Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2013, 06:08 AM

30,075 posts, read 18,682,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
a. The House was not trying to cut taxes they wanted to retain the tax cuts for the rich, BIG difference. My taxes have not gone up.
b. Has nothing to do with jobs, if anything Obamacare will create more jobs.
c. They oppose cola exporation, please provide proof. Drilling on Federal wildlife areas can wait, there are plenty of other areas to drill before we are stuke with that.
d. I did not support raising taxes on small business, got a link?
e. Yes by all means get rid of regulations that allow wanton polluting of the environment in the name of a few jobs and more profits for big business, jeeez do you righties ever realize you are being played?
Of-course they were rejected they were so partisan in Nature they knew they would not pass, it is called pander to you righties to say they did their part while knowing that nothing would get done.
Sure, pass a rational budget and get out of the way, that is gonna happen when?
Strange when righties have nothing more to add to a discussion they start saying others say things they did not say, pssst is it posting Lies in the hopes that someone will believe it, rational minds know how to read the words people post and figure out who is not being truthful.

I guess this is why libs think the way they do- they just don't know exactly the impact of the things they promote! I guess you didn't know that most US businesses are classified as "S" corps for taxation. Thus taxes on small business are the same as "those making over $200K per year"!

1. Obama has KILLED small business with tax increases.

Five Things You Might Not Know About Obama's Small Business Tax Hikes

1. Two-thirds of small business profits are earned in households making more than $250,000 per year—the very households Obama is shouting from the rooftops that he will raise taxes on (Source: IRS Statistics of Income Bulletin*). Small business profits are used to create jobs and invest in America. This is the answer to the Obama campaign’s irrelevant claim that the number of small businesses affected will be small—the fact is that the bulk of profits will face a tax hike.
2. Small businesses pay income taxes at the household level. This means that the Obama plan to raise tax rates is a direct tax hike on small businesses—sole proprietorships, partnerships, S-corporations, and family farms
3. The tax rate on the lion’s share of small business income could reach 54.9 percent under a President Obama (the individual top rate will climb from 35 percent to 39.6 percent and the Social Security/Medicare tax rate could climb from 2.9 percent to 15.3 percent. Put those together, and you get 54.9 percent) (Source: www.barackobama.com
4. This 54.9 percent tax rate would be the highest since the Carter Administration, when America suffered through double-digit inflation and unemployment (Source: Congressional Budget Office)
5. America’s 26 million small businesses employers give a paycheck to 116 million employees (Source: Census Bureau). When small business taxes go up, millions of these employees will be at risk of being laid off.“Obama’s tax increases will only affect you if you have a 401(k), have any savings, buy things from small businesses or are looking for a job,” said Grover Norquist, president of Americans for Tax Reform. “If you fall into one of these categories, his policies will *********. Otherwise, you’re fine.”
* “Small business profits” is equal to the net profits less net losses of sole proprietors, S-corporation shareholders, and partners. According to the IRS, two-thirds of these small business profits are earned in households with adjusted gross income (AGI) equal to or greater than $200,000. In 2006, $473 billion of the $706 billion (two-thirds) of small business profits was earned in households Obama has said he would raise tax rates on.

2. Obamacare reduces job growth. Do you actually believe that raising the cost of doing business IMPROVES job growth? Keep in mind the premise libs suggest that adding 50 million patients to healthcare roles will increase healthcare employment. Really? How many of us are going to accept the Medicaid rates for Obamacare patients? ZERO.
http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/228335

Last edited by hawkeye2009; 09-17-2013 at 06:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 06:22 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,399,574 times
Obama has only raised taxes on households making more than $400,000 a year (or there abouts, I can't be bothered to look at exact figure off the top of my head). There aren't any new tax increases on the horizon, so claiming he's going to raise people's taxes is just a red herring at this point.

As far as massive layoffs due to Obama, didn't we hear the same crap after he won re-election? Right wingers love to threaten people when they don't get their way, but they rarely follow through because they know the results would be much more disastrous.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:24 AM

30,075 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Obama has only raised taxes on households making more than $400,000 a year (or there abouts, I can't be bothered to look at exact figure off the top of my head). There aren't any new tax increases on the horizon, so claiming he's going to raise people's taxes is just a red herring at this point.

As far as massive layoffs due to Obama, didn't we hear the same crap after he won re-election? Right wingers love to threaten people when they don't get their way, but they rarely follow through because they know the results would be much more disastrous.
Oh really?

ObamaCare's 7 Tax Hikes On Under $250,000-A-Year Earners - Forbes

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybens...tions-n1692356

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/...0m-under-obama

Facts are terrible things to liberals, as it refutes their blind loyalty to party dogma. No wonder Obama was re-elected.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:27 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,399,574 times
Most of those won't affect the majority of Americans. And some of those like the tanning tax have been in effect for quite a while already.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:29 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,351,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I don't wonder why you've come into the thread and tried to deflect from the topic. It's funny you mention this though since the Dems took over Congress in 2007......

Old 09-17-2013, 06:30 AM

Quote:
a. The House was not trying to cut taxes they wanted to retain the tax cuts for the rich, BIG difference. My taxes have not gone up.
b. Has nothing to do with jobs, if anything Obamacare will create more jobs.
c. They oppose cola exporation, please provide proof. Drilling on Federal wildlife areas can wait, there are plenty of other areas to drill before we are stuke with that.
d. I did not support raising taxes on small business, got a link?
e. Yes by all means get rid of regulations that allow wanton polluting of the environment in the name of a few jobs and more profits for big business, jeeez do you righties ever realize you are being played?
Of-course they were rejected they were so partisan in Nature they knew they would not pass, it is called pander to you righties to say they did their part while knowing that nothing would get done.
Sure, pass a rational budget and get out of the way, that is gonna happen when?
Strange when righties have nothing more to add to a discussion they start saying others say things they did not say, pssst is it posting Lies in the hopes that someone will believe it, rational minds know how to read the words people post and figure out who is not being truthful.
I stopped reading after I saw "Obamacare will create more jobs".

Old 09-17-2013, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
You wanted to know "How his economic policies are a disaster."

I'm addressing that. His economic policies haven't been a disaster.

I read the OP. It says:

Hope & Change, folks! How's it looking now?

If you post a link on P&OC without commentary, I'm probably not going to read it, and I'm not going to apologize for that.
First you say this:

Quote:
If you post a link on P&OC without commentary, I'm probably not going to read it, and I'm not going to apologize for that.
Then you say this without any proof, data, or commentary to back up your position.

Quote:
His economic policies haven't been a disaster.

So it's true because you say so? Thanks for the comic relief.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post

You can't be bothered to look for the exact figure or any proof to back it up because what you posted is a lie.

Dear America: Your Higher Payroll Taxes Are Not The Result Of A Tax Increase - Forbes

You did hear the same truths after he won reelection. We can't help it if you have some aversion to hearing the truth.

Will Obamacare Hurt Jobs? It's Already Happening, Poll Finds

Old 09-17-2013, 08:30 AM

2,040 posts, read 2,460,564 times
Quote:
now if they were to do their job and pass a budget then jobs would be faster in being created.
Not even Democrats would vote for Obama's proposed budgets.

And Republicans did propose their own.

Axelrod said he doesn't know what's in it, but just that it stinks.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 09-17-2013, 08:52 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,392,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Wow if this is the review they give President Obama, it begs the question if they were honest and honorable in their assessment of things when a Republican was in the White House. Given that it is a RWNJ blog, I suspect not.
honestly what they said about other presidents doesnt matter one bit.

what matters is, are they accurate?

consider this:
Quote:
The United States has enjoyed a 5.2% unemployment rate historically, while under Obama it has averaged approximately 8%. GDP growth averages roughly 3.2% in the post-war period, and we have seen GDP growth at 0.8% over the last four years, which is less than half the worst rate of any other president in the last sixty years.
If this is true, then there is absoluly zero way anyone can suggest that Barak Obama has been a successful president as it relates to the economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies