Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2013, 05:52 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times

Advertisements

I don't know about admitting this or that, but I do know that using how someone grew up as a cop-out for their behavior is utter b.s.

Plenty of people had harder lives and didn't turn into a-holes and criminals.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:00 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
No its not and I think your title and premise are both a straw man. An observable truth is not racism. One is not a racist simply by making truthful OBSERVATIONS; but rather, one is a racist by the demerits of their EXPLANATION….or the lack thereof.

As I pointed out before, if one has a disease, while another is healthy, what explains why one person has a disease and the other does not, given the same age, gender, lifestyle, exercise and the like. The person with the disease may have either been exposed to something EXTERNAL (environment), that the other person was not and or the person may have a problem INTERNAL (genetics) that the other person does not, that result in poor health relative to the other. Internal and external creates a binary option. Arguing against one option is therefore promotion/advocacy of the other option. Hence, if one dismisses that the person with poor health has his or her condition as a result of things external, then one is saying that there is an internal cause of their poor relative health. One does not have to say what they think it IS, in a binary choice, all they have to do is say what they think it is NOT and by default they are saying what they believe that it is.

The same holds true in the juxtaposition of the socioeconomic health between blacks and whites. It’s observably true that blacks have greater dysfunction relative to whites, but why? The answer is again, either INTERNAL (genetics) or EXTERNAL (environment). Hence, when people argue, like myself, that the accrued stimuli of a historically racist environment in America is responsible for the relative socioeconomic dysfunction, in other words, an EXTERNAL causation, to refute or disagree with that claim, by default, makes one a racist because the only other option is that the cause is INTERNAL, which implies black inferiority. I would argue that the vast majority of arguments I hear on this forum attempts to refute, debunk and discredit an external causation to socioeconomic racial inequality....or black dysfunction.....which is racist.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 10-01-2013 at 06:08 AM..

Old 10-01-2013, 06:02 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Go back to "STORMFRONT""!

..............well, what he is saying is statiscally correct.

Tell me, if confronted by a tiger, or a house cat, which would you avoid petting?

Old 10-01-2013, 06:05 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohanna View Post
The statistics clearly demonstrate that Blacks commit a disproportionate amount of the crime. Here's a few, from the Color of Crime:
People uneducated in math and statistics shouldn't play with them anymore than joe blow should try to wire his house for electric power with no training.

Those types of "statistics" are garbage and used to indoctrinate the dumber segments of society.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:08 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I don't know about admitting this or that, but I do know that using how someone grew up as a cop-out for their behavior is utter b.s.

Plenty of people had harder lives and didn't turn into a-holes and criminals.
This. I don't see anything abusive with your foster care "story". No one actually beat you or your siblings. You weren't sexually abused. You went to school. Ate everyday and your foster mom seemingly cared about you since she warned you of things and were upset that you ran away.

You seem like a crybaby who just discovered "black"statistics. FYI this is a duplicate thread. There have been many discussions about it. You should go revive one of them. A couple were just revived last week.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:14 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
No its not and I think your title and premise are both a straw man. An observable truth is not racism. One is not a racist simply by making truthful OBSERVATIONS; but rather, one is a racist by the demerits of their EXPLANATION….or the lack thereof.

As I pointed out before, if one has a disease, while another is healthy, what explains why one person has a disease and the other does not, given the same age, gender, lifestyle, exercise and the like. The person with the disease may have either been exposed to something EXTERNAL (environment), that the other person was not and or the person may have a problem INTERNAL (genetics) that the other person does not, that result in poor health relative to the other. Internal and external creates a binary option. Arguing against one option is therefore promotion/advocacy of the other option. Hence, if one dismisses that the person with poor health has his or her condition as a result of things external, then one is saying that there is an internal cause of their poor relative health. One does not have to say what they think it IS, in a binary choice, all they have to do is say what they think it is NOT and by default they are saying what they believe that it is.

The same holds true in the juxtaposition of the socioeconomic health between blacks and whites. It’s observably true that blacks have greater dysfunction relative to whites, but why? The answer is again, either INTERNAL (genetics) or EXTERNAL (environment). Hence, when people argue, like myself, that the accrued stimuli of a historically racist environment in America is responsible for the relative socioeconomic dysfunction, in other words, an EXTERNAL causation, to refute or disagree with that claim, by default, makes one a racist because the only other option is that the cause is INTERNAL, which implies black inferiority.
I agree with your post generally, but
Yes, it is true than an observable fact is not racist, but nobody can observe the violent criminal behavior of millions of people and come to any conclusions, let alone those based on race.

This is the problem in the nutshell with those kinds of observations they are inherently biased by our racist society and usually further corrupted by our own personal biases. They are basically useless for making grand observations about millions upon millions of people.

When you say it is observably true that black people have more dysfunction, no it is not. You can't walk down the street and look at black and white people and say hey this person has this dysfunction.

The very idea of dysfunctional behavior has to be explained.

What I see is huge amounts of what I would describe as dysfunctional behavior amongst all Americans, but different levels of punishment for that dysfunction for different groups of Americans.

Other than that good post.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:26 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I agree with your post generally, but
Yes, it is true than an observable fact is not racist, but nobody can observe the violent criminal behavior of millions of people and come to any conclusions, let alone those based on race.

This is the problem in the nutshell with those kinds of observations they are inherently biased by our racist society and usually further corrupted by our own personal biases. They are basically useless for making grand observations about millions upon millions of people.

When you say it is observably true that black people have more dysfunction, no it is not. You can't walk down the street and look at black and white people and say hey this person has this dysfunction.

The very idea of dysfunctional behavior has to be explained.

What I see is huge amounts of what I would describe as dysfunctional behavior amongst all Americans, but different levels of punishment for that dysfunction for different groups of Americans.

Other than that good post.
It is observable....depending on where one lives. Last year my 10 year old daughter asked me this question. "Why do all the areas with really nice houses have mostly white people and the areas with really bad houses have mostly black people"? One can also look at the news and see disparities and many educated people are cognizant of statistics.....and one does OBSERVE statistics.

I also disagree with what you said the mind cannot do......which is come to conclusions about millions of acts of crime. The mind does exactly that. It looks for patterns subconsciously to find way to use those patterns to promote your survival. The mind is always calculating the probabilities to promote your survival. You might not be conscious of it, but it is. If a mind is not doing such.....its dysfunctional.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:55 AM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
It is racist to attempt to use someone's race to ratify your own antipathy, disparaging actions, or callous attitudes toward people of that race.
At this point, said person who is claiming "Blacks are scum, avoid them all", well, we all can see said person's agenda. It's out in the open, it is there, open and honest. And the stuff being mentioned such as that book written by Paul Kersey, well, it came from this website: Stuff Black People Don't Like - SBPDL

This is part of what I'm talking about. It isn't so much the statistics that bother me. Statistics are that, statistics. It is how people use them that bother me. It is the fact that said persons use these statistics to judge the entire Black population. It is the persons who judge the entire Black population based on the very worst of the Black population that is disgusting. Yes, I find it disgusting when any crimes take place. I say if you do the crime, you do the time, end of discussion. At the same time, individuals are responsible for their crimes. If a Black person commits a crime, then hold that specific individual responsible, don't go throwing the entire Black population under the bus. Of course, some people have so much hatred for Black people that their entire agenda is to push the idea of "Blacks are scum, avoid them all". I call it being weak-minded. It can be dangerous if one is in power to make important decisions. For someone who has no power, all they can do is spew disgusting things.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:17 AM

3,532 posts, read 6,425,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Mainly because your tirade is all over the place. First you attack one person telling his kid to defend themselve and at the same time criticize him for being a teacher to boot and you end up trying to connect all of your nonsense to a subject that you clearly know nothing about -----Racism. But yet you have the audacity to insult my intelligence over your gibberish
AMEN!!!! You hit this right on the head.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:35 AM

3,532 posts, read 6,425,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Teaching your son to hit others, then whining that he is the only one who got in trouble for it, is bull$hit.[/u][/b]
Again, you don't know what you are talking about. What I said, if you read my posts, was that my youngest son came home crying and he did not want to go to school because this kid, who happened to be white was bullying him on the play ground because his big brother who befriended my older son was outed for lying on my older son about vandalism that was happening in my neighborhood. His big brother wanted revenge, and was using his little brother to pick on my son.

The incident became racial when we found out that the teen who accused my son of the vandalism didn't even address my son by his name. He said that it was the black kid who has been doing the vandalism. Since my two sons, at that time, were the only two black kids in the neighborhood, it didn't take a rocket scientist to know who this teen was talking about. Then, his own little brother was calling my son the N word as he was picking on him at school.

Again, what I found to be interesting is the fact that none of the teachers on duty saw this kid picking on my son or even investigated it after my son told those teachers on duty. NOW READ MY WORDS SLOWLY AND CLEARLY. When my wife called the school asked to speak to the principal, he was in meetings and didn't get back to my wife. My son didn't want to go to school because of this kid picking on him and calling him the N word. After my wife told my son to knock this boy out. which meant that if this boy hits you again, you hit him back, that was when the boy stopped. Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? But the teacher investigated that when the boy told the teacher on duty that my son had hit him. HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM? So again, those are the facts and my son had a right to defend himself, like any parent would tell their child.

My posting this was not to cry racism, but it was to highlight a sad fact about being black in America. We can't fly under the radar like other people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies