Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2013, 07:29 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Then what are you implying?
I am saying drug legalization is a bad idea. I am surprised that after 40+ pages you didn't know that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 07:41 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Addicts would ridicule you for your insensitive humor.

Don't try to fool people into believing you actually care about those with drug problems. You've done nothing but name calling since the beginning.
Amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am not kidding, and nor am I calling people names.
Yes you are. You're calling users of cannabis who are not causing harm to others criminals, as well as making ASSumptions that they're addicts. Ever hear of moderation? Yes even cannabis users practice it.

Quote:
Then what are you implying?

What do you do professionally? What are you contributing to society that makes you so arrogant?

Why do you feel that you should be able to decide what other grown adults do with their life?
Some people just feel the need to control others or use the boots of government force to do it.

Quote:
DIGITS: Public Softens on Marijuana Legalization - ABC News

The public is now less apt to feel that legal marijuana would serve as a gateway to stronger drugs. In the new poll, Americans were more likely to see it as a deterrent to stronger drugs than three years ago: 17 percent thought it would disincline people from using more serious drugs, compared with 10 percent in 2010. About a third said it would lead people to try more serious drugs, down from 39 percent in 2010.
Of course the public is less apt to feel this way. Because guess what??? The whole "marijuana is a gateway drug" theory is... wait for it.... BULL****!!!!

Quote:
I am saying drug legalization is a bad idea. I am surprised that after 40+ pages you didn't know that.

So you enjoy keeping a black market, therefore keeping the cartels in business and the crime that goes along with prohibition? People like Al Capone thank you for continuing to allow them to operate, and getting filthy rich off of it too. Then again, I suppose you're working for one of the special interests, and therefore; even the legalization of cannabis is a threat to your wallet. I find it absolutely ludicrous that people seek to profit on criminalizing Americans for use of a plant that was legal to use up until the first part of the 20th Century, because certain industries had to whine to the government, because they couldn't compete with a natural fiber!

Old 12-19-2013, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Yes you are. You're calling users of cannabis who are not causing harm to others criminals, as well as making ASSumptions that they're addicts. Ever hear of moderation? Yes even cannabis users practice it.
Well, if calling a criminal a criminal is now 'name calling', then I guess I am guilty. Until today, it would have been called "stating a fact".

Old 12-19-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Well, if calling a criminal a criminal is now 'name calling', then I guess I am guilty. Until today, it would have been called "stating a fact".

You'll have to excuse me if I have a hard time labelling someone smoking a joint as a criminal. You're in essence trying to lump them in with people who are actually criminals, such as murderers, rapists, or those who steal, embezzle, and commit violent acts. Therefore, I along with those who also support cannabis legalization take a little bit of an exception to being lumped in with the real dregs of society as mentioned above. But I guess that is what prohibitionists do best. They don't like something, so they criminalize it, and then attach that label people. How convenient.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:45 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Just goes to show you don't even know the definition of criminal.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:

Hey... I caught myself doing 5 mph over the speed limit this morning on the way to work. I guess since I broke that rule, that makes me a criminal in this case too. If we're using Finn's logic of course.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:53 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Hey... I caught myself doing 5 mph over the speed limit this morning on the way to work. I guess since I broke that rule, that makes me a criminal in this case too. If we're using Finn's logic of course.
She's criminal in supporting direct violations to our Constitution by her definition.

For their to be a criminal, there has to be a victim. Whether a person, property, or to the community/state.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:
She's criminal in supporting direct violations to our Constitution by her definition.

For their to be a criminal, there has to be a victim. Whether a person, property, or to the community/state.

Jordan... fades back... SWISH!!!! AND THAT'S THE BALL GAME!!!! Way to go Gtownoe! I couldn't have put it any better than you just did!

Old 12-19-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
You'll have to excuse me if I have a hard time labelling someone smoking a joint as a criminal.
Well, a person who commits criminal acts is a criminal. It's pretty simple.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
It is obviously you who doesn't know.

Criminal = a person who has committed a crime

Synonyms = lawbreaker, wrongdoer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies