Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2013, 01:21 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,477,048 times

Advertisements

Obamacare individual mandate + subsidies = higher effective tax rate for ppl with subsides
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 06:36 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Your posts all read the same

hate
hate
hate
hate
hate
I will blow the president
hate
hate

repeat

Do you ever want to post any facts into your postings thus giving you a little bit of credibility? Dont think you ever will try.
Obama has very good students. When this Country is in the ditch, wonder if then, they will care.

Stop giving credit where credit is definitely not due, and stop blaming others for Obama's own screw ups. Obama is all about me, me, me, me me me, blame the other guy! A little old in the game, and little stale, and oh so predictible.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:58 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
What I really find surreal ...

.. is how Republicans have been saying for DECADES that the way to stimulate job growth was supply-side economics. Take the pressure off corporate producers and they'll make profits, and then hire.

Well, Obama has achieved exactly that. Corporate profits, p/e ratios, and market capitalizations are all VERY high. According to Republicans, everything should be falling into place.
You must have missed the part about supply-side economics which involves competition being required to hire..

Old 09-17-2013, 07:40 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
LOL. Barak Obama ran for president on the idea that he was better at creating jobs.
Ooops, Obama meant jobs all right but failed to tell you, he meant part time jobs.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:45 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
The poverty president is the best name I can think of. He has destroyed the middle class and blacks have suffered more under Obama than any president in history.

Old 09-18-2013, 04:53 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,713,084 times
Quote:
Wait what? LOL. seriously dude, there is one president. He has been president for 5+ years. He has a track record.
And his track records is much better than that of his predecessor. Ignoring the past doesn't add to your credibility. It detracts from it.

Quote:
Barak Obama doesnt get a pass because in your eyes, someone else "was worse".
He's not getting a pass. He's getting acknowledged for the successes he's been able to help bring about, despite maniacal obstructionism from his opponents - the first president to actually confront an opposition that publicly pledged to do whatever they had to to obstruct any improvement this president attempts to effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Someone who continually attempts to deflect from the topic at hand really shouldn't be talking about readily disposable claims.
No deflection here. You must simply be upset that you're not getting an unrebutted soapbox for your perspective. That's a big problem right-wingers have: They refuse to acknowledge that reasonable people disagree with them.

A lot.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:02 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,351,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
And his track records is much better than that of his predecessor. Ignoring the past doesn't add to your credibility. It detracts from it.

He's not getting a pass. He's getting acknowledged for the successes he's been able to help bring about, despite maniacal obstructionism from his opponents - the first president to actually confront an opposition that publicly pledged to do whatever they had to to obstruct any improvement this president attempts to effect.

No deflection here. You must simply be upset that you're not getting an unrebutted soapbox for your perspective. That's a big problem right-wingers have: They refuse to acknowledge that reasonable people disagree with them.

A lot.

Quote:
And his track records is much better than that of his predecessor.

Someone who just posted this ^^ says they're not deflecting? Once again:

Liberal/Obama Supporter Auto Response Protocol™

1. The source isn't valid
2. That's racist
3. GOP obstruction
4. But...but...but George W. Bush
5. Haters gonna hate
6. Sour grapes- your guy lost
7. Repeat 1,2,3,4,5 and/or 6 as needed then insult the opposition for failing to support this great man, declare victory, and move on

Numbers 3 and 4 this time. The topic is Obama's economic policies and it's But...but...but George W. Bush. So what exactly has been obstructed that would have benefitted the nation had it passed? The big problem is the LWNJ's who refuse to admit that their emperor has no clothes.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post

A lot.
What a wonderful sign of success,

Census on Obama

Census on Obama’s 1st Term: Real Median Income Down $2,627; People in Poverty Up 6,667,000; Record 46,496,000 Now Poor -

Which has me wondering what the hell you're smoking because for median incomes to fall, lower than what they were at the bottom of the recession, is one hell of an accomplishment.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:35 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
I read the "article." It is nothing but a film-flam hit piece. It rails against the stimulus bill, which the CBO and private economies conclude worked. It also rails against trillions in unfunded liabilities, which are mainly state liabilities and has nothing to do with Obama policies. Moreover, that's been a problem for decades.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I read the "article." It is nothing but a film-flam hit piece. It rails against the stimulus bill, which the CBO and private economies conclude worked. It also rails against trillions in unfunded liabilities, which are mainly state liabilities and has nothing to do with Obama policies. Moreover, that's been a problem for decades.
What article, because the one I posted right before your posting, doesnt mention the stimulus, nor unfunded liabilities (which are in no way state liabilities, where the hell did you get that crackpot theory)

How do you dispute the facts that once again

Census on Obama’s 1st Term: Real Median Income Down $2,627; People in Poverty Up 6,667,000; Record 46,496,000 Now Poor -
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/tere...people-poverty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies