Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2013, 06:49 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGold View Post
That didn't have to do with a damn thing I said. You ran your mouth about "separation of church and state" I asked you what that had to do with anything and you are now trying to move the goalpost or backtrack.

And come off it. They had no problem backing cakes for this same couple but when they were asked to bake, I.E. labor for a ceremony that went against their religion they couldn't do it. Again, they served this couple before so cut the whole "religious bigots" crap out. Anyone who doesn't toe the liberal line is a bigot, again must the that liberal tolerance. Are we gonna now force holocaust survivors or descendants to labor for Nazis?

Of course you "own two businesses". Everyone on the internet does. Of course you are in complete control , that is why you are backtracking on "separation of church and state". And of course I am the indignant one, that is why I am shouting bigot every other sentence like you. What's your point?

But, like I said since you people can't make an argument you hide behind "the laws of the land". But sometimes it isn't that simple. A couple was refused a cake with their son's Adolf Hitler name on it. It's just a name, the kid isn't actually Hitler himself but that didn't matter. The kid and his parents was discriminated against. Is that bakery an outright "bigot"?

liberals on this thread are feeling pretty full of themselves as if they destroyed these "religious bigots". No, they moved their bakery into their home. So they still get to keep their business without all liberal whack jobs spewing their hate at them and telling them want to do. So you can walk around as if you people accomplished something by getting this bakery shut down when all you people did was show more of more of your liberal intolerance and hate.
IF the bakery refused the couple on the basis that they were homosexual - then yes, that is frank discrimination. How could it be otherwise? They have admitted as much.

I'm not sure why this is hard to understand. IF they had said - we just have too much work right now or some such, then discrimination might be harder to prove.

And, like it or not, we do have separation of church and state in this country.

Old 09-05-2013, 06:51 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
IF the bakery refused the couple on the basis that they were homosexual - then yes, that is frank discrimination. How could it be otherwise? They have admitted as much.

I'm not sure why this is hard to understand. IF they had said - we just have too much work right now or some such, then discrimination might be harder to prove.
Which is why laws that do not solve the problem isn't the best idea.

Old 09-05-2013, 06:53 AM

545 posts, read 400,574 times
Quote:

And, like it or not, we do have separation of church and state in this country.
Discrimination and doing something against your consciousness are two different things.

Quote:
And, like it or not, we do have separation of church and state in this country
I'm not even gonna bother with that, you're jumping in the middle of something you don't even understand.

Old 09-05-2013, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Discrimination and doing something against your consciousness are two different things.

I'm not even gonna bother with that, you're jumping in the middle of something you don't even understand.
Clearly, you don't understand the concept of 'discrimination'.

Old 09-05-2013, 06:59 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,286,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
You mean like liberals who think pot laws don't apply to them?
No, I don't mean that at all because they don't wave a storybook around and insist that pretending storybook characters are real gives them a free pass.

Old 09-05-2013, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Clearly, you don't understand the concept of 'discrimination'.
And you don't understand the concept of "reading comprehension", that or you jumped in the middle of something without first reading what has been said, which I hope is the case.

Old 09-05-2013, 07:04 AM

Quote:
And you don't understand the concept of "reading comprehension", that or you jumped in the middle of something without first reading what has been said, which I hope is the case.
No, I did not. Discrimination is discrimination is discrimination even WHEN it is feebly cloaked in religion

Old 09-05-2013, 07:11 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,286,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You have missed the point.
No, I got the point. To a right-wing homophobe, not being able to treat gays as second-class citizens is just like *sob* slavery! Gosh, life must be awful for you.

Old 09-05-2013, 07:13 AM

Quote:
No, I did not. Discrimination is discrimination is discrimination even WHEN it is feebly cloaked in religion
LOL

Sure.

They are not standing by their religious sensibilities, they are being discriminating homophobic bigots (even though they have baked cakes for this very same couple in the past) and using their religion as a feeble excuse to do so.

Sorry, discrimination isn't whatever your feelings dictate.

Old 09-05-2013, 07:16 AM

Quote:
LOL

Sure.

They are not standing by their religious sensibilities, they are being discriminating homophobic bigots (even though they have baked cakes for this very same couple in the past) and using their religion as a feeble excuse to do so.

Sorry, discrimination isn't whatever your feelings dictate.
Sorry, we have laws against discrimination. I suggest you look them up.

And, it's funny how we usually find out just how 'Christian' these companies are. They have religious sensibilities when they feel like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies