Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2013, 10:41 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Building a Subway sandwich (hold the oinion) is not the same as building a transmission.

Sir.. would you like that toasted does not take a lot of skills.
One size indeed does not fit all. What one business might be able to do does not mean they all can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 10:42 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,871,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Maybe the employees were dead weight slackers and this last bit was the final straw? America is the most litigious nation on the planet. There is a very good reason why lawyers are hated, they are part of what is destroying this nation.
How did the employees protest? Maybe the owner was paying all that he could afford. I don't know the whole story, but I support a business owners right to fire employees that don't produce.
But you don't know that they weren't producing, you're assuming so because you automatically place more faith in the business owner.

2,884 posts, read 5,643,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
It should read: "All staff members are terminated." That manager can't even use proper English.
That is something the fired worked can find great comfort in. "I got fired but my boss used improper English in doing so"

6,331 posts, read 5,213,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I worked for 20+ years for a company with a unionized factory. Once during my tenure, the idiots went on strike. I laughed out loud at them, literally, in their faces. They would never recover what they lost in wages by going on strike.

Seriously, that's how dumb they are.

I'm still laughing at them.
What a wonderful Christmas message brought to you by the right on Christmas Eve.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:43 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Quote:

Heh, heh, Sandwich Shop Employees Protest for Higher Wages...Get Fired
Heh Heh?? You think it's funny when people lose their jobs?
Yeah, it's a real laugh riot.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:44 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Can somebody tell me how a single mother worker two minimum wage jobs is supposed to afford to further her skills/education through school or training and have time to raise her children? I have no problem with saying that employees should better themselves if they want a better job, but we don't have a system that supports that.
She should have furthered her education and nailed down her skills before she had kids.

Another rocket science moment.

You're welcome.

(Whining about single motherhood does not further your cause nor does it endear your cause to hard working taxpayers.)

2,884 posts, read 5,643,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
But you don't know that they weren't producing, you're assuming so because you automatically place more faith in the business owner.
The strike caused the business to close it's doors for five days, so I would say they weren't producing. They hurt the business badly due to their selfish strike.

3,555 posts, read 4,097,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Typical Tea Party. Somebody losing their jobs, hilarious. Somebody wishing you happy holidays, PERSECUTION!

6,331 posts, read 5,213,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Not as funny as an earthquake in a third world nation, but it will do.

650 posts, read 514,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
It’s the email no employee ever wants to receive, let alone just days before Christmas.

“All staff is terminated,” Snarf’s Sub Shop in Chicago said in an email to its 20 employees.

Read story and full email here:

Read the Now-Viral Email a Chicago Sandwich Shop Sent Its Employees Just Days Before Christmas | TheBlaze.com
I know of a bank that roughly did the same thing. Some 30 or so employee's were zapped over short period when a new manager entered the scene.

The only way they were able to keep the doors open in the next two years due to a complete withdrawal from local interest and business was due to deep pockets within the organization. It is picking up a little but went from a top outfit to what would be a no go if a venture was to consider starting up even now, 5 years later.

the only thing that would make sense here, is having a look at the competition to see what relationships possibly exist, or new partner style set ups.

like so many things at the hard working peoples daily perseverance it would appear as though they were led to do what they did as part of a plan, with the end game being the final notice.

People today are so shifty with money and so indifferent to who they use and how, it is not reasonable to simply take stories at a glance for what they seem to be and, nobody is stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies