Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2014, 07:42 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You've apparently been deluded into believing basing your argument on lies gives it credibility.

IT DOES NOT!

Did THAT sink in?

Perhaps you should attempt actually learning the meaning of words like artificial before using them, eh?
I fully expected dope addled minds could not comprehend my statement.

This is a prime example of how marijuana screws with the thought processes.

I hope everyone here takes a lesson from this.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:43 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,725,989 times
Quote:
You've apparently been deluded into believing basing your argument on lies gives it credibility.

IT DOES NOT!

Did THAT sink in?

Perhaps you should attempt actually learning the meaning of words like artificial before using them, eh?
Apparently, MANY do not comprehend the meanings of either "natural" or "artificial".

Old 02-01-2014, 07:48 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
And MANY of those drugs that are "regulated and controlled" as you say have the possibility of producing serious side affects up to and including death. WHAT, other than power of Big Pharma's lobby $$$, makes that so acceptable?
One has to weigh the risk of side effects with the potential to treat an ailment. Any treatment comes with potential side effects. You're messing with the chemistry of the body. You can't avoid potential side effects and drug interactions are a serious consideration here. There are over 400 chemical compounds in marijuana. That alone should give someone pause who is taking other medications to treat an illness.

I'm not certain that MJ has the impact people think it does. The placebo effect has long been known. If someone thinks something helps, they will often report it does. If MJ had such great medical uses, one has to ask why big pharma hasn't jumped on the band wagon and started isolating the beneficial compounds in marijuana in order to market them to treat the ailments that marijuana is superior in treating....perhaps there are none.

There are too many compounds in MJ to market it as a treatment for anything. Isolating the compounds that are beneficial, if there are any, would be acceptable because you could minimize exposure to the compounds you don't need to treat the ailment in question but for some reason, big pharma doesn't seem to be running with this. You'd think they would if MJ really had medicinal purposes.

Show me blind studies that prove that MJ is superior to any other drug out there in treating anything please. The fact people claim it is could just be wishful thinking because they like to get high.

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I fully expected dope addled minds could not comprehend my statement.

This is a prime example of how marijuana screws with the thought processes.

I hope everyone here takes a lesson from this.
Your post is a prime example of how the self-Righteous refuse to let the truth and facts influence their O-P-I-N-I-O-N-S. There's apparently nothing artificial about that, it appears to be their natural state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Apparently, MANY do not comprehend the meanings of either "natural" or "artificial".
See, the thought processes are completely shattered.

I will attempt one more time, though why am I wasting my time with burnouts is something I fail to see.

It is a natural substance that grows on its own. Period.

When ingested into the body, it is an artificial substance to the body.

Is the difference clear? Has it penetrated the THC haze?

This is really my last attempt to make clear what is blatantly obvious to other people.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:50 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
But we already have drugs to do these things that are regulated and controlled. There is no need to legalize a drug that is abused far more than it is used to treat legitimate ailments to accomplish any of this.
I disagree that the prescription drugs are better and safer due to regulation. Many people use marijuana responsibly. Some abuse it. That is true with anything, including prescription drugs.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
One has to weigh the risk of side effects with the potential to treat an ailment. Any treatment comes with potential side effects. You're messing with the chemistry of the body. You can't avoid potential side effects.
And just WHY are you so dead set against judging marijuana by that same same weighing of risk vs. benefit?

What is it that makes you so biased against a naturally occurring substance while so accepting of those creted in chem labs?

8,003 posts, read 11,725,989 times
Quote:
There seems to be a problem with understanding the English language, probably by dope addled minds. A substance not meant for human consumption is an artificial substance.

Did that sink in? Take some time to think about it, it will eventually work through that dope haze.
Um.....so, what you're saying is that marijuana "should" be the drug of choice, rather than chemical, "artificial","designer" drugs, created in a laboratory? I AGREE!!!! Phew, I didn't think you and I would ever agree on ANYthing!

You're right! A plant, which carries medicinal value, in it's NATURAL state, which does the same thing, with fewer side effects, than man-made, artificial drugs, is most definitely a drug which was MEANT for human consumption.

Your statement makes perfectly clear, that "artificial substances" were NOT meant for human consumption!

Just curious....does THIS sink in? ...at ALL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I disagree that the prescription drugs are better and safer due to regulation. Many people use marijuana responsibly. Some abuse it. That is true with anything, including prescription drugs.
Anything taken outside of prescribed medicinal purposes is abuse. Period.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:53 AM

Quote:
It is a natural substance that grows on its own. Period.

When ingested into the body, it is an artificial substance to the body.

Is the difference clear? Has it penetrated the THC haze?

And just what substances besides mother's milk in your little world would you consider 'natural' when ingested into the body?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies