Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2013, 11:03 AM

8,633 posts, read 9,142,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
You need to work on reading a post before replying, champ. I said in plain English that I disagree strongly with laughing at anyone for losing their job. Can you reply to the substance of what I said? Or are you going to keep going on the 'laughing at these people' part that you fabricated me agreeing with?

Going on strike instead of spending that time bettering yourself so that you can prove you are worth more money is nothing but stupid. I feel for these people for not having jobs, especially at Christmas, which is why I wish they spent nights/weekends working harder and building new skills so that they can prove to someone that they deserve a raise. Instead of putting in the time and effort to do that, they took the easy way out and foolishly went on strike.

And again, I am not laughing at them. I wish they still had jobs. Now can you actually respond to what I said instead of blindly assuming that I am laughing at people who lost their jobs?
How do you know half are not going to school? You don't. Just because of a moment in time someone is making sandwiches for a living does not mean 5 years from now they fire you to hire them. And by the way you have absolutely know idea about other moments in time when folks went on strike and rightfully so. Many died so that you can have Christmas off. Not all employers are created equal just as employees are not equal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 11:04 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,210,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
If you or someone you care about came down with serious mental illness, like schizophrenia, they would not be in danger of being homeless???

You live in lala land if you think you are immune
If someone I cared about came down with schizophrenia, they would never be homeless because I care enough about my friends and family to let them live with me for free for as long as it takes. Are you saying you feel this way because you wouldn't help those you care about if they hit hard times?

Old 12-24-2013, 11:06 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,213,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
If someone I cared about came down with schizophrenia, they would never be homeless because I care enough about my friends and family to let them live with me for free for as long as it takes. Are you saying you feel this way because you wouldn't help those you care about if they hit hard times?
If your friend became schizophrenic and attacked your family members and tried to burn down your house you'd let them live in your home??????

I call BS.

What if you became schizophrenic, you'd still keep your job right???

More BS

Old 12-24-2013, 11:09 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I worked for 20+ years for a company with a unionized factory. Once during my tenure, the idiots went on strike. I laughed out loud at them, literally, in their faces. They would never recover what they lost in wages by going on strike.

Seriously, that's how dumb they are.

I'm still laughing at them.
I bet you enjoyed the boost in wages, though, that they got for you.
Sucking off of others' labor..yep. Sounds typical.

Old 12-24-2013, 11:11 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,210,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
If your friend became schizophrenic and attacked your family members and tried to burn down your house you'd let them live in your home??????

I call BS.

What if you became schizophrenic, you'd still keep your job right???

More BS
I would help him any way I could, including giving money for treatment, letting them stay in my home, and giving my time to helping in any way possible. Again, are you saying you wouldn't do the same? Are you going to take a more and more extreme case until you 'win'? Reductio ad absurdum is a pretty sad debate tactic.

I also notice how you never replied to my last post and instead came up with another insane scenario to try to 'win'. Getting back to this particular thread (instead of making up insane scenarios because you cannot apparently talk about the thread at hand), can you respond to the question I have asked you twice (and that you have twice ignored)?

Going on strike instead of spending that time bettering yourself so that you can prove you are worth more money is nothing but stupid. I feel for these people for not having jobs, especially at Christmas, which is why I wish they spent nights/weekends working harder and building new skills so that they can prove to someone that they deserve a raise. Instead of putting in the time and effort to do that, they took the easy way out and foolishly went on strike.

Old 12-24-2013, 11:11 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Now they can look for jobs with higher salaries. Sounds like a win.
Yep!

Congratulations to them!

Old 12-24-2013, 11:13 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I bet you enjoyed the boost in wages, though, that they got for you.
Sucking off of others' labor..yep. Sounds typical.
Another fail.

They got nothing for me.

Try not speaking about that of which you know nothing.

Old 12-24-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Wrong. Mary was married to Joseph.
Only after the fact.

She was preggers (supposedly) when they married.

Therefore, she was an unwed mother for a time.

So THERE!

Old 12-24-2013, 11:17 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Now they can look for jobs with higher salaries. Sounds like a win.
There you go Malamute ~ always looking on the bright side!

Old 12-24-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Another fail.

They got nothing for me.

Try not speaking about that of which you know nothing.
You know what I've realized?

Anybody can say anything in these threads. LOL
Truth not necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies