Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2013, 12:34 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,435,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Since I cannot speak for anyone but for myself, all that I did was share a incident that happened to my family and you go off on some crazy rant. FYI, there is a big difference in LIVING as a black person and SUPPORTING one. Personally I think that your petty attack was uncalled for since these are things that happened and solutions that we were force to resort to. That being said how can you fault anyone if they tired to work things out peacefully and it was thrown in your face? Like I mentioned before this country was founded on violence and that will never change, but for some reason you feel that the very same group of people that it has been directed at since their arrival should be pacifist even when they are attacked for no reason, please explain this?

Are you familiar with the history of violence in this country as it pertains to blacks once they were free?

"A Brief History of America" - YouTube

Now don't get me wrong if violence can be avioded by all means try to do it, but because of ignorance, fear and racism many times violence is the only thing that some people understand.

Which brings to mind, do you have school age children? If you do what would have done if your child were in the same situation?

It is one thing to disagree based on how you feel about a subject, but to completely blow off someone elses experiences is just wrong.
Well said. It's ok for Futuremauian to use lead as was posted for justified protection but when a black person does it's gun violence.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:37 PM

73,134 posts, read 62,780,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
I thought you were done. I guess not. But your rant is justifying your own racist bias toward black people. Your response has just proven my point even further about white bias towards blacks to the extent that all a racist person like you does is use stats and that old affirmative action talking points to justify how you are so much better than black people.

I don't know why you are ASSUming that I was bragging about living in a white neighborhood. When did I brag about living in a white neighborhood?

Here you go again, ASSuming that I have turned my back on my own people. Well I grew up in Compton and graduated from Compton High almost 30 years ago. I came back to the city I grew up in and taught in the very school district for 8 years.

FYI, being on a teachers salary when my wife took off to be home with our kids, meant that we couldn't afford to buy a house in Compton or in LA County period, so we moved inland where the houses were 100,000-150,000 dollars cheaper, and I commuted to Compton until it took a toll on me and two cars.

After I decided to leave Compton, I could have gone to any school district of my choosing where students were more privileged, but because I wanted to make a difference in students who looked like me, I found a school district closer to my home where the district had the same demographics as Compton. So, for you to ASSume that I have turned my back on my people, you don't know what you are talking about.

Are you really saying that a black family can't live where they can afford? Come on! This is the United States of America, and I have the right to live in any neighborhood I can afford and desire, be it a predominately white neighborhood, black or etc.

Do you tell inner city white school teachers to live in the inner city school neighborhoods where they teach? I bet you don't. But I get it, you are mad, maybe even jealous, because a black person, like me, can afford to live in a solidly nice middle class neighborhood, that happens to be predominately white, and I guess that bothers you so much that you have to make yourself believe that Affirmative Action got me in my house and neighborhood because I am a beneficiary of it? WOW!!!! Too bad...so sad, YOU DEAL WITH IT!

Don't HATE, just APPRECIATE!!!.
I think some people just don't want Blacks living in certain places. Some people know Blacks have the freedom to live wherever they want, and many Black people are using those freedoms. And this is what scares some people.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:35 PM

6,386 posts, read 4,852,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I think some people just don't want Blacks living in certain places. Some people know Blacks have the freedom to live wherever they want, and many Black people are using those freedoms. And this is what scares some people.
Unbelievable! Now I've also told you where you can live???
I entered this whine-fest to make ONE point: It is irresponsible for a teacher to encourage his son to fistfight. Apparently that made me a racist. Every thought I've expressed has been twisted into something different. It's like conversing with professional liars.
Just keep telling yourself that whitey is responsible for the hole you've collectively dug. Surely that will make the lives of A/As better in the future.

Last edited by Futuremauian; 09-30-2013 at 05:00 PM..

Old 09-30-2013, 05:17 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,343,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Unbelievable! Now I've also told you where you can live???
I entered this whine-fest to make ONE point: It is irresponsible for a teacher to encourage his son to fistfight. Apparently that made me a racist. Every thought I've expressed has been twisted into something different. It's like conversing with professional liars.
Just keep telling yourself that whitey is responsible for the hole you've collectively dug. Surely that will make the lives of A/As better in the future.

??????

Old 09-30-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
??????
Stuck? Try reading it again, S L O W L Y. Maybe say the words out loud?

Old 09-30-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Stuck? Try reading it again, S L O W L Y. Maybe say the words out loud?

Mainly because your tirade is all over the place. First you attack one person telling his kid to defend themselve and at the same time criticize him for being a teacher to boot and you end up trying to connect all of your nonsense to a subject that you clearly know nothing about -----Racism. But yet you have the audacity to insult my intelligence over your gibberish

Old 09-30-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Mainly because your tirade is all over the place. First you attack one person telling his kid to defend themselve and at the same time criticize him for being a teacher to boot and you end up trying to connect all of your nonsense to a subject that you clearly know nothing about -----Racism. But yet you have the audacity to insult my intelligence over your gibberish
Good thing you were there to defend him from my "attack". In all of the times I've run across your posts on a variety of threads, I have never ONCE witnessed you defending the actions of a white person. In your world, black people are NEVER wrong, but white people ALWAYS are.
And yeah, I do know a lot about racism. I've been a recipient of it for 30+ years, dished up by hundreds of A/A children, and sometimes their family members. Yet, I continue to try to teach conflict resolution to kids who may die because violence is the only solution they learn at home. Dozens of kids I've known are dead or in prison today.
Teaching your son to hit others, then whining that he is the only one who got in trouble for it, is bull$hit.

Today, walking to our school buses, I watched a little black girl with a big smile on her face, lightly touch a black boy on the top of his head, obviously playing or maybe even flirting. He turned around and punched her hard, in the face. She ran off screaming and crying. I stopped him, and took him to the office. Our VP said this is typical behavior from him. I guess he was taught to "knock em out" too. Great plan!
After all these years, I'm continually shocked at how violently black people treat each other.

Last edited by Futuremauian; 09-30-2013 at 09:17 PM..

Old 09-30-2013, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Good thing you were there to defend him from my "attack". In all of the times I've run across your posts on a variety of threads, I have never ONCE witnessed you defending the actions of a white person. In your world, black people are NEVER wrong, but white people ALWAYS are.

Thanks for your loyal following. If a black person was wrong I would call it as such, but your accusation of me not defending the actions of racist behavior done by SOME whites in certain situation you are spot on. Here I will give you an example: The Trayvon Martin case, I did not say that Zimmerman was a racist and I put the blame on the whole travesty of justice on the Sanford Police dept, which I felt was well deserved. So if the players in the non-arrest of zimmerman and the lack of a proper investigation were black would I still feel the same? You betcha!

So I asked why should I defend someone who I believe is wrong based on their race? If you feel that what you say is true please provide an example and prove it or at least give me the opportunity to explain what I posted.

And yeah, I do know a lot about racism. I've been a recipient of it for 30+ years, dished up by hundreds of A/A children, and sometimes their family members. Yet, I continue to try to teach conflict resolution to kids who may die because violence is the only solution they learn at home. Dozens of kids I've known are dead or in prison today.
Teaching your child to hit others, then whining that he is the only one who got in trouble for it, is bull$hit.

I commend you on your efforts, but you have to understand is that diplomacy does not always work when you deal with people that do not understand the concept. I want to also make it clear about one thing that you must have missed, my son actually went to the people that were suppose to keep this type of thing from going on and he was rebuked. The next step was that he told my wife who also was blown off by the administration, so now I ask you what should he have done after that? Mine you he was still being tormented by this bully. I simply gave him the option that (my wife did not agree with) "if he kept bullying you, knock his block off" Now eventhough you might not like what I told him, the boy left him alone.

Now, my question to you. How would you explain the fact that my wife who believes in peaceful negotations went up to the school and was blown off (for whatever reason) by the administration? Personally, I believe that they thought that she was single mother and therefore needed no explanation or action. After a couple weeks when I found out what happened (she did not want me to know) and I was "blown off" by the same white female administrator. It was'nt until I talked to the head principal regarding what had happened and threaten to either sue or let my older son do the same thing to that kid (I bluffed on that one) he then promised an "investigation" on the matter but my son was cleared of any wrongdoing.

Today, walking to our school buses, I watched a little black girl with a big smile on her face, lightly touch a black boy on the top of his head, obviously playing or maybe even flirting. He turned around and punched her hard, in the face. She ran off screaming and crying. I stopped him, and took him to the office. Our VP said this is typical behavior from him. I guess he was taught to "knock em out" too. Great plan!
After all these years, I'm continually shocked at.

Do you realize that you just sterotyped all black people with what you just said? This has been an ongoing probelm here on CD as well. All blacks are characterized by the actions of one or a few instead of looking at them as individuals but yet you just insisted that I feel that blacks can do no wrong and whites are always to blame. Yet you have no probelm about saying "how violently black people treat each other"

Old 09-30-2013, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Do you realize that you just sterotyped all black people with what you just said? This has been an ongoing probelm here on CD as well. All blacks are characterized by the actions of one or a few instead of looking at them as individuals but yet you just insisted that I feel that blacks can do no wrong and whites are always to blame. Yet you have no probelm about saying "how violently black people treat each other"
Let me re-phrase that then: "I am continually shocked at how violently black people I have personally known over the past 30 years, treated each other." (And those in newspapers, on television, and in the crime reports I have seen.) Is that better? And yeah I have witnessed similar stuff among other races. Most of the time, though...
One thing I have noticed on other threads is that you throw personal insults at those with whom you disagree. Accordingly, you have no moral authority over anyone else on CD.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:14 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,536,616 times
It's not a persons skin color that makes them dangerous it's how they were raised and the type of environment one lives in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies