Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 02:05 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,779,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
And if you're a vegetarian, what's the point of a firearm? There is none. I agree about cars as well, not a necessity. I have a car & hardly ever use it. I use my two legs or the transit system.
And if you're a gay man, what's the point of your sperm?

Vegetarians have absolutely no reason to own a firearm because they don't hunt and eat what they kill. I'll be sure to alert my sister (vegetarian-and CHL holder) of this astute observation, courtesy of the left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 02:09 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Quote:
And if you're a vegetarian, what's the point of a firearm? There is none. I agree about cars as well, not a necessity. I have a car & hardly ever use it. I use my two legs or the transit system.
I have guns and I don't eat meat. I do have a cottage up in the bush. I need them. Bears and wolves, you know, not to mention people off their rockers looking for trouble.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:09 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,169,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
And if you're a gay man, what's the point of your sperm?

Vegetarians have absolutely no reason to own a firearm because they don't hunt and eat what they kill. I'll be sure to alert my sister (vegetarian-and CHL holder) of this astute observation, courtesy of the left.
Be sure you tell her that I was simply using your very own "logic" against you.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:13 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Nope, and nobody will. Thee will be no extended background checks because nothing will get past the House. But people will knee jerk all over the place, make speeches, and sooner or later Ted Nugent will say something completely ignorant.

SSDD.

I'll bet on sooner.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:15 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I'm trying to connect automobiles and guns in this theory. I mean an automobile is a necessity of life for 99% of US citizens.

A gun is a necessity for 1% at the most.
Maybe you're trying too hard to connect them, because it's just an analogy. Some folks who don't have a good grasp of firearms might know a little about automobiles.

Maybe not, though...

Old 09-17-2013, 02:19 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Most of the country doesn't have the transit options that you have. I don't like it, but I have to own 3 cars. It's the way this city is set up, not my choice.

On the other hand I wouldn't trade my 4000 sq ft house and big yard for a city condo either.

Cars are a necessity for most of America. The world doesn't revolve around you.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:19 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
paranoia is a symptom of mental disease. Should these people (our paranoid gun nut posters) be playing with guns? I think not.
This right here is why there should be no non-adjudicated mental illness exemptions from our 2nd Amendment rights.

Now, Magoo was just being him/her bloviating self, but what he/she wrote crystallizes the problem with that approach to separating the mentally ill from firearms. "Mental illness" is a subjective diagnosis. There is no scientific test with a definitive positive or negative result which can be used to determine whether or not someone is a risk to themselves or others. Lacking such a definitive test, I absolutely WILL NOT subject my rights and yours to the whim of a doctor, a group that is by and large against firearms ownership by private citizens.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:20 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
Sure, apartment complexes are privately owned businesses, they should be allowed to make their own rules, no? If you don't like it, don't live there.

There are all sorts of laws against abusing children, laws being proposed to not force them to inhale tobacco smoke falls under that category.
i have no problem with private companies setting their own rules, but the reason they can set their own rules like that is because the government has given them that ability by passing laws that allow such rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Esspecially since no one has knocked at the shooters neighbor's doors to confiscate their guns.
Quote:
Nope, and nobody will. Thee will be no extended background checks because nothing will get past the House. But people will knee jerk all over the place, make speeches, and sooner or later Ted Nugent will say something completely ignorant.

SSDD.
again you guys are not looking to the future, only the here and now, and you are blinded by the fact that we have the second amendment and a variety of scotus decisions that uphold the rights of citizens to keep and bear arms. however it may not always be that way in the future. all that needs to happen is a president like obama to pack scotus with a bunch of anti gun types that have their own interpretation of the second amendment, and our gun rights can be severely restricted or even taken away.

remember that eternal vigilance is the price of freedom, and we need to ALWAYS guard against those that would take away our freedoms.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:22 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,779,636 times
Quote:

SSDD.

Because some of us would actually like to do something that has a chance in hell of preventing these terrible events. Not a quick 'feel good' law that will have little, if any effect. These idiots will stand around patting themselves on their own back, then have the nerve to be incensed when criminals obtain weapons illegally.

For instance, Alexis didn't have anything on his record that would have prevented him from buying a AR-15, because when he did shoot a car up in the past, he was never charged because the paperwork was 'lost' and he was never prosecuted for it.

So your precious extended background checks would be worth absolutely nothing, except some lame back patting by the anti gun group. Never have I seen a group so unfocused on real results, and so hyper focused on feel good legislation.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:25 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,169,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Most of the country doesn't have the transit options that you have. I don't like it, but I have to own 3 cars. It's the way this city is set up, not my choice.

On the other hand I wouldn't trade my 4000 sq ft house and big yard for a city condo either.

Cars are a necessity for most of America. The world doesn't revolve around you.
Did I say it does? Please point out where I said the world revolves around me. I was responding to a couple of previous posts in case you didn't notice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies