Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2013, 01:30 PM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
How about you stop making definitive statements about things you don't know about?
It's not my knowledge I've posted. It's ACTUAL IRS DATA.

We all get that you don't like the fact that your ridiculous beliefs are as false as hell. You just need to get over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 01:34 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's not my knowledge I've posted. It's ACTUAL IRS DATA.

We all get that you don't like the fact that your ridiculous beliefs are as false as hell. You just need to get over it.
It's not knowledge at all that you've posted. I have no problems with the IRS data. I have an issue with YOU telling the rest of us what these families pay in taxes. These specific families. Don't make remarks like, "they only pay such and such." YOU don't know what they pay. Cite all the statistics you want. Just remember that those statistics are AVERAGES, and there may be no family that pays that average.

Old 12-13-2013, 01:50 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:
Theft, the taking of one's assets by force or threat of force, to give to others is moral how?

Theft is a criminal act. Taxes are not theft.

People don't "have stuff" and do not "earn" stuff in a vacuum.

It's why humanity orders itself in a civilized society.

I honestly can't stand people who are so full of themselves they think they would be just as successful as they are today no matter where they were born... Somalia, China, the United States or Germany.

Especially finance people, who quite literally produce nothing and would produce nothing if not for the governmental apparatus maintaining their game.

Old 12-13-2013, 02:09 PM

18,805 posts, read 8,479,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

I honestly can't stand people who are so full of themselves they think they would be just as successful as they are today no matter where they were born... Somalia, China, the United States or Germany.

Especially finance people, who quite literally produce nothing and would produce nothing if not for the governmental apparatus maintaining their game.
Taxes are rarely fair. But they are necessary both to support the communities, states and country as well as the currency. If everyone went to BitCoins, there would be no way to tax and control the people. And they would have no reason to gain USD to pay taxes. That's why our taxes are mandatory by law, and can only be paid in our sovereign currency.

Old 12-13-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
I have no problems with the IRS data.
Good.

Old 12-13-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

Cool. Let's adopt the European tax system...

Other countries don’t have a "47%" - Washington Post

Old 12-13-2013, 02:18 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Thruth?
New phone, sucks to type on.

Quote:
If a company pays its employees, the pay is taxed. But the money didn't come from the magic tree behind the business. The money is circulated through the economy, and taxed at almost every transaction. The idea that money should only be taxed once is nonsense. It's not the money being taxed. It's the transaction. And the concept certainly does change, depending on the amount. A transaction of a $100 gift, is simply a gift. A transaction of a $150,000 house is not just a gift. Large transfers have larger impacts, not just on the persons giving and receiving. And our tax laws reflect that reality.

Funny, Liberals think the money comes from a "magic tree behind the business" when they demand a hike in minimum wage.

Giving money to a family member should not be considered a "transaction" nor should it be viewed the same way as income as when paying an employee.

And the only "impact" large family "transactions" have is the impact on the amount of drool coming from a Progressive tax collectors mouth.....who are you to say what constitutes a "gift" and what does not when it was my money, that I worked for and paid taxes on already?

Besides it's not like the money will never be taxed again at all.....there will be plenty of sales taxes, luxury taxes etc when the person who inherited it spends it.

Old 12-13-2013, 02:18 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Cool. Let's adopt the European tax system...

Other countries don’t have a "47%" - Washington Post
Do you understand how high the tax rates are in those countries, and the fact that they are regressive because the sales and use taxes are so prevalent?

Old 12-13-2013, 02:26 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Do you understand how high the tax rates are in those countries, and the fact that they are regressive because the sales and use taxes are so prevalent?
I've responded to this nonsense before, pointing out that they have lower inequality because of the extremely large wealth transfers occurring.

But this statistic will be pointed at over and over. The wish of course is to take their tax system, our tax amounts, and make the rich even richer.

Old 12-13-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Yep. Bring it. Too much whining from U.S. spoiled brats already getting so much while paying so little, or even nothing at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies