Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2013, 11:21 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
B*tching about the President is fine, just so long as you understand that the House run by the Republicans and the Senate run by the Democrats are probably more to blame for the lack of fast economic recovery than the President. Always fun to watch people blame all the ills of our situation on the other guys while failing to look in the mirror and seeing the rest of the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2013, 11:44 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
B*tching about the President is fine, just so long as you understand that the House run by the Republicans and the Senate run by the Democrats are probably more to blame for the lack of fast economic recovery than the President. Always fun to watch people blame all the ills of our situation on the other guys while failing to look in the mirror and seeing the rest of the problem.
So, in your mind, Obama has nothing to do with-

Obamacare
increasing income taxes
increasing taxes on small business
failure to cut corporate taxes (only proposing tax cuts for very large industry)
promoting citizenship for illegals
failure to enforce immigration laws
failure to expand drilling on federal lands
the war on coal
EPA regulations

Wake up.

Liberal policy kills economic activity. Now why in the world is everyone so "shocked" when we have liberal policy limiting economic activity again?

Old 09-16-2013, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
So, in your mind, Obama has nothing to do with-

Obamacare
increasing income taxes
increasing taxes on small business
failure to cut corporate taxes (only proposing tax cuts for very large industry)
promoting citizenship for illegals
failure to enforce immigration laws
failure to expand drilling on federal lands
the war on coal
EPA regulations

Wake up.

Liberal policy kills economic activity. Now why in the world is everyone so "shocked" when we have liberal policy limiting economic activity again?
Hmmm, did I say any such thing, I think not, but I see that mirrors are not allowed in your house.
As for your list of claims:
He developed Obama care based opn Romneycare, you against that also, even though it is working?
Not for me, not for the lower or middle-class, not for the rich, who's income taxes have gone up?
Were they enough to kill business, really?
So he does not cut taxes on corpoaration so that is bad? Oh I forgot I am replying to a pawn of theirs.
Like Ronald did? Oh wait not a blanket Amnesty like Ronald but one that would allow Illegals that have been here all their lives a clear path and opportunity to get citizenship, I like the idea, even many Repubs do so also.
Really he has arrestedand deported more than any Repub, you really should not fed on the right-wring propaganda so much without question.
Good, I do not want them drilling there when there are so many other options.
War on coal? You mean regulations that make them cut back on their emissions, good to a point.
Same as the last one, I know you do not care about the environment, for the pawsn of big business no environmental concerns over-ride jobs, even if the damage is forever and trhe jobs are only temporary.
I am awake, I would suggest you take your own advice and realize that your boys are every bit to blame for the mess, denial is fine so long as you still know the real truth.

Old 09-16-2013, 12:41 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus
President Obama has been resuscitating this country from the horrific 8 years of Bush and you Republicans. This with clueless obstructionist Pubs in Congress kicking and screaming, trying desperate to ruin the economy to give the perception that it's the President's fault. YOUR policies, those of Dubya, had this country headed towards another Great Depression. You Pubs are in no position to even comment on the economic policies of this great President, policies which have thus far proven to be far superior than anything you have done for the economy.

The Republican ideology is THE disaster. Spare is your warped perception of the economy. It's meaningless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Your posts all read the same

hate
hate
hate
hate
hate
I will blow the president
hate
hate

repeat

Do you ever want to post any facts into your postings thus giving you a little bit of credibility? Dont think you ever will try.
Sadly this is no different from what other Obama lovers post. I even saw a post from an Obama lover on cd during the election where she said she would do every crevis of Obama's if she could. Thats sick.

Old 09-16-2013, 12:57 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Says the poster who just tried to blame Obama's disastrous policies on the other guys. Ahhh....the irony. I just looked in the mirror. I don't see Obama or Congress.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:07 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
You should reread that thread. I repeatedly asked you which bill you were referring to because:

1. You claimed the economy stopped imploding before any bills were signed by Obama..
Wrong, the economy stopped imploding before Obama spent a dime.. fact
Quote:
2. Most people think Obama had something to do with TARP.
Most peoples opinion, doesnt have a dam thing to do with fact..
Quote:
3. Obama signed ARRA before the economy stopped imploding, but signed a numerous bills after the economy stabilized.
Signing a bill doesnt stimulate, neither does taking money out of the economy so it can be respent. You cant ignore the money taken, in order to pretend you're giving it out. Furthermore, the economy is in the same shape as when the economy stabilized years ago..
Quote:
It's not my fault you didn't know which bills were passed and when.
So says the person who cites peoples opinions as fact
Quote:
Prove it...
The thread I pointed to did just that.. you can ignore that you credited Obama with a housing credit bill which was signed by Bush, but once again, your ignorance, isnt really important.
Quote:
You didn't bother checking the source that blog is based on did you?

True Cost of Stimulus: $3.27 Trillion | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News Blog from The Heritage Foundation

Increase in deficit from H.R. 1 as passed: 820
Total impact of H.R. 1 with extension of certain provisions: 2527
Debt service on H.R. 1 as passed with extensions: 744

The most current estimates from the CBO peg the 10 yr cost of ARRA to be $831 billion.
Wrong.. Their $831 billion cost was oly a few years out, and ignored things like interest cost. THATS ONLY SPENDING..

True Cost of Stimulus: $3.27 Trillion | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News Blog from The Heritage Foundation

Fact being that the stimulus bill is a 10 year bill, you dont get to ignore years 4-10 and pretend the costs are free without looking like a complete idiot.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Hmmm, did I say any such thing, I think not, but I see that mirrors are not allowed in your house.
He developed Obama care based opn Romneycare, you against that also, even though it is working?
Not for me, not for the lower or middle-class, not for the rich, who's income taxes have gone up?
So he does not cut taxes on corpoaration so that is bad? Oh I forgot I am replying to a pawn of theirs.
Like Ronald did? Oh wait not a blanket Amnesty like Ronald but one that would allow Illegals that have been here all their lives a clear path and opportunity to get citizenship, I like the idea, even many Repubs do so also.
Really he has arrestedand deported more than any Repub, you really should not fed on the right-wring propaganda so much without question.
War on coal? You mean regulations that make them cut back on their emissions, good to a point.
Same as the last one, I know you do not care about the environment, for the pawsn of big business no environmental concerns over-ride jobs, even if the damage is forever and trhe jobs are only temporary.
I am awake, I would suggest you take your own advice and realize that your boys are every bit to blame for the mess, denial is fine so long as you still know the real truth.
Romneycare is working? Your knowledge of that is based on what exactly? Would it be what Bill Maher or Rachel Maddow have told you? Romney was hardly a willing participant in the Mass health care reform law. He only became involved after the senate started the ball rolling. The individual mandate was the brainchild of former house speaker Sal Dimasi, who is now incarcerated for corruption. Romney then vetoed several sections of the law (including the employer assessment) only to be overridden by the deep blue legislature.

BTW....

Mass was fifth highest in the nation for health insurance premiums last time I checked.

The average wait time to see a doctor has doubled since the inception of the law.

Spending on medicaid and state subsidized health care programs accounts for nearly half of the state budget and is the highest in the country per capita.

One out of five Mass residents now have their healthcare expenses covered by the taxpayers.

Health care spending increased by over 500 million in FY 2013.

Who's income taxes have gone up? Um....just about everyone's.
CURL: Obama supporters shocked, angry at new tax increases - Washington Times

Obama unconstitutionally and illegally altered immigration laws to pander for votes. Congress rejected the Dream Act but Obama illegally did it anyway.

It Depends on What the Meaning of

Quote:
Amid the geyser of Democrat lies is one that gets little attention. It was regurgitated unquestioningly in Juan Williams’s column in the Hill today: “The Obama administration has deported more illegal immigrants in four years than President Bush did in eight years.†This is simply not true, even though PolitiFact rated a similar claim as “half-true.â€

Yeah....the War on Coal is freekin' wonderful!

Uttered in 2008, still haunting Obama in 2012 - Erica Martinson - POLITICO.com

Old 09-16-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Says the poster who just tried to blame Obama's disastrous policies on the other guys. Ahhh....the irony. I just looked in the mirror. I don't see Obama or Congress.
LOL! I never said it was all the other guys fault, that is the problem with you Cons, you see things that is not there and you do not see what is there.
Nope, you see yourself, we hope anyway, that is where you can start curing the problem and it is your job to run that show. You can start by losing your GOP membership card and begin voting based on what is best for the Nation, even if it means voting for a moderate.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Quote:
LOL! I never said it was all the other guys fault, that is the problem with you Cons, you see things that is not there and you do not see what is there.
Nope, you see yourself, we hope anyway, that is where you can start curing the problem and it is your job to run that show. You can start by losing your GOP membership card and begin voting based on what is best for the Nation, even if it means voting for a moderate.
Never said that, eh? Thanks for posting. I enjoy comedy.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:20 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:

This is you, is it not? I guess sometimes it is hard to remember what you said a few moments before.

Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas

1. Obamacare is a disaster. Now blaming it on "Romney care" is absurd. Obama and the libs had the choice of doing whatever they wanted. They designed and implemented a disasterous plan. Saying Obamacare is "based on Romney care" is like saying the "constitution" of the old USSR was based on the US constitution.

2. Obamacare and the income tax increases resulted in the largest tax increase in US history on the middle class.

3. Has Obama killed jobs?

a. record number of citizens unemployed
b. record number of citizens on foodstamps
c. incomes down 7%
d. personal savings down 40%
e. most jobs created are part time
f. record unemployment for people under 30 years of age
g. increased gas and energy prices
h. largest deficits in US history
i. debt at $17 trillion

- Yes, I would say he wrecked the economy.

4. Amnesty for illegals, when we have so many US citizens unemployed? How about when your job is replaced by an illegal? Granting citizenship to 30 million poor people is possibly one of the dumbest ideas the dems have ever come up with (and God knows there have been plenty of dumb ideas). It is the fast track to third world status.

5. War on coal and energy? Yes. Tell me................................. which "alternative" energy source-

a. solar
b. nuclear
c. wind
d. hydroelectric

do the libs fully support and is capable of providing power to our energy grid today? Have you ever heard of a place called "North Dakota"? They are doing the opposite of what Obama wants and have the lowest unemployment rate in the US. A wise man would take notice- liberals choose to ignore this fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies