Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 07:28 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,121,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They are. She works, gets paid.
no... I mean don't make it welfare. make it an actual job. with wages and benefits and a boss.

and if you agree with that then maybe you can explain why conservatives are against Obama's Jobs Act that does exactly that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 07:40 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,720,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabetx View Post
I deal with people like this all the time, daily. Free housing, groceries, cell phones, utilities, and healthcare. Plus they usually get a $800/mo disability check for being "bipolar" or "ADHD". Same for their 5 kids who also get disability for the same reasons. These people drive Cadillac's and have a of the latest and greatest electronics and high end clothing. It's ridiculous. And liberals feel bad for these people and want to help them even more. They tell me themselves "why work?" and just laugh that I spend 40 hours a week to earn a "comfortable" living while these people do nothing but party all day and get high to live comfortably.

Usually when I write about these things though, people think that I also make this stuff up and/or exaggerate. But it is real, and there are millions in our country living like this.

Just take a stroll through one of your local projects and look at the cars out there. See for yourself. Some of these projects are nicer than apartments I could never afford.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
Of course a lot of these people vote reliably Republican. If you find someone with 4-5 government checks you have probably found a Republican. Start with the VA Disablity program and go down to SS disability and every other handout you can think of and there will more than likely be a Republican at the end. Forget the projects the Tea Party types are all over the place. They are thankful for direct deposit rather than mail because their mail box would be full of checks.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:57 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,463,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Of course a lot of these people vote reliably Republican. If you find someone with 4-5 government checks you have probably found a Republican. Start with the VA Disablity program and go down to SS disability and every other handout you can think of and there will more than likely be a Republican at the end. Forget the projects the Tea Party types are all over the place. They are thankful for direct deposit rather than mail because their mail box would be full of checks.

Provide factual data. I have realitives who work in S.S. offices here in Calif, and 4 other States. I know what goes on, because i hear it.
I hear about the scams, and FYI the majority of people on welafe are Democrats, and most know this.

Take a look at who has the 5 kids or 6 Or 7 really think they are R then your delusional.

Most Republicians i know have heard of the concept called Work. Most of us know who is on welfare and food stamps, don't need no rocket scientist to figure this out.

WTH do you get your information people on welfare are those who want a handout on a permenent basis. Those who need it need it, and those who abuse the system, should be punished.

We know who has the 5, 6, or 7 kids, and it ain't no Republician because a republician thinks before having sex?

Old 11-19-2013, 08:00 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,402,706 times
1. people over the age of 65 receive social security.

2. People over the age of 65 tend to vote Republican.

Which fact are you wanting to have clarified?

Old 11-19-2013, 08:04 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,758,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Its a constant surprise to me that overwhelmingly people seem unaware of this. I think its what? 4 years? 3?
Only the big cash giveaway called TANF has any time limit. It's a stupid program that shouldn't exist at all.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
1. people over the age of 65 receive social security.

2. People over the age of 65 tend to vote Republican.

Which fact are you wanting to have clarified?
People over 65 who worked get social security.

Peopke over 65 who never worked get social security disability. They obviously tend to be democrats.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:08 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,402,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Only the big cash giveaway called TANF has any time limit. It's a stupid program that shouldn't exist at all.
I'm sorry you feel that way, I disagree. When I was 17 (soooo long ago) with 2 children I certainly took advantage of the program, I think I received close to 8,000 over the course of a year or two while I got my life going. If it makes you feel any better I paid a LOT more then that in federal taxes last year alone. A WHOLE lot. The program has its place. If you have a better suggestion then letting folks starve I'd love to hear it.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:33 PM

Why should a 17 year old be rewarded with free cash for having babies? Responsible 17 year olds aren't given $8,000 free money.

This is why the welfare class is growing so rapidly.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:36 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,454,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
I always love hearing about these stories of people on food stamps and welfare living high on the hog.

All these people love to complain about how these "welfare queens" live better than they do. I have never seen anyone actually give up their job and go on welfare after saying that though. Like they know what they are saying isn't actually true, but that doesn't change their beliefs. Like people who complain germs don't cause disease, but don't drink a vial of salmonella when offered.

Signs of a sick mind...
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:37 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,428,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
The problem isn't that these people exist. It's what solution do you have for getting them out of the system w/o impacting someone that actually needs it.

That's one of the big differences between Liberals and Conservatives on the safety net. Conservatives are willing to kick off as many actual needy people as it takes to make them feel like the system isn't being abused.

Outside of severely criminalizing welfare fraud (I'm pretty sure it's already a felony), what else are you going to do force out the leeches?
It shouldn't be up to me to get her out of the system.
It should have been up to her to stay out or get out now.
But I can't be responsible for someone else having pride or self respect or morals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies