Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2013, 06:15 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3
my friends who make around $100,000 are paying 30%+ federal tax rates.
So out of $100k he gets to keep $70k, then of course he pays payroll tax, state, unemployment taxes. So how much after the 80K does he take home (without owing at the end of the year). Then if when he buys things he pays more taxes. Government got their fingers in every aspect. I'm surprised they don't charge a tax to flush the toilet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2013, 06:18 PM

Warren Buffet is a hypocrite!

Old 12-12-2013, 06:29 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,227,406 times
My CPA, who by the way does very well told me he hasn't scene a dime back from the fed's in 20 years..And he's not blowing
smoke.. He despises the IRS, as do I...
My sis who also does very well get's no return, only taxed like 30%, nice isn't it!!! You work hard your whole life and become
something (not a trust fund person) and what does Uncle Sam do, punish you for it...for working 70 hours a week, going to college and making something of your life. No, you have to pay for all the slackers and Illegals in this country..

The IRS can go crap in a hat, heck their in bed with Obama!!

Old 12-12-2013, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brienzi View Post
My CPA, who by the way does very well told me he hasn't scene a dime back from the fed's in 20 years..And he's not blowing
My sis who also does very well get's no return, only taxed like 30%, nice isn't it!!! You work hard your whole life and become
something (not a trust fund person) and what does Uncle Sam do, punish you for it...for working 70 hours a week, going to college and making something of your life. No, you have to pay for all the slackers and Illegals in this country..

Exactly brienzi. I'm to the point of thinking why bother busting my butt anymore. I didn't "build my business" so I could become a government slave, or to support big government and give them money the I worked for so they can buy votes.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:48 PM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
You work hard your whole life and become something (not a trust fund person) and what does Uncle Sam do, punish you for it...
Exactly. You get it, my friend...

Old 12-12-2013, 06:53 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,656,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Democrats need to lie about Republicans, calling them the party of the rich to maintain their grip on power.

The very richest are Democrats:
...there seems to be a tipping point where the ultra-wealthy begin leaning Democratic. The most famous example would be the entertainment industry, where star-studded events have become a significant part of Democratic culture. .... A review of the 20 richest Americans... found that 60 percent affiliate with the Democratic Party...Among the richest families, the Democratic advantage rises even higher, to 75 percent.
Republicans do supply side tax cuts (they are defined as tax cuts for the rich and large corporations.)
Republicans want 0% tax rates on capital gains (so rich CEO's will get 0% federal tax rates.)
Republicans want corporate deregulation (this gives rich CEO's huge amounts of money.)

And then republicans oppose welfare for the poor, high min wage laws, tax credits for low income workers, workers unions, healthcare for all, helping home foreclosure victims, ex.ex.

But republicans love the following,

Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress

Who could say republicans are not the party of the rich?

Old 12-12-2013, 06:56 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,473,071 times
Quote:
Liberal mainstream media supports Democrat propaganda by defining rich as households that earn more than $75,000. Seventy-five thousand for a two-income household is not rich.

Who are the richest members of Congress? Democrats. Of the 12 richest lawmakers, only 3 are Republicans.

I think that Republicans tend to diirect their efforts toward living well and making money - hence prefer careers outside of politics - while Democrats tend to devote their efforts toward telling others how to live.

Old 12-12-2013, 07:03 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:

About 10% of the budget goes towards social welfare programs.

Here's a graphic that's been making the rounds:

A huge percent goes to "defense"... which is government directed welfare to red states and army types who oppose government spending... except to support an unnecessary military industrial complex, VA benefits and pensions.

Oh, and lets not forget the amount of "defense" money spent to "secure resources" that make boku bucks for hedge funders and energy moguls.

One also wonders where all these "self made" people would be without government roads, schools, courts and regulatory agencies? But hey, I guess everyone can agree our most prosperous times as a nation were the 1800s and not the mid-1900s, right? Right?!

Old 12-12-2013, 07:06 PM

[quote=workingclasshero;32589580]even with the exemption being at 5 million it will still effect small business and farms

the average family farm is not a valueless thing...many grain farmers are farming lots of land that is in the 1000's of acres...and with the value of land being in the 1000's of dollars per acre.[quote]

Oh honestly what a bunch of crap.

You think family farmers aren't incorporated and structured to avoid having to lose the farm? That it's Old McDonald sitting on millions and filing his taxes as a sole-proprietor each year? REALLY?

Anyone running a five million dollar operation that hasn't consulted a tax professional got their money through sheer dumb luck, because they obviously aren't that smart.

Last edited by TriMT7; 12-12-2013 at 07:15 PM..

Old 12-12-2013, 07:12 PM

Quote:
So what did you do to earn the same amount that the 1% earn? Just curious.

My household is several X the national average, so don't you worry about me, petch.

I'm just not a water carrier for the 1%. The rich can take care of themselves, which is why I find it sad and pathetic to watch the plebes lick their boots.

What, do you think they'll kick you some scraps or something? Good luck:

The income gap between the richest 1 percent and the rest of America last year reached the widest point since the Roaring Twenties.

The top 1 percent of U.S. earners collected 19.3 percent of household income in 2012, their largest share since 1928. And the share held by the top 10 percent of earners last year reached a record 48.2 percent.

U.S. income inequality has been growing for almost three decades. But it grew again last year, according to an analysis of IRS figures dating to 1913 by economists at the University of California, Berkeley, the Paris School of Economics and Oxford University.

Last year, the incomes of the top 1 percent rose nearly 20 percent compared with a 1 percent increase for the remaining 99 percent.

Top 1 Percent Took Record Share of 2012 US Income
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies