Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 02:00 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 19 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,533,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Sorry, you are very wrong. Anyone who believes that any one man, that any one party is the answer to all problems is a fool. The nazis had a name for these types, "useful idiots".
Im still not getting your point. When did anyone make those claims, and even if they did, that doesnt make them cult members. You even say Democrats are always wrong.

you posted 3 pictures. One of which was a political joke(first gay Presidnet), one was just an Obama snap shot in front of his campaign Logo, and the 3rd was talking about a political situation, none of which made your point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Anyone who believes that the government has their best interest at heart out of compassion is again... a fool.
That is a political philosophy not a truth. By that logic, once someone is elected, you should never support them because they no longer have your best interest at heart.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:05 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,362,934 times
blah blah blah.

Look give us a better choice then! Seriously...Romney? Democrats don't elect the president, nor can Republicans. Give the Independents someone to vote for! Obama was by FAR the best choice. If you think thats horrible, then consider this...your guy was considered worse by far! The votes dont lie.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:13 PM

525 posts, read 508,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
His first day in office, he signed an executive Order asking congress to close Gitmo, since by law, they control it, not him.

Transparency is an opinion, not a fact. Can you comparatively say he has been less transparent than other administrations ?

The Post racial one doesnt really make sense. What exactly are you saying ?

As for Insurance, you can keep it. Are you claiming companies did not cancel policies before this year ? You do realize that the cancellation that have come out equal less than 1% of insurance holders right ?

Drone Strikes, again, Where and what in the campaign does this pertain to ? Did he claim he would never use drones ??? same goes for F&F.

And what issue with Holder ?
The democrats controlled both houses after his election...if closing gitmo were priority it would have gotten done. He has been lambasted by liberals over this for years...don't play dumb.

ACA is the model of zero transparency. The law which effectively changes the relationship of the federal government and 1/6 of our national economy was done at night and behind closed doors. We all know Pelosi's quote...

Obama said the words post-racial...not me. His interjection into the Trayvon Martin case injected his race into it. Whether it was intentional or not, and it very well may not have been, it injected the POTUS's race as an issue which further divided the nation.

150,000 policies were just cancelled in Oregon. The numbers keep increasing. Whether its 5 people or 5 million...citizens were lied to. "If you like your policy, no one can take it from you." This is as straightforward as it gets, my friend.

Same issue with drone strikes as gitmo. Obama was critical of drones during the 08 election...liberals have criticized him over this inconsistency.

Transparency issues with Holder on subpoened records and his reluctance to participate! ...jeez don't you read the paper

Old 11-03-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
The democrats controlled both houses after his election...if closing gitmo were priority it would have gotten done. He has been lambasted by liberals over this for years...don't play dumb.
After President Obama took office, that session of congress had the most filibusters in its history, saying that controlling congress means it would get done is pure naivety.

Quote:
ACA is the model of zero transparency. The law which effectively changes the relationship of the federal government and 1/6 of our national economy was done at night and behind closed doors. We all know Pelosi's quote...
No, that is not the model of zero transparency. Your definition of "zero transparency" would mean that every law fits its description.

Quote:
Obama said the words post-racial...not me. His interjection into the Trayvon Martin case injected his race into it. Whether it was intentional or not, and it very well may not have been, it injected the POTUS's race as an issue which further divided the nation.
I dont remember the President ever using the phrase post racial to describe himself, which doesnt even matter to the example you are using as being "Post racial" does not mean you have never experienced racism or racial stereotypes and recognize them when they happen.

Quote:
150,000 policies were just cancelled in Oregon. The numbers keep increasing. Whether its 5 people or 5 million...citizens were lied to. "If you like your policy, no one can take it from you." This is as straightforward as it gets, my friend.
Citizens were never lied to. Companies decided to cancel policies, They have the ability to do that. The ACA never forced these people to cancel their own policies which is what the President was saying and you know that. Why are you trying to frame this in a different light ?

Quote:
Same issue with drone strikes as gitmo. Obama was critical of drones during the 08 election...liberals have criticized him over this inconsistency.
President Obama was not critical of Drone strikes in the 08 campaign, infact Drones do not even appear in any of the promises he made in 2008

PolitiFact | Should President Barack Obama apologize for flip-flop on drone strikes? Louisiana lawmaker says yes

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises

Progressives(not Liberals) are against him on drone strikes because they are against wars all together, regardless of how they are engaged, not because he made some promise or campaigned against drones. The drone argument is one based in frustration by the right, not fact.

and I hate politifact, but this is one of the few times they get it right.

Quote:
Transparency issues with Holder on subpoened records and his reluctance to participate! ...jeez don't you read the paper
Yes, i read, but im also not blind. Republicans asked for documents that had absolutely nothing to do with F&F

Old 11-03-2013, 02:48 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,284,151 times
One can disagree with President Obama all they want but the fact remains he was duly elected in a fair vote by the majority of the voting American public,
Then just to prove the peoples resolve he was duly re-elected to a second term as President.
Problem for righties in a democratic election is the majority wins and they lost.
Have the GOP learned anything in their defeat? apparently not as they continue to alienate even more people as time goes on, they do relatively nothing for the betterment of America other than have a continuous hissy fit, call people names and hate anyone who doesnt agree with their contorted way of thinking.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:53 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,073,168 times
Were it not for Obama Derangement Syndrome on the part of the American lunatic fringe, we would probably have about 1/3 the total number of threads started in this forum.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:57 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,792,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
So I ask you...why defend this man when he has so clearly governed in a manner inconsistent with his campaign promises?
Because Obama did a good job with some things. When Obama did a bad job with some other things, then I criticize him for it.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:51 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,516,886 times
Quote:
Sorry, you are very wrong. Anyone who believes that any one man, that any one party is the answer to all problems is a fool. The nazis had a name for these types, "useful idiots".

Anyone who believes that the government has their best interest at heart out of compassion is again... a fool.
No one believes that but you, poster. No one.

Old 11-03-2013, 04:03 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,679,129 times
I voted the last two elections for the lesser of two evils. That hardly puts me in a position the I have to defend Obama. I'm glad he will not have a third term but I see no one running that I can get excited about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies