Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2013, 03:03 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,426,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
Except the problem is that many, MANY black individuals are violent, thugs and criminals. Again this isn't just a few and statistics bare that out for everyone to see. And its to such a high degree that as I've been asking you for like seemingly a thousand times, if the number of black individuals who are violent and who commit crime are so few, why is it so difficult to find even one large black community in the entire US that has a low crime rate?

If its that hard to find even one city in all of USA that has several hundred thousand blacks living relatively peacefully with each other and with everyone else, how can you possibly say that there's only a 'few' bad individuals ruining the reputation for the rest?
Wouldn 't that mean that the black race would become extinct in American cities soon if they're all killing each other ?

Old 10-01-2013, 04:29 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
Except the problem is that many, MANY black individuals are violent, thugs and criminals. Again this isn't just a few and statistics bare that out for everyone to see. And its to such a high degree that as I've been asking you for like seemingly a thousand times, if the number of black individuals who are violent and who commit crime are so few, why is it so difficult to find even one large black community in the entire US that has a low crime rate?

If its that hard to find even one city in all of USA that has several hundred thousand blacks living relatively peacefully with each other and with everyone else, how can you possibly say that there's only a 'few' bad individuals ruining the reputation for the rest?

You continue to amaze me. For someone who relies TOTALLY on flaw statistics and proably does not know not one black american you are totally clueless. In none of your rantings have you discussed income levels or education but you consistantly lump all blacks together without prejuice. What is it with you did some black canadian kids take your lunch money or something?

To answer your assinine question. Since there are no cities in this country that comprise of just wealthy and educated blacks but I can give you at least 15 communities that do
[SIZE=4]Top 25 Black Neighborhoods | The Higley 1000[/SIZE]

Now as to your second stupid question Can you name one city in this country with several hundred thousand of one ethnicity of people that does not have any violence in them? Of course you can't because it does not exist here.

Old 10-01-2013, 05:26 PM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Again....another straw man or "reading is fundamental" rebuttal that is predicated upon something that was not said. Who said that there were still laws on the books? who said they hate and resent?
You did. You implied there still is legal racism.
Nice to see that there are still b
lack people who still think they are still in chains.
Wanna stop racism? Look into your own communities and deal with your own racist attitudes!

Old 10-01-2013, 06:01 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
It is observable....depending on where one lives. Last year my 10 year old daughter asked me this question. "Why do all the areas with really nice houses have mostly white people and the areas with really bad houses have mostly black people"? One can also look at the news and see disparities and many educated people are cognizant of statistics.....and one does OBSERVE statistics.

I also disagree with what you said the mind cannot do......which is come to conclusions about millions of acts of crime. The mind does exactly that. It looks for patterns subconsciously to find way to use those patterns to promote your survival. The mind is always calculating the probabilities to promote your survival. You might not be conscious of it, but it is. If a mind is not doing such.....its dysfunctional.
That's the whole point, it is not observable. You only falsely believe it is.

Those kinds observations can be wrong. Statistics are what tell the tale so to speak.

People see patterns all the time that don't exist. This is proven. Look, there is no way to calculate millions of crimes and come to conclusions about dysfunction and race.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:19 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
You did. You implied there still is legal racism.
Nice to see that there are still b
lack people who still think they are still in chains.
Wanna stop racism? Look into your own communities and deal with your own racist attitudes!
No...again...its people who have no tenable argument MAKING UP stuff, the straw man, to refute and then pretend as if they are refuting something another said. Its deception, misdirection and obfuscation. What I actually said was in response to your "200 years ago" hyperbole about black oppression. I pointed out how could that be the case when legalized oppression was still written into laws in the 60's. I then stated that oppression of blacks did not end when laws against discrimination ended. I then noted that crime has not ended by virtue of it being against the law.....and if crime can go on against the law then it stands to reason that so can oppression. Nothing that you said I said....or implied is true. You are guilty of trying to oppress truth and trying to puts chains on truth.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:25 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,834,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Thanks for replying. You seem to get it as well as everyone I spoke to about this incident. But Futuremauian wants to address this as my wife and I acting like the stereotypical black parents, which wasn't the case at all. His rant over me being a teacher supporting violence was outrageous to say the least. I'm talking as a parent, who happens to be a teacher, to support my son who was being bullied and no one at my son's school seemed to investigate the matter until my son fought back.
You, and Simetime, and Green Mariner don't seem to understand that as successful black men, you should be role models for the fatherless kids out there. (I try to be.) Encouraging violence because you feel "justified" only perpetuates violence.

I'm having a daily problem with a boy at school (Haitian anchor baby). I asked a co-teacher if he was having any success with this kid and discovered that last week, the teacher stated that he was going to call the boy's family. The boy told him, "I don't like teachers calling my mama. If you call her, I will be waiting by your car after school and we will settle it." WTF??? A 13 year-old threatens the teacher? When contacted, the parent agreed that it was wrong, but added that the boy has been taught to defend himself when threatened. He felt "justified". Sound familiar?

Old 10-01-2013, 07:15 PM

73,027 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
You, and Simetime, and Green Mariner don't seem to understand that as successful black men, you should be role models for the fatherless kids out there. (I try to be.) Encouraging violence because you feel "justified" only perpetuates violence.

I'm having a daily problem with a boy at school (Haitian anchor baby). I asked a co-teacher if he was having any success with this kid and discovered that last week, the teacher stated that he was going to call the boy's family. The boy told him, "I don't like teachers calling my mama. If you call her, I will be waiting by your car after school and we will settle it." WTF??? A 13 year-old threatens the teacher? When contacted, the parent agreed that it was wrong, but added that the boy has been taught to defend himself when threatened. He felt "justified". Sound familiar?
The situation with the Haitian kid and antredd's situation are two different things. What you don't get is that the administration did absolutely NOTHING to help his son. His final solution was "defend yourself". Every human being has a right to defend themselves. What would you do if you were being punched on? Sit there and take it? I know plenty of White parents who would teach their kids "someone hits you, hit them back, defend yourself". And yet, you only harp on Blacks for defending themselves. Sounds alot like the old days when no one wanted Blacks to defend themselves.

There is a big difference between telling someone to initiate violence and telling someone to defend themselves. If a kid can't defend himself, said kid will keep being bullied to no avail. There are White people who say this left and right. I should know because I went to school with White kids who were being advised in such a way.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:05 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,834,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The situation with the Haitian kid and antredd's situation are two different things. What you don't get is that the administration did absolutely NOTHING to help his son. His final solution was "defend yourself". Every human being has a right to defend themselves. What would you do if you were being punched on? Sit there and take it? I know plenty of White parents who would teach their kids "someone hits you, hit them back, defend yourself". And yet, you only harp on Blacks for defending themselves. Sounds alot like the old days when no one wanted Blacks to defend themselves.

There is a big difference between telling someone to initiate violence and telling someone to defend themselves. If a kid can't defend himself, said kid will keep being bullied to no avail. There are White people who say this left and right. I should know because I went to school with White kids who were being advised in such a way.
Just to clarify, the boy is American-born and is the anchor for an illegal Haitian family.
The part I have trouble believing about Antredd's story is when he says they exhausted every avenue in trying to reach the Administration first. Maybe it's true, but I don't believe it. If you were a teacher, you would know what I'm saying. With Eric Holder et. al., "requesting" suspension data for black kids nationwide, I see and hear about principals give A/As immediate attention.
That aside, I do know about defending myself. My point is that I have heard essentially EVERY A/A student, male and female, justify their endless brawls/drama by saying they were "defending themselves" or being "bullied". I'm not talking about a couple of times, or a dozen times. I mean hundreds of times, I've seen this. We have multiple fights nearly every day.
Do you really think there isn't an alternative?

BTW: I have read your posts on many threads, and have noticed that you seem caught in between two cultures, without really feeling comfortable in either one?
It's got to be extremely difficult being a law-abiding black man at this time in America.
Best of luck to you! While I'm at it, Simetime too. You are a hardass, but deliver rational arguments.

Last edited by Futuremauian; 10-01-2013 at 09:47 PM..

Old 10-01-2013, 11:19 PM

Quote:

You are comparing apples to oranges. My son was the one being picked on and the one who was being called the N. Word. I can't believe you think that this Haitian teen wanting to beat up a teacher after school is the same as my son defending himself from a boy who obviously wanted to do physical and emotional harm to my son.

You have never addressed the fact that the boy picking on my son, who happened to be white, was wrong for calling my son the N. Word and for punching him on more than one occasion. Never have you asked about this boy's parents, and did they come to, at least, discuss this matter with my wife and I, especially when I ran into the boy's father in our local grocery store and the man didn't say anything to me at all.

What is so sad also is that for this boy to just blatantly call my son the N. word just goes to show that the N. word was probably being used in this boy's household to the point where this boy wasn't afraid of any repercussions for using this word.

What you are doing is blaming my son, wife, and I for being at the wrong place and the wrong time, since black people aren't supposed to move into predominately white neighborhoods. You have let me know how I have turned my back on my people, and now you are telling me how I need to be a role model for all black children. Being a role model starts in my home. Both of my boys have seen me go to work, know where I grew up and came from, and with hard work, they know like my father told me, if you work your butt off by not asking for any handouts, you will be able to live the American Dream.

Old 10-01-2013, 11:43 PM

Quote:
The part I have trouble believing about Antredd's story is when he says they exhausted every avenue in trying to reach the Administration first. Maybe it's true, but I don't believe it. If you were a teacher, you would know what I'm saying.
These incidents all happened within two week period. I don't know if the principal was out of town or at some district principal meetings, but you being a teacher like me, know that sometimes principals aren't always available when parents call.

In fact, after my wife spoke to my son's teacher, my wife thought that the problem had been resolved. It was when my son came home the next day from school complaining about this same boy that my wife called the principal to be told that he was not available. Now my wife called a couple of times to speak to the principal, and by then my son was crying and not wanting to go to school. The problem hadn't been resolved or addressed yet by the principal, and my son's teacher, who wasn't on duty, had to investigate it with the teacher on duty. So I don't know why it took so long, but don't you think that this was a very serious matter that should have been immediately handled?

So you tell me what was my son to do about this situation, when he went and told the teacher first? I guess we should have kept him at home until we got this matter addressed and resolved or just kept letting this boy bully my son?

Again, the teacher on duty seemed to have brushed it off and didn't investigate it because, maybe in his or her mind, they were preoccupied with other things. I have seen this happen a lot at school because many times the teachers don't think what the students are telling is really serious. Me, being an elementary teacher, and, elementary teachers can attest to this, kids come to us all of the time to complain about Johnny hitting them or Johnny calling them a name. You teach middle school, and must not have a clue about what elementary teachers have to listen to from elementary students. It gets to the point where it's all you may hear, especially from the lower grade students. I don't know if this is how the teacher saw it, but what gets me is the fact that this teacher sent my son to the principal's office and not the boy after my son hit him back. Hummmmm?

Now had that been me on duty, and if any kid came to me upset about someone calling them a racial slur, I would have investigated it immediately, told that boy's teacher, and documented what the student told me just in case the parent calls the school to see what's going on, which all teachers should be doing.

Last edited by antredd; 10-02-2013 at 12:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies