Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 04:06 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
I don't get it. Obama has blatantly lied to the American people with this insurance thing. On top of that he has broken a number of election year promises about transparency. He has played ignorant to tons of abuses of power in his administration.

Lying and playing ignorant are Obama's two best skills. I think they come naturally to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 04:15 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Lying and playing ignorant are Obama's two best skills. I think they come naturally to him.
He's a politician. Of course they do.

Old 11-03-2013, 04:19 PM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Were it not for Obama Derangement Syndrome on the part of the American lunatic fringe, we would probably have about 1/3 the total number of threads started in this forum.
If it were not for "I'll get everything free stupidity syndrome"...well, never mind, we see the results...

Old 11-03-2013, 04:22 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
If it were not for "I'll get everything free stupidity syndrome"...well, never mind, we see the results...
Keep telling yourself that is why he won ~ a second time around. You'll have another Democratic president for the next 8 years while you still can't determine why your candidate lost AGAIN.

Old 11-03-2013, 05:00 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
What exactly are you basing that on ?
OMG, read the frickin' OP! It pretty much summed up the campaign rhetoric vs. reality.

Old 11-03-2013, 05:10 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,264,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Sorry, you are very wrong. Anyone who believes that any one man, that any one party is the answer to all problems is a fool. The nazis had a name for these types, "useful idiots".

Anyone who believes that the government has their best interest at heart out of compassion is again... a fool.
Of course, the entertaining thing about this strategy is that you simply label anyone who isn't a stone-cold, ignorant, rambling rightwing nut job a "cult" member who reveres Obama.

Very effective in nutjob world. In real life? Not so much.

Old 11-03-2013, 05:13 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,522,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
One can disagree with President Obama all they want but the fact remains he was duly elected in a fair vote by the majority of the voting American public,
Then just to prove the peoples resolve he was duly re-elected to a second term as President.
Problem for righties in a democratic election is the majority wins and they lost.
Have the GOP learned anything in their defeat? apparently not as they continue to alienate even more people as time goes on, they do relatively nothing for the betterment of America other than have a continuous hissy fit, call people names and hate anyone who doesnt agree with their contorted way of thinking.
Wow, and you won $500 for this sort of brilliant insight?

BTW, look in the mirror much?

Old 11-03-2013, 05:49 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
OMG, read the frickin' OP! It pretty much summed up the campaign rhetoric vs. reality.
generalizations and wild dreams are not reality. If you can not explain your argument on specifics then there is no reason to bring it up in the first place

Old 11-03-2013, 05:58 PM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Keep telling yourself that is why he won ~ a second time around. You'll have another Democratic president for the next 8 years while you still can't determine why your candidate lost AGAIN.
Yep, that is why we can still find stupidity, now...right...

I love when, people such as you say "again".....

Yet people such as YOU completely forget, that in the 2010 elections, (why obama is not able to implement many things right now) that the DEMS LOST, not just a little, a LOT.....

Let's not forget, that not only did the repubs take back the House, but including the House the total dem seats that were lost were about 700 seats thoughout the United States...

Many of YOUR candidates lost, and many of your current candidates are following Ted Cruz recommendations.....why is that...

Old 11-03-2013, 06:00 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,186,593 times
I don't get it. Obama has blatantly lied to the American people with this insurance thing.

Whenever this was said, I always took it to mean the government wouldn't force people off of good insurance plans. I didn't take it as a guarantee that employers wouldn't.

On top of that he has broken a number of election year promises about transparency.

Yeah, politicians make promises they can't keep.

He has played ignorant to tons of abuses of power in his administration.

Plausible denial. But you'd have to be more specific.

He hasn't closed Guantanamo.

He seems to need help from Congress on that one. I'll say it's partially his fault.

He hasn't delivered on the robust recovery that campaigned on.

Mostly his fault--or at least, mostly his party's fault--, but I doubt we'd agree on exactly how this happened.

He is still using drones to blow up people in Pakistan and other third world hellholes.

True

I get it that he is, in theory, ideologically in line with you but practically the man is just another Washington plutocrat playing the game to save himself.

I'm a liberal, I hold my nose and vote Democrat. I'll defend Obama only when I think attacks against him are unfair and/or hypocritical

I have never defended the presidency of George W Bush because I believe that he is the antithesis of what a GOP member should be.

But many other GOP supporters do, and many of their attacks on Obama are hypocritical.

Further Bush campaigned on nonintervention and broke that promise and a host of other things. I do not, nor will not defend his presidency and I'm a lifelong republican.

That's fair, but just because Bush wasn't perfect, doesn't mean you shouldn't defend him if he's unfairly attacked. Bush and Obama have been attacked for good reasons, and bad ones.

So I ask you...why defend this man when he has so clearly governed in a manner inconsistent with his campaign promises?

I'll defend him only when I think it's fair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies