Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 09:33 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,141,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I you don't agree with Obama? That's racist! It was the democratic go to defense if anyone disagreed with Obama.
If you disagree with his economic policy, the HCA, or other policies, no, that's not racist.

If you think he's "uppity", from Kenya, or secretly Muslim, that IS racist.

See how that works? Which category are you in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 09:33 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

"Mark my words, no new taxes'!
Because of the lie he served "one" term.

Bush Sr term: In office: January 20, 1989 – January 20, 1993

Obama's no new taxes lie... "If you like your insurance you get to keep your insurance". Can we boot Obama out because he lied like we did with Bush?

Last edited by petch751; 11-03-2013 at 09:53 AM..

Old 11-03-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
If you disagree with his economic policy, the HCA, or other policies, no, that's not racist.

If you think he's "uppity", from Kenya, or secretly Muslim, that IS racist.

See how that works? Which category are you in?
I don't agree with Obamas policies yet anyone like me was called a racist regardless. Don't dare disagree with Obama.

Liberal/Obama Supporter Auto Response Protocol™

1. The source isn't valid
2. That's racist
3. GOP obstruction
4. But...but...but George W. Bush
5. Haters gonna hate
6. Sour grapes- your guy lost
7. Repeat 1,2,3,4,5 and/or 6 as needed then insult the opposition for failing to support this great man, declare victory, and move on

Old 11-03-2013, 09:36 AM

Quote:
I don't agree with Obamas policies yet anyone like me was called a racist regardless. Don't dare disagree with Obama.
No. You've made that up. No one calls you a racist for simply disagreeing with policy.

Sound like you have some kind of complex.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
No. You've made that up. No one calls you a racist for simply disagreeing with policy.

Sure ok,... if you say so. wow, you got 3 democratic defenses in one. "Sound like you have some kind of complex."The assumption is

Liberal/Obama Supporter Auto Response Protocol

2. That's racist
3. GOP obstruction
5. Haters gonna hate
7. Repeat 1,2,3,4,5 and/or 6 as needed then insult the opposition for failing to support this great man, declare victory, and move on

Old 11-03-2013, 09:39 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,379,331 times
It sounds like you truly want to understand and aren't just baiting so Ill answer seriously.

In 2008 the country was arguably at one if its lowest points in history. We were in an almost decade long, ultra expensive war, barley making progress, that was all based on false pretenses, and we had the worse economic collapse since the Great Depression. Fixing those two issues were the number one priorities for me when going to the ballot box, and healthcare was a close runner up because I work for myself as an independent contractor so I see the real ugly side and expenses of the insurance industry, unlike those who have insurance through an employer. McCain provided very little answers to these problems during his campaign and most people were under the impression that he wouldn't be very different from the Bush Administration. He even said he'd stay in Iraq for another 100 years if we had too. Obama however campaigned on ending the war, reforming wall street, and reforming health care. And guess what? He did exactly those three things.

Let me reiterate that one more time: I voted for a policy change in Iraq, Wall Street, and healthcare, and Obama delivered just that. How can i be dissapointed with my vote? Yes there have been blunders and scandals and a failure to fulfill other promises (promises which I honestly wasn't too concerned about), but every president has those and they rarely loose the support of their party (Bush certainly didn't, you are the anomaly).

Old 11-03-2013, 09:45 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:

Whining about being called racist (even when they haven't been) is much easier than acting like an adult and putting forward a reasonable argument for why they don't like the Obama administration.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Whining about being called racist (even when they haven't been) is much easier than acting like an adult and putting forward a reasonable argument for why they don't like the Obama administration.

2. That's racist
3. GOP obstruction
5. Haters gonna hate

Old 11-03-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
At least they've realized (for the most part) the secret Muslim, from Kenya, etc argument is passe

Old 11-03-2013, 09:48 AM

Quote:

2. That's racist
3. GOP obstruction
5. Haters gonna hate
You've posted that three or four times now. It's a really poor substitute for an actual argument. Why don't you stop, think about your position, and write some cogent arguments that are supportive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies