Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2013, 07:32 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,886,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Monday is the day the DoD/Pentagon starts preparing their payroll for their 15th paychecks.
So we'll see what happens.
That will be interesting.

Old 10-05-2013, 07:33 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,825,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
Even if that were the case, they can declare a victory and promote that rather than furthering the party debacle that they are into right now......... much easier to say "we won."
this is why the GOP will not win in 2016. They keep following this money, and its ostracizing the sane moderates who would otherwise be supporting the GOP establishment. its gonna cause problems in the primaries, again, and the moderate candidate who gets the nomination will have to move way right, again, and be seen as not genuine by the undecideds.

Mark my words, Christie will get the nod, then he'll try to rally the base by claimi by he's always hated Obama, unions, abortions, and gays, and the marginal amount of moderates he needs to win the national election will go "wait what? thats not what you said 6 months ago, I'm voting for Hillary."

Old 10-05-2013, 07:33 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,078,433 times
Good Walker! Now, there is a leader. What trash we have in the Senate majority and the White House. We ought to drape the White House in mourning bunting. I'd pay my 'fair' share of the cost.

Old 10-05-2013, 07:34 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,957,148 times
How can a sitting two term President not be qualified to be President?

You have confused qualifing and performance. You like to argue the latter, but still remain confused of the first.

Old 10-05-2013, 07:35 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,348,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
And he grins so big when he says it like he thinks he has said something worth listening to. I had to turn him off; he was causing nausea.
When I hear this dumb bunny speak, I want to throw something at the TV. How could our fellow citizens have done this to us? Did they check their brains before entering the voting booth?

45,706 posts, read 27,317,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Do you see the part I bolded in black? Now you know why the state of Wisconsin will be keeping the parks open.

But don't let that stop you from trying to put a spin on the story. If the park were 100% federally funded, Wisconsin troll lawmakers would be singing a different tune.
You know - you pretty much said absolutely nothing of substance here. Yes - the state puts in money so they have control. Yes if the government paid in 100%, THEY would have control.

There is no spin here. I'm sure a Dem governor would have complied with the feds even though most of the funding was from the state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Given that, why did the federal government order the parks closed? Answer: to terrorize and manipulate the gullible public.
Why? Because they put funding into the park. You know how the feds work... if they put any money into some endeavor, they think they own it, and control it. And in the end, you are correct in their motives.

I am sure the administration of "1-800-318-2596" will be vindictive enough the remove all funding from their parks at some point. They will get them back somewhere along the line.

2,827 posts, read 4,348,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I would ask the National Park Rangers, "If the national parks are closed, why are you essential?"
I'm glad that at least you wouldn't grandstand and go up to a Park Ranger, get in their face, and start projecting why the park closures was all their fault.

Old 10-05-2013, 07:36 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,892,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
Even if that were the case, they can declare a victory and promote that rather than furthering the party debacle that they are into right now......... much easier to say "we won."
Really? You think that's how the media will play it?

Old 10-05-2013, 07:37 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,348,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
How can a sitting two term President not be qualified to be President?

You have confused qualifing and performance. You like to argue the latter, but still remain confused of the first.
I stand corrected. But I thought intelligence was a given (in terms of qualification). Perhaps it's not.

Old 10-05-2013, 07:37 AM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,667,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Win for dumbest thread of the day (it's early yet though) - title included.

Whilst you folks are busy licking the boots of the guy that can read GREEN EGGS AND HAM and not even comprehend the moral of that particular story.
I don't want to shock you too much but some of us are capable of thinking for ourselves. I don't lick anybody's boots and I certainly know enough to recognize hype when I see it. Some people never say anything else but hype because they are incapable of logical thought. When you have no management and no solution; just figure out how to blame it on someone else. In this case, tell everyone the Republicans did it.

The way I see it the Republicans are the only working part of D. C.

Correction: The Republicans are the only working people in America.

Are you a Republican or the other 47%. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies