Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2013, 01:23 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,460,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
B*tching about the President is fine, just so long as you understand that the House run by the Republicans and the Senate run by the Democrats are probably more to blame for the lack of fast economic recovery than the President. Always fun to watch people blame all the ills of our situation on the other guys while failing to look in the mirror and seeing the rest of the problem.
Presidents are supposed to LEAD. Other Presidents work with Congress even when there is a majority from the other party. Obama couldn't even get Democrats to pass his "jobs" bills.

Spending $16 Trillion on Stimulus that only benefitted Wall St., Unions, and Auto Companies only to yield only $1 Trillion in growth was moronic!

Unemployment decrease of just .5% in 5 years is pathetic.

Posted with TapaTalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2013, 01:28 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
Presidents are supposed to LEAD. Other Presidents work with Congress even when there is a majority from the other party. Obama couldn't even get Democrats to pass his "jobs" bills.

Spending $16 Trillion on Stimulus that only benefitted Wall St., Unions, and Auto Companies only to yield only $1 Trillion in growth was moronic!

Unemployment decrease of just .5% in 5 years is pathetic.

Posted with TapaTalk
Correct and the jobs created by the House have been what? Pssst, it is not the job of the government to create jobs, now if they were to do their job and pass a budget then jobs would be faster in being created.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:30 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,748,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
meh.

the problems i see with the economy are problems that existed prior to Obama taking office in 2009.

it's fair to criticize him for not fixing them ... but it makes little sense to claim that he caused them.

For example , one of the major ways our leaders can help the U.S. economy is to make sure that the U.S. Government continues borrowing money from the Federal Reserve. And yet, it is the Republicans who stand in the way of that. Difficult to blame Obama for employment problems when the GOP is deliberately trying to starve the public sector of dollars.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:32 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,460,564 times
Quote:
Correct and the jobs created by the House have been what? Pssst, it is not the job of the government to create jobs, now if they were to do their job and pass a budget then jobs would be faster in being created.
It's the job of the government to not discourage job creation as Obama and Democrats do.

And it's funny you say that after blaming House Republicans for opposing Obama's job creation.

Oh....and Obama hasn't passed a SINGLE budget. Not even Democrats will back any that's he's proposed.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 09-16-2013, 01:33 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,351,641 times
Quote:
I guess Obama missed that memo.

Quote:
Barack Obama says his administration has created 5 million jobs

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...has-created-5/

Old 09-16-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
meh.

the problems i see with the economy are problems that existed prior to Obama taking office in 2009.

it's fair to criticize him for not fixing them ... but it makes little sense to claim that he caused them.

For example , one of the major ways our leaders can help the U.S. economy is to make sure that the U.S. Government continues borrowing money from the Federal Reserve. And yet, it is the Republicans who stand in the way of that. Difficult to blame Obama when the GOP is deliberately trying to force our government into insolvency.
So you're saying it's Bush's fault then? That's interesting. That certainly has never been brought up when discussing Obama's policies and the actions Obama has taken in office. Obama's failed policies aren't Obama's fault. They're Bush's fault of course.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:39 PM

What I really find surreal ...

.. is how Republicans have been saying for DECADES that the way to stimulate job growth was supply-side economics. Take the pressure off corporate producers and they'll make profits, and then hire.

Well, Obama has achieved exactly that. Corporate profits, p/e ratios, and market capitalizations are all VERY high. According to Republicans, everything should be falling into place.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
What I really find surreal ...

.. is how Republicans have been saying for DECADES that the way to stimulate job growth was supply-side economics. Take the pressure off corporate producers and they'll make profits, and then hire.

Well, Obama has achieved exactly that. Corporate profits, p/e ratios, and market capitalizations are all VERY high. According to Republicans, everything should be falling into place.
So then Obama's failed policies that were created by Obama are not only Bush's fault but they're also the Republicans' fault. Thanks for clearing that up. Maybe now you'll actually comment on the topic of the OP:

How Obama's Economic Policies are a Disaster

Old 09-16-2013, 01:46 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
It's the job of the government to not discourage job creation as Obama and Democrats do.

And it's funny you say that after blaming House Republicans for opposing Obama's job creation.

Oh....and Obama hasn't passed a SINGLE budget. Not even Democrats will back any that's he's proposed.

Posted with TapaTalk
How are they discouraging it?

I never blamed the Repubs for opposing Obama's job creation, can you point to where I did? I do blame them for not coming up with any workable ideas of their own and passing those.

Correct and that does not leave the Senate or House off the hook either. Get what I am driving at YET?

Old 09-16-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
So you're saying it's Bush's fault then?
I have long felt that Bush , more than anybody, could have averted the housing bubble. Primarily the SEC's leverage rules which allowed investment banks to take on too much risk, but also in his re-appointment of Greenspan, and his decision to overrule the states in their attempts to regulate mortgage lending.

To be fair, though, he (Bush) inherited an economy that was volatile and undergoing major problems with structural unemployment.

Quote:
That's interesting. That certainly has never been brought up when discussing Obama's policies and the actions Obama has taken in office.
Well, a lot of the problems which have arisen in recent years were seeds sown decades ago. For instance, had Nixon retained the convertability of dollars to gold in the 70's, the housing crisis would likely not have occured.

Yet, that doesn't mean that Nixon caused the housing crisis; it was a patchwork of legislation (i.e., not presidents) that led us here.

Quote:
Obama's failed policies aren't Obama's fault.
Which ones? It appears to me that Obama's policies haven't been all that problematic.

I assume since you're a Republican you blame him for Iraq, Afghanistan, health care prices , the national debt, energy prices, and unemployment, but those are all problems he inherited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies