Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2013, 12:38 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,418,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohanna View Post
encountering Black people and their unpleasant ways
While the statistics you reference are well known, I have a hard time believing that you really don't understand why your comments are characterized as racist when you use phrases like this.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:43 AM

487 posts, read 897,141 times
Oh no, I was only 16, and sweet. Very quiet, very polite. They called me "White B." I've come to learn it wasn't my behavior, but theirs to blame. My foster sister insisting to ALWAYS ride in the front seat, or she intimidated me, almost beat me up for the first time then, and she was a big girl. Having $150 stolen from my bed mattress. Witnessing a guy get jumped at Compton High. My foster mother taking my books away telling me I had to bathe and take care of my biological foster brother and sister -- bathe them, cook their dinner, or else I was not allowed to read my academic literature, even though SHE was the one pocketing all the money for it. My foster mother telling me not to walk around my neighborhood, because as a young White girl I'd probably get shot or kidnapped. Telling me to leave, run away, when I got into an argument about how unfair she was to me -- but when I did, coming after me and yelling at me for leaving. My foster mom telling me to hit my misbehaving 4 year old brother, because it was illegal for her to do it, but if I did it she wouldn't get in trouble. My foster sister threatening to beat me up over a very petty disagreement, I think asking her to turn her radio down while I read--and my foster mom told her if she was going to beat me up, do it outside her house.

This all happened within a time span of about a month. I have never witnessed the lowly behavior of people as I have in that Black community.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:43 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,481,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohanna View Post
It seems the main reason to openly admit to acknowledging that Black people in the US are, on a large scale, the ones primarily responsible for the most heinous crimes, is reprehensible is because they have an excuse: growing up on the ghetto mentality.

OK.

Your statement has been duly acknowledged.

[]

Old 10-01-2013, 12:52 AM

I believe it is immoral and idiotic to dislike individuals because of their ethnicity. It is also immoral and idiotic to hide one's head in the sands of political correctness and ignore the realities of black crime and the destruction of Western culture. 52.2% of homicides are committed by blacks, most by males aged 18 to 49; about 3 percent of the population. The black-offender homicide rate is 8 times greater than the white homicide rate.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:52 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,393,569 times
Default Nonsense thread

A racist person from the Right who makes this claim is not racist because he made the claim. He's simply a bigot and a racist making a stupid claim.

To be clear, BIGOTS from the Right are the most ignorant people in this society. They shouldn't look up at blacks and criticize a segment of society who they are completely ignorant of. Conservatives need to get out of the gutter.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:59 AM

I'm not from the 'right'. BUT I am not going to ignore the truth just to be "politically correct", AKA beating around the bush with lame euphemisms.

Old 10-01-2013, 01:01 AM

Recklessness is a danger to our society. Our society promoting it in its worship of violent, misogynistic hip hop and excusing the disproportionate wrongdoings of Black society makes the original problem worse. Recklessness is not okay. It should be stopped in its tracks. It is a choice.

Old 10-01-2013, 01:04 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,481,895 times
OK...OK!!

[we believe you!!]

Old 10-01-2013, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
A racist person from the Right who makes this claim is not racist because he made the claim. He's simply a bigot and a racist making a stupid claim.

To be clear, BIGOTS from the Right are the most ignorant people in this society. They shouldn't look up at blacks and criticize a segment of society who they are completely ignorant of. Conservatives need to get out of the gutter.
Acknowledging facts makes me a crazy conservative bigot, does it now? To be a nice, intellectual liberal I have to PRETEND the Black criminal problem is not considerable?

And funny how you call the statistics I listed 'stupid'. What's stupid is calling names without a cogent counter-argument, and then deeming me a bigot for providing some solid evidence for my apparent case.

I'm 100% right and this is a pressing issue for Americans.

That must be why there are so few responses, the only ones of which have been weak at best.

Old 10-01-2013, 04:39 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,711,454 times
It is racist to attempt to use someone's race to ratify your own antipathy, disparaging actions, or callous attitudes toward people of that race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies