Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 08:49 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,973,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
I have live in one of these small towns in Washington. The school district was in large part funded by taxpayers in the Seattle area-democrats. We had a large number of Federal employees through the Forest Service and in our schools 50% were on Snap and I guess most of the town was on Medicaid, Schip, EITC, etc. Senior relied SS, Medicare and senior lunches. But when it come to voting 57% voted Republican. Almost the whole town was a government check...ya gotta love the Republican base.
Like everything else you post... This is fiction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 09:15 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,017,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
Good luck with that. Much of DC's "progressiveness" has spread out to the suburbs producing negative results. At least the conservative suburb will probably be able to tolerate my hobby in cars, guns among many things that the city will probably limit me from doing.
Of come off it. You guys think liberals are just white, metrosexual yuppies.

Don't you know there are plenty of Non white working class Americans in cities that are into cars? They're also into hunting and fishing. I know plenty of democrat leaning Mexican Americans here in LA that are like this. Yes, Los Angeles, not Louisiana.

It's just they don't make it a pride thing like your type do. They're not posting pics on facebook of themselves with a freshly killed buck all decked in cammo to show off every hunting season.

Sometimes I think you guys elaborate on how much y'all hunt and how much you know about cars to distinguish yourselves as manly conservatives.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:20 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post

Don't you know there are plenty of Non white working class Americans in cities that are into cars? They're also into hunting and fishing. I know plenty of democrat leaning Mexican Americans here in LA that are like this. Yes, Los Angeles, not Louisiana.

It's just they don't make it a pride thing like your type do. They're not posting pics on facebook of themselves with a freshly killed buck all decked in cammo to show off every hunting season.

Sometimes I think you guys elaborate on how much y'all hunt and how much you know about cars to distinguish yourselves as manly conservatives.
2 things here: SOME "Hispanics" ARE "white" and what about the "vatos" with their cars and guns wanting to be OG posting on FB? Sheesh!

Old 02-07-2014, 09:23 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Republicans aren't so much racist as they are elitist. And not elitist in the sense of a snooty city liberal but elitist in the sense of really championing their middle class values like they're gospel truth. So any Hollywood liberal or poor urban minority or rural single white mother on assistance is singled out as destroying America.

A lot of the hard right wing base tend to be fairly educated managerial, small business or professional upper middle class types that just hate seeing poor people on assistance regardless of color or workers getting agitated and demanding a bigger share of the pie. In other words they just can't stand the lower class as a whole, they don't mind the ones that break out of poverty and climb the ladder into the middle but overall they have this disgust for working class folk.

It just so happens that race follows class in America so the majority of low income people are minorities and they get the brunt of the attacks. That's why they appear as racists in my opinion. They're not dye in the wool racists. They'll ask why can't black people be more like the Huxtables but that's because they like their upper middle class values.
It ain't just a "Repub" thing; I've run into MANY "Dems" who are arrogant snobs too.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:26 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,213,094 times
Why Do Rural Counties In America Vote Republican

Because many Republicans speak with Southern accents and walk around with cowboy hats and guns

Old 02-07-2014, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
It ain't just a "Repub" thing; I've run into MANY "Dems" who are arrogant snobs too.
I agree. I would say its just a class thing mostly. I know a bunch of snobby liberal people who would mean mug a working class minority in their yuppie area.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:
2 things here: SOME "Hispanics" ARE "white" and what about the "vatos" with their cars and guns wanting to be OG posting on FB? Sheesh!
Yes a lot of Hispanics are white. But what I'm saying is that y'all make it seem like only WASP country boys like hunting fishing and cars.

I was saying I know a lot of Mexican mestizo non white Hispanics who LOVE cars, fishing and guns. At my last job they wouldn't shut up about their fishing rods or the new parts they bought to install in their car.

Last, the Vatos wanting to be OG is a good example of another lot that want to distinguish themselves as manly, same as the country boys that live in the burbs but occasionally hunt yet post it all over FB when they shoot a buck.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:36 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,770,847 times
Quote:

To tell you the truth I live in an apartment. I do have working space for my cars but it rather limited. Unfortunately, house prices around here are out of the stratosphere. Most of my friends who are also into cars don't exactly live in the city either. Having lived in Los Angeles, I know there are places with garages however where I am is not like LA except the traffic. Los Angeles is nothing like where I grew up by any stretch of the imagination. Not what I would call down to earth area either.

Contrary to what you think I don't hunt nor do I post many pictures regarding my cars. I just personally want to enjoy what most people come to America for.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:41 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,419,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
Yeah lets shrink out military and make ourselves vulnerable so people will want to attack us. lol

But seriously my whole point is the military is not comparable to medicare.
You know we could do what Britain does keep a smaller military but have nuclear missile subs at random places. Knowing that your country would be annihilated by a near unpreventable nuclear strike is a pretty good deterant to invading somewhere, but lets not lie, we all know are large military exists for one reason to fight limited wars with limited goals.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:55 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,778,790 times
Yeah and my oncologist when he wants to tell me a tumor is growing says it is

Progressing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Rural areas lack diversity, blended culture, and innovative thinking and ideals.

Large urban metro areas have a blend of people, races, cultures, ideas, values, and more. This melting pot of different ideas is called progression. Cities by nature usually tend to be progressive, people who live in urban areas tend to be progressive and lean democrat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies