Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 10:58 AM

18,805 posts, read 8,479,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I worked in a hospital before and after we almost had Hillarycare. The downhill changes since Hillary tried to do her number was not good for healthcare. It got so bad I got out. I still have friends who work in the hospital and it is scary what they are saying is going on.

You might have healthcare "insurance". It's time to realize that doesn't mean you will get good healthcare.
Can you be more specific on these 'downhill changes'? And what your friends say is 'scary'?

Old 12-16-2013, 10:59 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,652,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Obama's been good for government employees and government dependents - no doubt about that.
Yes he has been very good to government dependents. I think what Obama meant to says was, "If you like your food stamps, you can keep your foods stamps."

Old 12-16-2013, 11:00 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Obama's been good for government employees and government dependents - no doubt about that.
I hold a 2 undergraduate and an advanced degree. I work in the private sector plus own a small business.

Your (thinly veiled) comment is the exact reason that Republicans will not see the White House for at least two more terms.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:06 AM

643 posts, read 918,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSoundOfMuzak View Post
I thought Obama was going to be "Change" and unite the country.

Here's what he has to show after 5 years:
  • More debt
  • More partisanship (Is he the most partisan president in all of U.S. history? I think he might be.)
  • In general, a more divided country. He's really stroked the division between men and women, Blacks and Whites.
  • Bigger government
  • Worse economy (when you look at the real statistics, not the ones cooked by the government)
  • More drone strikes. (Yes, the wars have been scaled down overall, but those were from timetables Bush had already set.)
  • More incompetency (Healthcare.gov lol)
What a joke this guy is. He is proof of how stupid America has become. Get a decent looking, half-Black guy who's good at reading a TelePrompTer, and the country will vote him in twice.
I think dont think the government is any bigger than during the Bush years and I think the lack of partisanship is not his fault (tea party is the culprit and moreso our need to make this system have more than two parties).

The debt and the drones are no bueno. I think the Obama administration is the exact opposite of liberal in their foreign policy platform and their conquest to spy on us. Obama is way too interested in drone strikes and foreign intervention.

ACA is a step in the right direction, but we really need to get rid of health insurance companies, make medical school free for the top students and make healthcare very cheap for everyone or free.

I am a very liberal person and I am not an Obama fan. You could also add him putting a lot of shady execs of Monsanto, chemical and oil and gas companies in key environmental and health posts. THat to me is a huge conflict of interest and should be illegal.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:06 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Our healthcare system is improved dramatically for one.
My how low we have set the bar for measuring improvement, considering it's in a complete shambles

Old 12-16-2013, 11:08 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,550,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
WOW... Really? That improves out healthcare system? Making everyone else pay for someone else's pre-existing condition? Not that wasn't the way things already were but NOW An insurance company has to "Accept a car for collision insurance that's already damaged, and now must pay for the collision repairs, so now can increase their rates so that everyone else is forced to pay for it". And YOU think that makes it better?

Subsidies? Again, everyone who works and makes money pays those subsidies. Remember, the ONLY money the government has to pay it's bills with, is that money it earns in taxes, and "Fees".

MY insurance costs have almost doubled in the past 2 years for lesser insurance. That's an improvement? I guess I have a different set of standards.
Naaaa....your standards are fine.......the only people who think things are great are those who still have their insurance.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:12 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Only when you use 2009 as a baseline which they are attributing to Bush, there is arguments as to why it should or should not be attributed to Bush but that is besides the point. The point is that is what they are comparing his spending too in that article.

Let's say you have an extraordinary expense and buy a new car in 2009 which should be a one time purchase but then you buy one in 2010, 2011, 2012.... It's like trying to argue you haven't increased spending in 2010, 2011 and 2012 becsue you're not spending anymore than you did in 2009.
The closer analogy would be the trillion in emergency federal spending for the 2008 economic recession being compared to spending $40,000 to repair tornado damage to your home. Even though there were no more storms, each year afterwards you splurge with $30,000-$55,000 on all kinds of goodies, and claim you are a penny pincher, because on average you've spent less then you did during the year of the tornado.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:18 AM

30,075 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
I think you must be a liberal, because only a liberal would post such an intentionally misleading graph. Cherry picking only the last thirteen months of Bush's 8 year presidency? Really?

Laughable.

Agreed- Wasn't that hilarious?

Meanwhile, back in reality, we have record-

number of citizens unemployed

number of citizens on food stamps

number of citizens living in poverty

number of citizens on disability

Liberals seem to love personal misery, as they are very good at creating it.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:38 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Really? Every month they cut government workers, so I don't think your claim is accurate
And I think his claim is accurate.

Federal civilian employees fiscal year 2008: 1,938,821
Federal civilian employees fiscal year 2012: 2,110,221

What the Democrats do to make themselves look good is report "government jobs" rather than "federal jobs". In doing so, they can include reductions in state governments, mostly run by Republicans, in their own numbers. So they themselves add jobs, but then include job reductions done at the state level in their numbers, and report that they've reduced the size of government.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:44 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
And I think his claim is accurate.

Federal civilian employees fiscal year 2008: 1,938,821
Federal civilian employees fiscal year 2012: 2,110,221

What the Democrats do to make themselves look good is report "government jobs" rather than "federal jobs". In doing so, they can include reductions in state governments, mostly run by Republicans, in their own numbers. So they themselves add jobs, but then include job reductions done at the state level in their numbers, and report that they've reduced the size of government.
They are doing it? The claim was about "government employees", and you flipped it to "federal employees" in other to support your argument. The irony....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies