Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2013, 09:41 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk
Taxes NEVER improve the economy. NEVER.
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That is a stupid statement. Unless you think a tax free country would somehow function on magic dust and unicorns.
As long as they are not taxing you right. Taxes only take money out of the economy and funnel it to the government. The government wastes that money and throws people bones. Do you really expect the government to make you rich?

Taxes make you poor FACT. You poor people need to take a few lessons from the rich.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:41 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,971,219 times
Quote:
Yeah, whatever. If you want to ignore history and facts because they don't fit you talking points, then I am done arguing with you about this. Let me know when you wish to acknowledge history and facts.
I ignore nothing.

You're ignoring the part where "legal precedent" is used as a crutch to allow utterly absurd nonsense to go on simply because the legal eagles can create a series of arguments where left eventually becomes right, up eventually becomes down.

There was a REASON that the Constitution was written in plain language and did NOT delegate its meaning to anyone to interpret for it. It was meant for the people to read, understand, and then to recognize when the politicians got outside of it and take corrective action, not be subject to the whims of men in robes.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:
A corporation is taxed as a business, not a person. There is a huge difference between those two. Sorry you can't see that difference.
Do you own a business? Of course not and if you do you run a sole proprietorship. Funny how people who don't own businesses think they know everything. Everyone, if you run a business forget the CPA's hire a poor person because they have no experience nor do they know the tax law, that will be sure to get your ass thrown in jail.

You should look up S-corps also known as Flow Through Entities .

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-14-2013 at 02:56 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 10-14-2013, 09:42 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Ok, show me how taxes improve an economy.

Come on. I'm waiting.
Firefighters and police. They provide safety to protect the investments being made. Highways provide routes for good to be shipped. Military to protect the borders and ensure a stable economy. Taxes used to reinvest into economic growth and technology. You seem to forget all the direct and indirect things taxes benefit when it comes to our economy.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:45 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I asked before do you own a business? You should look up S-corps also known as Flow Through Entities before you embarrass yourself.
I am an independent contractor. A corporation is a business not a person.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:48 AM

229 posts, read 163,787 times
Quote:

As an IC, it would behove all involved, if your business was an LLC or an S-corp

Old 10-14-2013, 09:51 AM

Quote:
aaah, an independent contractor, someone who does the job so companies don't have to hire employees.

Independent contractors do not have income taxes withheld from their pay as regular employees do. So as an independent contractor are you a sole proprietor, an S-corp, or don't companies that outsource their work to you have to report what they pay you on a 1099 because you stay under the $600 threshold?

Or don't you report the money to the IRS?

Old 10-14-2013, 10:01 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,787,000 times
Taxes must originate in the House. That's one of the founding principles of the country.

And it is no accident.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:03 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,787,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
To spend or not spend is for the House to decide. To fund or not to fund ObamaCare is their "right to choose," and based on the enormous cost and the amount of waste involved in ObamaCare, and our current debt, not funding it would reassert the fiscal function they were entrusted with.

Benjamin Franklin would be proud of Republican efforts to defund ObamaCare.

The "Great Compromise."
Certainly true.

The people who wrote and ratified the Constitution, had had it up to here with taxes being imposed from the lofty heights of government where no one could argue with them, no one could have any real voice in what taxes got imposed.

So they specifically wrote the Constitution so that the house of govt closest to the people, would be the one responsible for designing our taxes. And made sure that, whatever taxes got imposed, an election was never too far away in the future. And all seats of the House that came up with the ideas for taxes, would have to face the voters. Every time.

The Framers set it up so that the people most likely to get booted out for imposing taxes the people didn't like, would have pre-emptive power to NOT impose those taxes.

Spending programs could be originated by either house (Senate or House of Representatives). But taxes to pay for them, had to be originated by the House.

And that was so the House could refuse to raise taxes DESPITE a spending program being approved by both House and Senate.

Read 'em and weep, Demmies.

As you keep insisting, that's the law of the land, and you're wasting your time trying to get it changed.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Now I never said that a corporation is a person (stop putting words in my mouth) but if you report your revenues / profits to the government most people need to got to a CPA to decode the tax law.

S corporations are corporations that elect to pass corporate income, losses, deductions and credit through to their shareholders for federal tax purposes. Shareholders of S corporations report the flow-through of income and losses on their personal tax returns and are assessed tax at their individual income tax rates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies