Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 12:12 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Our healthcare system was a JOKE prior to Obama fixing.
A "joke" that 80-85% of the public was happy with.

Since you seem to be a big proponent of this law, maybe you can explain this to me. Nobody else has been able to:

Tell me why I, a 42 year old man, need to have maternity coverage. Tell me why I, a single man with no kids, needs to have "baby wellness" and pediatric dental coverage.

Can you do that?

Old 12-16-2013, 12:13 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,436,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I think you must be a liberal, because only a liberal would post such an intentionally misleading graph. Cherry picking only the last thirteen months of Bush's 8 year presidency? Really?

Laughable.

yeah. . .uh, why didn't you post another graph. I just posted a couple graphs regarding job creation and economy.

Didn't create those graphs. If I would have had a longer bush graph I would of posted it

So why didn't you respond with a more accurate graph, if that is your accusation?

Old 12-16-2013, 12:21 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
Sorry, kids, you are not going to turn another thread into one about healthcare.
Isnt healthcare one of Obamas main "accomplishments" to make things better for the nation?

Old 12-16-2013, 12:39 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
When the discussion is about the successes or failures of the head of the federal government, it stands to reason that the discussion will involve details about... the federal government.

Try to keep up, Finn. We already know that you're not putting any effort into it, but at least give it a shot.
Again, try to understand what the discussion is about, and try to understnad the posts you reply to. You are not doing well on either arena. The topic is not about the federal government, it is simply about things which have changed for better since Jan 2009. That's what the title says. Read it. Understand it. I listed five things, which I think have improved, but that does not mean I am trying to assign credit.

FOCUS!!!!

Old 12-16-2013, 12:42 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Isnt healthcare one of Obamas main "accomplishments" to make things better for the nation?
Is healthcare a thing which you think has changed for better since Jan 2009? That's the question presented in the thread title.

Old 12-16-2013, 12:45 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They are doing it? The claim was about "government employees", and you flipped it to "federal employees" in other to support your argument. The irony....
The claim you responded to was about Obama. It mentioned him and only him. Obama is responsible for federal employees. So I didn't flip it. Sorry, you can't wriggle your way out of it. You were wrong.

Old 12-16-2013, 12:45 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
Quote:
I said nothing about Obama. The discussion was about Bush's finish. I don't give a rats ass about the chart. It is not my chart. Read, and understand the posts you reply to. Don't just jump in and post for the sake of posting. Focus!!
I give up. You're just not paying attention, I guess.

For your benefit, though, I'll cover our banter. Maybe you'll be able to figure it out if you study it long enough.

Somebody posted a jobs growth chart created using numbers from Bush's last year or few months in office, and all of Obama's time to date. I challenged that person to find a chart that included Bush's full term, as what was posted was a dishonest comparison:

Quote:
Do you have a chart that includes ALL of Bush's two terms, you know, when we had full employment, instead of just the last year, when the Democrat-created housing bubble burst?
Then you responded to that post:
Quote:
It's about how you finish. Did he leave the country in better shape that is was when he took office? No, he left it in ruins.
I then replied:
Quote:
Oh, bull. If it were "about how you finish," that chart never would have been created, because Obama's not "finished" yet.
You retorted:
Quote:
I said nothing about Obama.

If you're going to inject yourself into a conversation, it's really, really helpful to know just what it is that you're going to be discussing. And then, of course, the entire premise of this thread is about Obama, so you really can't claim ignorance there, either.

Sorry, but you've committed a major fail here. I'm actually embarrassed for you. Maybe you should have had your Wheaties today...

Old 12-16-2013, 12:46 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
As I've mentioned in other posts I don't consider myself liberal and I'm certainly not a fan of Obama. But I think these are the "successes" of his administration.
  • Repealing DOMA and DADT.
  • Being supporting of gay marriage
  • Raising taxes on the highest income earners...however all levels probably need raised.
  • Obamacare. (I know it's unpopular now but I think it will ultimately be a popular.) I prefered a single-payer expansion of Medicare, but I think any effort to ensure all American's regardless of economic status have healthcare is a win and a good stride forward.
  • Drawing down the war effort in Iraq.
  • The stimulus, although it should have been much bigger.

Thats kinda it...I think his administration has had a hell of a lot more issues/mistakes than successes but the things I listed above were alright in my book.
Why on earth do ALL taxes need to be raised? So we can buy more million dollar sculptures for our overseas embassies? So we can pay contractors for garbage incinerators that don't work and will have to be scrapped? So we can "lend" money to green companies that eventually go bankrupt because nobody wants the product?

And when you say "all levels", so you mean the lower levels too? Will those in the bottom tier FINALLY be made to put some skin in the game?

You say you're not a liberal, but I think you're not being honest with yourself. Single payer expansion of Medicare tells me you're about as liberal as they get. As is thinking the stimulus should have been much bigger.

Old 12-16-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Is this supposed to be an argument?

Why would it be a joke? Are you saying the stock market is worse than Jan 2009? Or the housing? Are you saying US did not pull out of Iraq? What do you disagree with?
Not trying to be argumentative at all. But liberals are always saying that the stock market has nothing to do with the economy and the president, but now Obama is responsible? Interesting. As for housing, going up slowly after diving tremendously is hardly an improvement. And Iraq? That was just Obama holding to Bush's timeline.

For the record, I disagree with all of it.

Old 12-16-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
My uninsurable daughter just let me know today that she got the coverage she wanted and needed very easily through the Obamacare website yesterday!
How much is she paying? How much is her deductible? How much are we subsidizing her? Is she truly "covered" or just signed up?

Devil's in the details, don't you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies