Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2013, 06:51 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,834,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald_octane View Post
I see how you simply glossed over the part where I plainly said that one should be helped on a HUMAN level, not on race. Very nice.

Please take your diatribe elsewhere.
You said you have no obligation, after stating "what the heck difference does it make to me...", then added that you might help, under certain conditions?
Point to the sentence in your post where you "plainly said that one should be helped".
The rest of your post was a useless whinefest.

Ditto with the "diatribe" snark!

Old 10-02-2013, 10:57 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,426,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Disingenuous. The reason I get nowhere with you is that you keep paraphrasing (spinning) my words into what you wish I've said (to bolster your argument) instead of addressing the central issue: Violence leads to more violence.
If you know this to be wrong, stand back and watch the violence continue. Or try to change it. Your choice.
Meanwhile, as your children grow up and encounter conflicts with others, what lessons that they've learned at home will come into play?
I am not a violent person. I don't go around picking fights or cry victim. What I have taught my boys is to love God, love themselves, and treat people the way that they want to be treated. With that said, my youngest son has not been tarnished by the incident that happened to him in elementary school. However, he has dealt with some knuckle heads at his high school, and I was shocked when he said certain students, like your black and brown students done to you out of disrespect, would make racial comments or borderline insensitive remarks because he was the minority in the classroom.

Old 10-02-2013, 11:02 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,426,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Anyway, even if you don't believe antredd, if said person has done what he could do, can you blame said person for telling his child to defend himself? My point, and his point, is this: If the teacher and the administrator isn't doing anything about the bullying, what next? We aren't advocating violence. We are advocating self-defense. The incident with the child of Haitian descent, that is far different than a kid actually being bullied and being called the N-word. I can understand what antredd is talking about because I've been the child who was bullied and administration wasn't taking it seriously.

And ask yourself this. How do those fights start? Did not someone have to hit someone? And why do you focus so much on Black people having the "if you get hit, hit back" and not White people who have that philosophy?

And the last part of your paragraph. Please explain exactly what you mean by what you are saying about me, particularly the first sentence starting from BTW.

And something else, it has been hard for law-abiding Black people from day one in this country.
I think I let this go farther than I should have with Futuremauian because I have learned that when you disagree with a person and a person disagrees with you, the best thing to do is to agree to disagree, before it becomes a drawn out argument over nothing.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
I think I let this go farther than I should have with Futuremauian because I have learned that when you disagree with a person and a person disagrees with you, the best thing to do is to agree to disagree, before it becomes a drawn out argument over nothing.
I will agree to agree with you on this point!

Old 10-03-2013, 08:06 AM

73,027 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
It might have been good to say "agree to disagree". I have a habit of dragging things out too. I think the thing with me is that I disagree so much and I feel so strongly about things that I have to say it.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:09 AM

73,027 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
From age 14 to maybe 18 or 20? Not really that long, and during our peak testosterone years.
I have seen it repeatedly, and was once in the awkward position of having the daughter of a killer in class, with the daughter of the man who was killed. After numerous interventions, one of them was moved to a different school. I have students right now with parents in jail, or dead mainly from gang violence.
There is the major difference right there: GANGS.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:17 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
So you're telling me there aren't tens of millions of poor white and non-black Americans living in the US right now? Tell me why their crime rates aren't anywhere near as high as black crime rates are? And for that matter tell me why the HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of Chinese, Indians and other asians living throughout South East Asia who are many times poorer than black Americans and yet they somehow have lower crime rates than black Americans?

First of all that was not what you ask, which was to name a city of several thousand blacks that was not violent and I replied that their are no cities that are all black of that size. To answer to ANOTHER DAQ (dumb ass question), you are trying to compare apples and blocks to prove a nonsenical point. Chinese in S.W Asia have the same culture, religion and for the most part language. This fact alone is something that is different from blacks in the U.S. Secondly, they are not under the same laws and government as we are in the U.S (theirs are are a little more repressive then ours). They also do not have to contend with the same media which encourages the "I got mine, you get yours attitude" that is well accepted in this country. Finally, THEY ARE IN A DIFFERENT COUNTRY!!! Why could'nt you have least used an example within the U.S?

The point is you don't need to be rich to be peaceful and respect your fellow man. That is TAUGHT by your parents assuming they are good parents, but its pretty obvious that many blacks are horrible parents and in turn raise horrible kids who then become prone to violence and crime. Its as simple as that.

Thank you for exposing either your stupidity and or racist side to the equation! Apparently you know nothing about blacks other than what you see in your bunker. As far as "respecting your fellow man crap" let me ask you a question. Who was actually responsible for every major war and conflict that this country has parcipated in.......go on I will wait. I guess discounting, historic proverty, slavery, Jim Crow laws, unequal education, jobs, healthcare, corrupt/racist legal system, bias drug laws, housing, beatings, lynchings and uniformed charlatans like yourself, I guess blacks really do not have a reason to be mad or violent

Before you are someone as dense as yourself post that I'm making up excuses for black violence, I typed this to prove a point that blacks could have turned these things on their oppressors instead of internalizing them on themselves.

As for one ethnicty of people that doesn't have any violence in them, of course there isn't such a thing as crime will occur from people of all races/ethnicities. But just look at the amount of crime from 18 million asians in the US who commit LESS THAN 100 MURDERS A YEAR. That's right 18 MILLION Asians throughout the entire US commit less murder than the blacks in Chicago alone. And yet you're telling me that blacks don't have a huge crime problem? The fact that you, green mariner or anyone else can't find one large concentration of blacks anywhere in the US that has a low crime rate proves this point.

Huh, I gave you 25!!! in my previous post (reading is fundamental) Oh btw, can you provide proof to what you just said because it is a lie and you know it. Last year 500 people died violently in Chicago and that does include Latino, white, black and other ethnic murderers/victims. So you are saying that 18 million asians (which includes all Chinese, Vietnese, Cambonians, Thai, Japanese, Phillipanese ect) in this country did not comitted or were responsible for at least 500 deaths in this country? Whatever you are smoking you should market it [SIZE=4]500 homicides in Chicago in 2012 | abc7chicago.com[/SIZE]

It shouldn't be that hard to do should it? It shouldn't be that difficult to point to an area in the US and say 'This city has 500,000 blacks living here and as you can see, the crime and murder rates here are very low. So there! You're wrong'. Why aren't you or anyone else capable of doing this? Or is it because such an area doesn't exist and every area that has a large population of blacks also has a significant crime problem?
1/2 million blacks in one city with the same educational and income levels? You will not find that anywhere in this country. Can you name any ethnicity with 500k people with the same background and there is no violence in the U.S? Of course you can't because it does not exist other than in your mind.

Maybe you should take your far out racial awareness where it can be appreciated like Faux News or somewhere that it would be better believed like stromfront

Old 10-03-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
You, and Simetime, and Green Mariner don't seem to understand that as successful black men, you should be role models for the fatherless kids out there. (I try to be.) Encouraging violence because you feel "justified" only perpetuates violence.

Before I left Pittsburgh and moved to Atlanta, every satuarday afternoon I would go to the local barbershop in my neighborhood since it is frequented by more young blackmen and listen to what to what they feel is important to them. At the same time I would give them (in many cases) better ways to settle their disputes with others. Being that I grew up in the neighborhood and many of their fathers and mothers knew me and could verify anything that I said to them. Many of them listened to what I had to say as far as getting ahead and what to watch out for. Believe me, I never condone violence, especially if it can be avoided. The owner of the barbershop also is a fixture in the community and was one of the people that I grew up with as well and we both offered solutions to many awkward situations were they did not want to talk to their mothers or their fathers were not around. Every so ofen I will visit the same shop and ask about some of the kids that we talked with, some listened and went away on scholarships, some found decent jobs but there were others that were determined to live the "gangsta life" and were either dead or in jail. Ken, the owner still offers advice to those who want it, but there is only so much that you can do if the other parts in your life are not complete

I'm having a daily problem with a boy at school (Haitian anchor baby). I asked a co-teacher if he was having any success with this kid and discovered that last week, the teacher stated that he was going to call the boy's family. The boy told him, "I don't like teachers calling my mama. If you call her, I will be waiting by your car after school and we will settle it." WTF??? A 13 year-old threatens the teacher? When contacted, the parent agreed that it was wrong, but added that the boy has been taught to defend himself when threatened. He felt "justified". Sound familiar?
That sounds to me that he was more afraid of his parents than he was of the teacher. Personally I would have called him on it and told his parents what he had said as well.

Old 10-03-2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
That sounds to me that he was more afraid of his parents than he was of the teacher. Personally I would have called him on it and told his parents what he had said as well.
His parents were informed.
I am seriously impressed by your efforts at the barber shop. It makes me feel guilty for not doing more.
Excellent job!

Old 10-04-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:
His parents were informed.
I am seriously impressed by your efforts at the barber shop. It makes me feel guilty for not doing more.
Excellent job!

You should'nt because you can only do what you can. If I had a bigger platform, I proably be ignored because it was not personal and the kids would not be able to connect with me. I really believe that this is why some interventions do not work because the kids figure that "they don't know what they are talking about". I also found this type of apathy when I worked as a caseworker as well by some of the older staff. The supervisors attributed to longevity and from hearing every hard luck story that they could bare. I remember blasting a few people at a meeting for not caring and it was pretty much ignored by the management. When I was asked why did I bother in the first place, I explained that I knew how many of my clients were not educated on money management and how little that they had to work with and also what some of them did with their cash/stamps in order to get by. I realize that there is welfare fraud, but it is not the same extremes that some people may think. The poor have been used as scapegoats in order to hide the massive subsides that the wealthy are getting from the government.

I have invested heavily into currency and I waiting for a decent return so that I can start financial workshops in my old neighborhood and hopefully they wil learn to be more financially independent from the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies