Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 11:33 AM

68,348 posts, read 54,477,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post

Your personal health is a choice,you have the freedom to eat poorly and not exercise,unfortunately this is not a good choice but many seem to choose it any way.
The difference between the top nation in terms of life expectancy and the USA is less than four years,it matters little.

Four years of life "matters little"?

Interesting value system there, Personally, I'll opt out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2007, 11:33 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,262,541 times
Quote:
Bad things happen,you weren't guaranteed happiness,just the ability to pursue it.

That seems to be a common problem with a lot of people,their inability to grasp that they aren't owed anything and don't deserve anything simply for being.

Hate to break it to you but all that touchy-feely doodoo was a lie...
Awesome post.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:34 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,432,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Back to the thread, can we all agree that this Rich againts poor class war fare nonsense from the Democrats is hypocritical at best. I for one think it is great for Democrats to be filthy rich like John Edwards, just stop trying to prevent and place guilt on the rest of us from doing the same.

No, we cannot "all agree." What's so hypocritical about being rich and being for economic policies that might negatively affect your wealth yet benefit the middle and lower classes?

Or do you have to be poor in order to be an advocate for the poor?

Old 11-24-2007, 11:35 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,891,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And that has what to do with establishing any credibility of a blog and claims of a vast majority's tendencies?
And you stating you called five small businesses proves what?
Nothing personal but you can write whatever you want, it doesn't make it true.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Back to the thread, can we all agree that this Rich againts poor class war fare nonsense from the Democrats is hypocritical at best. I for one think it is great for Democrats to be filthy rich like John Edwards, just stop trying to prevent and place guilt on the rest of us from doing the same.
I agree,back to topic.

Neither party cares that much about the people,one party just knows how to pander better.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:38 AM

Quote:

I don't agree with your premise at all. Just how does some wealthy districts being represented by Democrats preclude them from continuing to represent poor/middle-class districts and looking out for those interests?

To me your argument is akin to saying if someone likes/eats steak then they can't like/eat lobster. Ever hear of Surf & Turf?

Old 11-24-2007, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC
Bad things happen,you weren't guaranteed happiness,just the ability to pursue it.

That seems to be a common problem with a lot of people,their inability to grasp that they aren't owed anything and don't deserve anything simply for being.

Hate to break it to you but all that touchy-feely doodoo was a lie...

Well sir, I hate to break it to YOU, but nothing in the Constitution immunizes you from taxes, or the redistribution of your wealth by democratic means in order to maintain a decent standard of living for all citizens.

If you don't like it, there's always Panama.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:42 AM

Quote:
I agree,back to topic.

Neither party cares that much about the people,one party just knows how to pander better.

Again, I ask the question: Do you or do you not agree that with 90% Democratically controlled Congress and Democratically controlled Presidency, that populist reforms in healthcare and labor would pass easily?

Old 11-24-2007, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Four years of life "matters little"?

Interesting value system there, Personally, I'll opt out.
To be 'outraged' over how poorly the USA performs when it comes to life expectancy when the actual stats show a difference of only four years is simply silly.

Especially when those espousing some form of universal healthcare point to nations that performed better by less than a year....and at an incredible financial cost.

To be honest I wish some of you would post what your plans in re: universla healthcare were....it would be interesting to read.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:44 AM

Quote:
And you stating you called five small businesses proves what?
I'm saying that given the number of small businesses in the US the sample size in the poll cited by the blog seems insignificant .

You made the claim of "vast majority" so it's up to you to supply proof, I don't believe that blog is sufficient.

Quote:
Nothing personal but you can write whatever you want, it doesn't make it true.

Right back at ya!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies