Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 01:51 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
1. Yes. But it's a bubble. Let's see how it does without money being pumped in by the feds.
Is 16 000 better than 6 000? Yes, it is. You can speculate what the future may bring, but it does not change the bottom like about today.

Quote:
2. I don't think it's better.
Well, it is.

Quote:
3. We're out of Iraq, but it's not better there. And until we are out of Afghanistan, I'm saying we're still in.
It is better for US that we are out of Iraq. It saves us hundreds of billions of dollars.

Quote:
4. No we are not. Again, pure speculation.
It will happen in about 7 years

Quote:
5. Definitely not.
Thanks for sharing your personal opinon, but the world disagrees with you. US facorability is back to its 2002 levels, while it was at its lowest in 2007.

Old 12-16-2013, 02:08 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Is healthcare a thing which you think has changed for better since Jan 2009? That's the question presented in the thread title.
no, the question presented in the thread title is what LIBERALS believe has changed for the better, not what I think. Are you telling me liberals dont believe Obamacare has made things better?

Old 12-16-2013, 02:10 PM

18,805 posts, read 8,479,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
How much is she paying? How much is her deductible? How much are we subsidizing her? Is she truly "covered" or just signed up?

Devil's in the details, don't you know.
$500 and something a month. Very low deductibles. You will eventually help subsidize her as she has some serious ongoing HC issues. None of them her own doing. She now has better coverage than what I provided for her up to this point in time.

Old 12-16-2013, 02:12 PM

18,805 posts, read 8,479,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Where is the stats for that? The OPM only goes out to 2011 Total Government Employment Since 1962
Barack Obama, Government Job Slayer | PRAGMATIC CAPITALISM

Old 12-16-2013, 02:17 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
...apparentlyit went over your head.
No, what's over your head is that you included yourself in a tangential discussion between two people, which is fine, if you're going to follow the same tangent, but you (apparently, according to your excuses) tried to change the subject.

Anyway, I'm done with you for today (if not forever). You're all over the place, and can't maintain a train of thought at all. And it's not just me that's noticed.

BTW, I don't follow or care about football. Not sure why you thought I did.

Old 12-16-2013, 02:42 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,243,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSoundOfMuzak View Post
I thought Obama was going to be "Change" and unite the country.

Here's what he has to show after 5 years:
  • More debt
  • More partisanship (Is he the most partisan president in all of U.S. history? I think he might be.)
  • In general, a more divided country. He's really stroked the division between men and women, Blacks and Whites.
  • Bigger government
  • Worse economy (when you look at the real statistics, not the ones cooked by the government)
  • More drone strikes. (Yes, the wars have been scaled down overall, but those were from timetables Bush had already set.)
  • More incompetency (Healthcare.gov lol)

What a joke this guy is. He is proof of how stupid America has become. Get a decent looking, half-Black guy who's good at reading a TelePrompTer, and the country will vote him in twice.
Anyone who thinks America is not in terrible shape today is a die-hard liberal who listens ONLY to the Pravda liberal media and is either retired or otherwise getting enough taxpayer checks to live comfortably. Any bad news, they don't believe (or it's the Republican's fault). Luckily, they are a minority: only 38% now approve of Obama's performance as President, compared to 58% who say they disapprove (President Obama Approval Ratings at Record Low, Quinnipiac Poll Says | TIME.com).

Unfortunately, liberals don't try to understand things like the economy; instead, they just want the simplistic "answer" fed to them by the media. They hear Pravda say that the economy is "good" or "growing" and that the supposed recovery is "in its 5th year;" but they refuse to acknowledge that only the ultra-rich have seen improvement, or that median household income has FALLEN 5% since Obama took office (Blog: Obama's policies disastrous for the middle class). They hear that the unemployment rate has fallen, and ignore that it is only people dropping out of the labor force or running out of UE benefits. The fact that it was largely Middle Class jobs wiped out in the Recession, while the few jobs we have gained since then are overwhelmingly part time low paid jobs, is never mentioned by Pravda. Anything they hear that isn't good for Obama, must be a lie.

If a Republican was in office, liberals would be crowing about how corporate after-tax profits are at an all-time high, while labor's share of GDP is at an all-time low (No recovery for the middle class - - MSN Money). Why does their social conscience disappear when a Democrat is in power? Why is his excessive military spending not as bad as Bush's?

How can Obama be so powerful that he can push through a law (over 100% Republican opposition) requiring Americans to PURCHASE the expensive product of a for-profit corporation, and can capriciously changes requirements of the law anytime it is politically expedient, and can totally ignores Constitutional limits on his power--but at the same time he's totally impotent to stop the destruction of the Middle Class and the working class or the increasing consolidation of wealth at the very top?

I just got through reading Freefall, where a Nobel-prize winning economist clearly describes the excesses of Big Banking that led to the 2008 collapse. The fact that Obama followed and expanded Bush's corrupt bailout plan that handed Big Banks one of the biggest transfers of wealth in history--paid for by the working class taxpayer--is well known. Not a single wrong-doer was punished for actions that wiped out trillions in wealth from less-than-wealthy Americans and killed a huge number of Middle Class jobs; worse, the game players were REWARDED with huge bonuses paid out of the taxpayer bailouts.

And to add insult to injury, the only people NOT bailed out by Obama were those least at fault--the actual homeowners who ended up with underwater mortgages. It is beyond sad that Obama threw away the perfect chance to reform the Finance Sector, a mechanism that is responsible for both the consolidation of wealth in an extremely destructive upper class and the destruction of the American consumer class that supported the world economy. It is tragic because the next time the destruction will be even worse, and thanks to Obama there WILL be a next time.

Old 12-16-2013, 02:52 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
1. We have a cool Nobel Peace Prize for the White House.

2. There are millions of people who now have an appreciation of Bush.

3. Bill Clintons image has been improved.

4. Millions of new part time jobs.

Old 12-16-2013, 04:57 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,838,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
no, the question presented in the thread title is what LIBERALS believe has changed for the better, not what I think. Are you telling me liberals dont believe Obamacare has made things better?
I've read some hard line Conservative posts, and your posts are pretty liberal compared to theirs.
You actually have reasons and links to back up what you post. That's a rare gift.

I've been called a liberal and a conservative. This can get weird. At least we're on the samel side.
Beware diehard conservatives/liberals. They don't make any sense, and ask questions in response to questions.

Old 12-16-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Please make an effort to stick to the topic

Old 12-16-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
you included yourself in a tangential discussion between two people, which is fine
I know it's fine, because this is an open discussion forum, and not a private message board.

Quote:
Anyway, I'm done with you for today (if not forever).
You should have left a long time ago. I felt a little awkward having to explain such basic things to you, but you kept writing more and the more you wrote, the worse you looked.

Quote:
I don't follow or care about football. Not sure why you thought I did.
I had a feeling it was over your head, but I thought I'd give it a try anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies