Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2014, 07:11 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I agree, I often have difficulty getting to sleep, Ambien's legal and I wouldn't take it if you paid me to.

Study: Popular Sleeping Pill Ambien Linked to Increased Death Rate - US News and World Report

Now a toke or two and a glass of wine? I sleep like a baby and feel good in the AM.

oh yah..

Old 01-30-2014, 07:16 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I foresee marijuana smoke breaks. Bad enough with tobacco, now they go outside for a toke and come back inside blasted.
That's ridiculous. Alcohol is legal now, but do you know many employers who allow "liquor breaks?"

For the record, it's been essentially legal here in California since the 1990s - and not only do our workplaces rarely allow its use on the job, but there is no evidence (AFAIK) it's affected unemployment, productivity, road accidents, etc. Can you prove otherwise? I dare you.

Quote:
If I owned a business, whiz quizzes would be the order of the day and if THC is present, see ya.
And that would be your right as a business owner, so what is your point? Do you think if it's made legal, there would suddenly be new legislation FORCING businesses to allow it on the job? If you believe that, please explain why employers are currently allowed to test for alcohol, Rx drugs, tobacco, etc.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:19 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
I know a person who is a lawyer, and I sometimes go to parties at his house. And at these parties I see doctors and lawyers smoking marijuana.

"When I was a medical student some of my classmates where daily smokers of pot. Day after day after day. These are now your surgeons, your radiologists, your family practice docs. They are everywhere. These are bright, intelligent folks who made it through the incredible rigors of Hell and back. And they turned out just fine."

Do Doctors And Lawyers Smoke Marijuana (Weed)? What Do You Think?
And then there was a pot smoking kid named Obama who years later went on to become the president of the United States. Bill O'Reilly has been exposing himself as a clueless fool lately when he brings up the topic of marijuana on his show

Old 01-30-2014, 07:20 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Do you realize that the marijuana industry has only grown and advanced since Nixon lied to the public in order to launch the longest and costliest war in American history?
Wait a minute... did someone go back in time and alter history? I didn't realize that Nixon launched the Vietnam war. All these years, I was certain it was began quite a few years before Nixon took office in 1969.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:25 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Wait a minute... did someone go back in time and alter history? I didn't realize that Nixon launched the Vietnam war. All these years, I was certain it was began quite a few years before Nixon took office in 1969.
What makes you think Vietnam was our longest war?

Nixon launched his war on drugs which has exceeded even the war in Afghanistan in length, no doubt cost, and as little benefit to the US.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
WOW! Reefer Madness on steroids!

When ya gonna tell us smokers eat babies when they get the munchies?
Wait... you don't eat babies?? You should try, they are really quite tasty - especially the chubby ones.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:29 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times

The Many Health Benefits of ingesting Cannabis Marijuana Hemp! - YouTube

Carl Sagan Talks Marijuana - YouTube

Old 01-30-2014, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
You know one of most comical things about the typical "anti-weed" person? They are surrounded by people they believe they can trust..and who trust them. Sadly, quite often, they couldn't be more wrong. If you're an anti-weed person, odds are, many of your smoking acquaintances never let you in on their little secret. Why? ....because you couldn't handle the truth and can't be trusted. It's not that AW folks don't have friends who smoke, it's that they don't KNOW their friends smoke. Big, big difference. It's actually kind of comical.

Those who think they're so smart...are being fooled by the very "kind" of people they are judging to be beneath them. Yeah, actually...kind of ironic.
Just recently discovered that my father's best friend, a 60+ year-old wealthy business owner and father of two (one of whom is a police officer), smokes pot daily... in his words, "I smoke a LOT of weed!" It came up when we were discussing vaporizers, and how he's now using them for both tobacco and pot due to a lung cancer scare. So even us "pro-pot" types can be surprised by who smokes! Now I know why I've always liked him so much, LOL.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
It shouldn't be legalized because we don't need another legal intoxicant thrown into the mix.
Why not? Are you always this hypocritical, and do you enjoy controlling what other adults do with their bodies? When there are substances MORE harmful that are perfectly legal, while some states are throwing pot smokers in jail, we absolutely need to "add another intoxicant to the mix." Picking and choosing, especially when the legal ones are even worse for you, is the height of hypocrisy and dictatorship. If you're a conservative, as I seem to remember you are, I'm surprised you would be so supportive of big government & nanny laws like this!

Of course, I've always known the Republican mantra of "less government" is BS, and only applied selectively based on personal preferences. The Democrats are also selective in their support of freedoms, but at least they don't pretend to be all "Stay out of my lives, government!!" - so you can't call them hypocrites, I guess.

Quote:
Not to mention the stench.
If "stench" were a good enough reason to pass laws against something, we'd also have people lobbying to make perfumes, incense, body odor, etc, illegal. But since I don't see that happening, your opinion is noted but irrelevant. Btw, I'm extremely allergic to lavender, and my neighbors often burn (?) something lavender-scented which wafts up to my apartment... should I call the cops, or just report them to the landlord? Surprisingly I have no desire to do either, because it's my responsibility to control my own environment and allergies - not theirs.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:51 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,834,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

...one’s creative abilities can be enhanced under its influence...one can become more sensitive...more appreciate all arts...be closer to nature...You can be more aware with pot.
The real reason marijuana is under such tight control is these psychedelic properties.

The function of governments and religion is to control the masses by restricting their thoughts and actions.

Substances that promote expanded awareness are a threat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies