Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 01:07 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times

Advertisements

Centrists and left leaning Centrists support Obama. The Liberal left and the aforementioned are in joint revulsion of what the Repub Center and Center right leaners have allowed the RW nuts do to the GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 01:10 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surftown831
You try to point out logical fallacies of liberals but what you're completely blind to, or purposely denying, are the logical fallacies and hyocritical statements you and other conservatives in this forum are making about Obama voters. Now I agree, we should be able to discuss Obama's policies without always referencing Bush, but here is where it gets illogical:

It is illogical for a conservative to say "you shouldnt still support Obama because of his blunders" if that conservative supported Bush during his second term despite Bush's blunders. There's no way to get around it. That is a completely illogical thing to say.

It is illogical for a conservative to say "you should regret your vote for Obama because of failures to fulfill his campaign promises" when that conservative doesn't regret their vote for Bush because of failures to fulfill his campaign promises. You have no logical or valid argument under that presumption. Until you can come to terms with that and say "yes, I regret voting for Bush" you have no valid, logical, or convincing argument.

It's like an old German Nazi criticizing a Serbian for supporting Milosevic.
hmm, I didn't support Bush

Old 11-03-2013, 01:11 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,522,129 times
God, I love the ignore feature on this site!

And Matt Walsh posted a brilliant piece on the Cult of Obama. The cultists here will never, ever see themselves in it.

There was never a "cult" of Bush. This is a dem thing with leftist pols going back to Roosevelt in the 30's.

Old 11-03-2013, 01:20 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,379,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
hmm, I didn't support Bush
You didn't originally post the article I was responding to either. A Bush supporter did, hence, my response was an article about Bush supporters. It is perfectly relevant. It is illogical for that Bush supporter to say "you should support Obama because of his failures" when he/her himself supported Bush despite his failures and still doesn't regret that vote today. It is completely illogical.

Old 11-03-2013, 01:23 PM

2,504 posts, read 3,407,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
What the hell, and there is the diversion tactic. We are freaking talking about Obama. Can you stay on track for once.

The article is an excellent article.

A message of hope to Obama cultists | The Matt Walsh Blog
Thank you for the link, petch751. Wish more citizens would cultivate a rational, thinking perspective instead of blindly accepting the political spin of their preferred party as truth.

Old 11-03-2013, 01:26 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,570 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
Obama in practice is effectively the anti-Obama of his campaigns yet you people support his whims and lies blindly because he is "on your side." He isn't transparent, he lies, and he plays dumb...what is respectable about him?

I'm a republican and I don't, nor didn't ever defend the presidency of bush beyond 2003. I dislike the majority of the republicans that would be the presumptive nominees with exception to a few. I don't support "my team" blindly and I expect others not to either. So, following that...I simply don't understand how someone that professes to support what Obama campaigned on...could ever support Obama in practice.
What exactly are you basing that on ?

Old 11-03-2013, 01:28 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,570 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post
Thank you for the link, petch751. Wish more citizens would cultivate a rational, thinking perspective instead of blindly accepting the political spin of their preferred party as truth.
Anyone who calls others cultist simply because they disagree with them are just as partisan as they claim the people they are talking about are.

Old 11-03-2013, 01:30 PM

525 posts, read 508,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surftown831 View Post
You didn't originally post the article I was responding to either. A Bush supporter did, hence, my response was an article about Bush supporters. It is perfectly relevant. It is illogical for that Bush supporter to say "you should support Obama because of his failures" when he/her himself supported Bush despite his failures and still doesn't regret that vote today. It is completely illogical.
You clearly didn't read the op...I posted this thread and I said that I am NOT a Bush supporter.

Old 11-03-2013, 01:31 PM

525 posts, read 508,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
What exactly are you basing that on ?
His presidency.

Old 11-03-2013, 01:35 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post
Does anyone else see the irony in this statement - especially the poster that is being thanked for the link.

IF there is more partisan poster on this forum; I have yet to see it.

Wallow in your own blindness conservatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies