Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 12:54 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Not trying to be argumentative at all. But liberals are always saying that the stock market has nothing to do with the economy and the president, but now Obama is responsible? Interesting. As for housing, going up slowly after diving tremendously is hardly an improvement. And Iraq? That was just Obama holding to Bush's timeline.

For the record, I disagree with all of it.
You are not comprehending the topic.

Why is it so difficult?

It has nothing to do with crediting Obama or someone else. The question is simple: which things are better today than in Jan 2009. Nothing to do with assigning credit.

I listed five things, and you argue they are NOT better today.

You are saying:

1. Stock market today is NOT better
2. Housing is NOT better
3. We did NOT pull out of Iraq, and are NOT in process of pulling out of Afghanistan
4. We are NOT on path to becoming a larger oil producer.
5. Our image in the world is NOT better

Old 12-16-2013, 12:57 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,243,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Our healthcare system is improved dramatically for one.
How exactly does mandating everyone purchase the most expensive insurance possible help ANYONE other than Big Insurance, Big Pharma, and Big Health?

Old 12-16-2013, 12:59 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

Why is it so difficult?

It has nothing to do with crediting Obama or someone else. The question is simple: which things are better today than in Jan 2009. Nothing to do with assigning credit.

You are saying:

2. Housing is NOT better
3. We did NOT pull out of Iraq, and are NOT in process of pulling out of Afghanistan
1. Yes. But it's a bubble. Let's see how it does without money being pumped in by the feds.
2. I don't think it's better.
3. We're out of Iraq, but it's not better there. And until we are out of Afghanistan, I'm saying we're still in.
4. No we are not. Again, pure speculation.
5. Definitely not.

Old 12-16-2013, 01:02 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Thank goodness bush's policies started working....

If obama is not going to accept responsiblity for anything 2009...why should anyone give him job creation?
Obama does accept responsiblity. He accepts responsibility for anything that ends up working. He claims credit for anything that improves, and blames Bush and obstructionist Republicans for anything that doesn't.

Old 12-16-2013, 01:11 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
The claim you responded to was about Obama. It mentioned him and only him. Obama is responsible for federal employees. So I didn't flip it. Sorry, you can't wriggle your way out of it. You were wrong.
Finn is really off his game today. Not that he's ever particularly "on" his game, but you get the idea.. I'm going to ignore him for the rest of the day. I don't have time to deal with brick walls today.

Old 12-16-2013, 01:18 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

Why is it so difficult?

You are saying:

2. Housing is NOT better
For a moment, lets assume all of those things are true.

Who gets the credit, Finn? We all know you're angling to assign credit to Obama, although you say you're not. So, please, tell us who gets the credit for these things?

Old 12-16-2013, 01:21 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Liberals, tell me how America has changed for the better since Obama took office?

The NeoCons left the White House.

Old 12-16-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I give up. You're just not paying attention, I guess.
I added a simple statement about the importance of how you look when you finish, but apparentlyit went over your head. Maybe you woud understand if you thought about itin football terms. A team might hang in there for three quarters keeping thescore tied and hopes alive, but then they allow the opponenets score 30 morepoints in the 4th quarter, and the end result is a disaster. This iswhat happened with “W” presidency. It means nothing that the numbers were okfor seven years, when the end result is a disaster.

Old 12-16-2013, 01:35 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Well, I would refute all the fascist posts directed to me but they will just get modded away. I have already had about six responses deleted.

Our healthcare system was a JOKE prior to Obama fixing. It is one of his crowning achievements and I don't expect the right wing mouth breathers on this board to comprehend that.
Mouth breathers? As opposed to the anal breathers in the Obama admin?

Old 12-16-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
For a moment, lets assume all of those things are true.

Who gets the credit, Finn?
It is irrelevant to the topic. Like I stated earlier, debating about who gets credit or the blame is an endless and fruitless effort. For your information I would never give president credit or blame for everything that goes on. That is a very naive and partisan attitude and we see way too much of that these days, especially here on CD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies