Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 07:12 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,713,084 times

Advertisements

That's the point: Right-wing maniacal fixation on getting their own way regardless of how that corrupts the intention of our American system ensures that no one can "LEAD" in the manner you're alluding to: Right-wingers, when they're given power for a while, insist on trying to rule, rather than lead, and Democrats trying to lead, are confronted with Congressional leaders of the opposition that say, "It doesn’t matter what the hell you do, we ain’t going to help you. We’re going to stand on the sidelines and *****." [The vulgarity was in the quote.] The Republican leadership has changed from a participant in government to an emotionally-crippled miscreant, which fixates on one and only one thought, "For the next two years, we can’t let anything succeed: That’s our ticket to getting power."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 07:14 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
Of COURSE!

Obama is the ONLY President to meet resistance in Congress!

The man can't LEAD. That much is abundantly obvious. He can't even get Democrats to pass his budgets or jobs bills. Wake up!

Posted with TapaTalk
Perhaps I should FTP you some No Dose.

Quote:
Republicans in Senate blocks new Obama jobs bill - The Hill's Floor Action

Quote:
For the second time in two weeks, Senate Republicans voted in unison to block “jobs” legislation, which the Obama administration and Senate Democratic leaders have made central to their agenda.
The issue isn't Obama's inability to lead. It's that Obama is faced with an unprecedented Republican opposition that is opposed to governing. That's why this Congress has the lowest accomplishment record in history.

Old 09-18-2013, 07:31 AM

2,040 posts, read 2,460,564 times
Would you like me to post links to Democrats not passing his budgets and jobs bills?

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 09-18-2013, 07:44 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
Would you like me to post links to Democrats not passing his budgets and jobs bills?

Posted with TapaTalk
Senate Democrats contend a budget is unnecessary this year because Democrats and Republicans wrote spending caps for the year into law as part of the debt ceiling deal. As such, they rejected all budget votes.

Old 09-18-2013, 07:47 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Is everything about you?

I was referring to the OP's lead article: The Poverty President: How Obama's Economic Policies are a Disaster | Independent Journal Review

Right from that article: That article is nothing but hashed over and discredited memes collected through the years.

The article repeats the meme that the President promised unemployment would drop to 5% if the stimulus was passed. It's a big stretch to call an economic projection a "promise." The administration never characterized it that way and included plenty of disclaimers saying the predictions had "significant margins of error" and a higher degree of uncertainty due to a recession that is "unusual both in its fundamental causes and its severity.
So what you're saying is its ok to make projections that are completely wrong, and/or lie about outcome of policies that are failures, provided of course you put a footnote saying that you might be wrong?

Old 09-18-2013, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Again, median income peaked in 1999 and foods stamps usage has been increasing since 2000. Obama played a role in easing requirements in 2009, but to blame him for things that occurred before he was a senator is pure partisan drivel. I don't have drill down data for median income, but it would be interesting to see. The median income for Univ. of Chicago grads is about $115,000 and my field is about $150,000, so education does indeed play a role.

Now, the reason I would like to see the drill down data for incomes is because Pew Research published a report some time ago that basically said as Hispanics become a majority the median income will decline due to low education achievements. I think it is a bit early for demographics to put any downward pressure on median incomes, but without detailed data I can't say that it isn't.
If the economy is improving, and people are finding jobs, then wouldnt the food stamps and poverty be going down?

Old 09-18-2013, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
He has seen more obstruction than other Presidents have. Congress is dysfunctionally gridlocked.
Congress is supposed to be gridlocked,

but I do note how its histerical that the same left wing tools stand here and shout about how successful Obamas policies are on positive threads, and then switch to, Obamas policies havent been implimented and everything is gridlocked on negative threads.

A bunch of tools. Worse part is, you guys arent even embarassed over it.

Old 09-18-2013, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Perhaps I should FTP you some No Dose.

The issue isn't Obama's inability to lead. It's that Obama is faced with an unprecedented Republican opposition that is opposed to governing. That's why this Congress has the lowest accomplishment record in history.
Oh please, you're one of the first to jump up and down and proclaim Obamas policies are a success and working..

Old 09-18-2013, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Senate Democrats contend a budget is unnecessary this year because Democrats and Republicans wrote spending caps for the year into law as part of the debt ceiling deal. As such, they rejected all budget votes.
The law indicate Senate Democrats are idiots since it demands a budget..

Old 09-18-2013, 07:53 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
No idea what the "Independent Journal Review" is, but the economy is getting better and neo-cons are futilely whining like a bunch of petulant children. Gotta love it.
So, rather than attack the source, why don't you refute the facts. What fact do you not agree with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies