Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 09:21 PM

21,480 posts, read 10,582,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
Obama said, "If you like your insurance, you can keep it. Period." Where in that does it say only good insurance plans can be kept?

I understood the context of the words differently.

This was not a hard promise to keep, yet he didn't even try and went completely the other way.

I think it's a harder promise to keep than you might imagine. He should have known that. He should never have made it.

I don't think it's plausible that his key advisors knew of the IRS investigation but he only found out about it in the newspapers like everyone else. I don't think it's plausible that he was unaware of the NSA spying apparatus. I do not think it's plausible that he thought the video was the provocation for the Benghazi attack. However, I do think it's plausible he didn't know about Fast & Furious until after the fact.

IRS--plausible; NSA--not plausible; Fast & Furious--plausible, I guess; Benghazi--plausible, in fact, for weeks after the attack, the CIA still believed it was because of the video according to Murphy and Webbs, the authors of Benghazi: The Definitive Report, there's no reason the President wouldn't have deferred to their opinion during that time.

True, but many GOP supporters did not support Bush, especially at the end of his presidency. Also, Bush didn't get a media pass like Obama has. Obama lied about being able to keep insurance plans we like, NBC reported of a three-year old memo that showed Obama knew it was a lie when he said it, and the New York Times said he misspoke. They're part of the reason Obama feels safe lying, because many in the press will cover for him.

Your first point would be a little hard to substantiate and this entire media pass thing gets old. I don't think the media is tough enough on Republicans or Democrats. If the media had been tough on Bush, he wouldn't have gotten his invasion of Iraq in 2003, he wouldn't have won in 2004 and he probably wouldn't have even gotten the nomination in 2000. You can't turn around and argue that the media was too impotent to destroy Bush but then say it's somehow powerful when covering up for Obama. If the media's powerful and biased against you, they should have torpedoed Bush and the GOP should pretty much be finished, but those things didn't happen. If they're not powerful and biased against you, covering up for Obama shouldn't be a major issue because it doesn't do much to help him.
I also didn't believe him at the time he said we could keep our plans, but instead of saying the context was something else I just called it what it was - bulls***.

Transparency isn't that hard of a promise to keep. He said he would have the most open, transparent administration ever, but he's actually less transparent than his predecessors. The Washington Post even noted it in this article: Where’s the transparency that Obama promised? - The Washington Post.

Quote:

But the reality has not matched the president’s rhetoric. We, presidents of two of the nation’s largest journalism organizations, and many of our thousands of members, have found little openness since Obama took office. If anything, the administration has gone in the opposite direction: imposing restrictions on reporters’ newsgathering that exceed even the constraints put in place by President George W. Bush.

-----

 In more than a third of requests made for public records last year, the administration failed to provide any information at all, the Associated Press reported. Despite an increase in requests, the Obama administration is releasing fewer records under the Freedom of Information Act than the Bush administration did. And when a response is provided, it often is incomplete or comes years later. The AP noted ironically that the Obama administration even censored 194 pages of internal e-mails about its Open Government Directive.

We will never agree on most things apparently, but how could you say that it was plausible that Obama knew nothing of the IRS targeting until he read it in the papers when his very own staffers were told about the investigation? You mean to tell me that you find it plausible that his close staff would keep that nugget of information from him in the midst of a presidential campaign? Do you also believe in the Tooth Fairy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 09:41 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
I don't get it. Obama has blatantly lied to the American people with this insurance thing. On top of that he has broken a number of election year promises about transparency. He has played ignorant to tons of abuses of power in his administration. He hasn't closed Guantanamo. He hasn't delivered on the robust recovery that campaigned on. He is still using drones to blow up people in Pakistan and other third world hellholes.

I get it that he is, in theory, ideologically in line with you but practically the man is just another Washington plutocrat playing the game to save himself.

I have never defended the presidency of George W Bush because I believe that he is the antithesis of what a GOP member should be. Further Bush campaigned on nonintervention and broke that promise and a host of other things. I do not, nor will not defend his presidency and I'm a lifelong republican.

So I ask you...why defend this man when he has so clearly governed in a manner inconsistent with his campaign promises?
They hate the right (and themselves) more than they love their own children.
Anything to upset the repubs

Old 11-04-2013, 09:48 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Oh, don't do that or her head will explode and then she'll call you a racist.

Every thread I read where you have posted has to do with race. Why is that when the thread isn't even about that. How do you justify democrats calling the race card when that's exactly what you have been doing here. You can't seem to post without mentioning race

Old 11-04-2013, 11:56 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

And most of us can, and i am one who does have my tapes of Obama from 2008-09 and yes i can go on and on and show him the fool he really is.

For one main reason Ignorance, is plain and simple, they can call it what they like, i prefer truth.

And the fudgin Hypocrisy they turn it the hell around. What once was taboo, is the new law if done by Obama. But how one can continue on a daily basis to defend a deceitful liar, is not comprehenseable. It is recklessley ugly at turning a lie, into something acceptable, and that is not acceptable to me.

He is the most arrogant spiteful, damning liar ever. And this is not ok for someone running this Country. He really takes us all for being fools, do not put those of us with a damn brain, into the catergory of the ingorance.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:11 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,738,233 times
There aren't that many liberals actually on this forum. Mostly it's stupid conservatives with a few smart ones like myself around. The former just whine about every little thing even though they'd say that every decision Obama made was perfect if he had an R after his name. The few smart conservatives here tend to point out the stupidity of all of that.

The few liberals on here do the same as the partisan, idiot right wingers do. The OP should be able to answer his own question.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:43 AM

525 posts, read 508,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surftown831 View Post
I read it but I don't believe it. You may not be now, but from 2000-2010 you were weren't you? And now you've become Captain Hindsight?
I supported Bush until 03. I support the tax cuts and some of his other legislation but I really lost respect after the wars were waged, and it went downhill from there. When taxes are cut to the degree that Bush did, spending cuts have to be made to correpond to their size to maintain responsible balance sheets...Bush didnt do this.

Also, I'm a conservative but I'm not a foreign policy hawk and I certainly don't believe in pre-emptive war waging. So again...I support Bush until 03. Post 2003, not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies