Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 11:09 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,452,667 times

Advertisements

I served and made you all less safe by taking part in policing the globe. I wasn't old enough to understand why I was playing cowboys and Indians in the desert with a bunch of backwards people that didn't want me there. Well they got their wish, as I'm now back home, and they're in the same hellhole that I found them in 11 years later.

Well worth trillions of dollars, and thousands upon thousands of human lives.................

happy veterans day

this doesn't apply the ww2 vets

Old 11-11-2013, 11:10 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,131,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
Thankfully, Obama ended Bush's Iraq fiasco, despite the non-stop whining by Republicans and teabaggers.
Just curious... where do you get your information from? 'Cuz you're getting a very, VERY tainted version of the truth.

Obama is following the timeline set by George W Bush for the Iraq pullout. The ONLY thing you can give him credit for in that regard is following instructions. Yay. He's a good instruction follower...

And I don't know what you're talking about with the rest of your post. I've not only NOT heard "non-stop whining" from Republicans and conservatives, but I haven't really heard ANY whining.

Again, I have to question your information sources. Either they're lying to you - and you're believing it - or YOU are lying.

14,888 posts, read 10,047,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
The military does not "provide" for freedom, but it can certainly defend freedom. We were sitting ducks before WWII. With no military, we'd have been attacked on both coasts of the country.
Exactly, I don't know of anyone who believes the military creates or grants us freedom. I served to protect it for future generations to come. All the constitutionally granted freedom in the world does you no good when you are invaded.

275 posts, read 193,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

We are a government of the people, for the people, and by the people. Without every citizen doing their part, we wouldn't have freedom.
Without every citizen doing their part? Really? There is a large group of people who don't do anything but suck money out of the system and then think because they can fog a mirror they deserve government handouts. They are NOT doing their part yet you praise them as doing their part .. Really?

To anyone who served in our armed forces... Thank you for your service.

25,619 posts, read 36,730,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
I served and made you all less safe by taking part in policing the globe. I wasn't old enough to understand why I was playing cowboys and Indians in the desert with a bunch of backwards people that didn't want me there. Well they got their wish, as I'm now back home, and they're in the same hellhole that I found them in 11 years later.

Well worth trillions of dollars, and thousands upon thousands of human lives.................

happy veterans day

this doesn't apply the ww2 vets
Uh Korea and Vietnam?

Were you forced into service? No.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:12 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,131,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The military is a vital need for national defense. It does not provide anyone, any freedom. The constitution does that.
Actually, the Constitution doesn't do it, either. You're BORN with certain rights. The Constitution merely guarantees that the government won't take them from you.

744 posts, read 1,092,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Just curious... where do you get your information from? 'Cuz you're getting a very, VERY tainted version of the truth.

Obama is following the timeline set by George W Bush for the Iraq pullout. The ONLY thing you can give him credit for in that regard is following instructions. Yay. He's a good instruction follower...

And I don't know what you're talking about with the rest of your post. I've not only NOT heard "non-stop whining" from Republicans and conservatives, but I haven't really heard ANY whining.

Again, I have to question your information sources. Either they're lying to you - and you're believing it - or YOU are lying.

Then you obviously weren't paying attention to Mitt Romney when he said Obama pulling out of Iraq was a "great tragedy".

29,094 posts, read 26,030,742 times
Thank you for your service, Memphis 1979.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:13 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,674,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Uh Korea and Vietnam?

Were you forced into service? No.
Vietnam was a war of choice. Same could be argued for Korea, but perhaps less so. At least that one was relatively brief.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:15 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,235,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
Thankfully, Obama ended Bush's Iraq fiasco, despite the non-stop whining by Republicans and teabaggers.
LOL the clock ran out when Obama couldn't seal the deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.