Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2014, 12:54 PM

878 posts, read 737,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
she certainly IS polarizing. That's the last thing the GOP needs in 2016.
Do you think Hillary will be polarizing if she runs with all the scandal behind her?

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
She's not going to get the nomination and probably won't even run.
She'll hint at exploring the possibilities of possibly weighting the option of eventually starting on the process of deciding whether announcing her candidacy will be good for the nation as long as the rubes send her checks.

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
My point exactly. I liked Keyes and he was far more experienced than Obama.
Keyes was a carpetbagger who had never even lived in Illinois when he ran for the Senate seat. We rightfully rejected him.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:57 PM

878 posts, read 737,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Keyes was a carpetbagger who had never even lived in Illinois when he ran for the Senate seat. We rightfully rejected him.
True but apparently he was the only choice they could find at the last minute since Obama's campaign persuaded a biased judge to unseal his main opponents divorce records which in turn caused Jack Ryan to drop out of the race.

Old 02-14-2014, 01:03 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
True but apparently he was the only choice they could find at the last minute since Obama's campaign persuaded a biased judge to unseal his main opponents divorce records which in turn caused Jack Ryan to drop out of the race.
Well, you have it half right. Ryan was forced to drop out, but it had nothing to do with the Obama campaign. Just another Republican sex scandal...

Old 02-14-2014, 01:22 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,850,289 times
Quote:
Do you think Hillary will be polarizing if she runs with all the scandal behind her?
Hmmmm, I'd have to think about that. Its easy for me to say I won't vote for her but I'm a Republican.

If she dials up a little "Slick Willie" charisma and does well in the debates and on TV, then no, I doubt Democratic voters will even remember there were any scandals. And the media will probably forget to remind us about them too.

Old 02-14-2014, 01:54 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,417,405 times
Quote:
What made Obama ready? He had zero executive experience at running a business, dealing with budgets or governing compared to Palin who had.
Palin governed a welfare state with a population comparable to Charlotte, NC.

SHE ALSO QUIT HER POSITION AS GOVERNOR. Republican nomination? She has a better chance of winning an Oscar nomination.

On sidenote, GWB had plenty of executive experience when he entered the White House. He's one of the very worst presidents in this nation's history.

Old 02-14-2014, 01:57 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
.........if the media reported the facts on each candidates experience, policy and ideas. I would have to agree. The media never reported Sarah Palins great executive record as governor in the 2008 election. Her record showed that she was more qualified to govern compared to Obama who had zero executive experience. And people don't realize that as governor, Palin was the 2nd most powerful governor in the nation. Palin proved as governor she was able to work with democrats and get things accomplished that the previous governors of Alaska were unable to do. If she were to run and Hillary was her opponent, Palin's executive record would outshine Hillary. Hillary is plagued with scandal and the media has done their best to cover for her like they have with the putative president. The media needs to reform itself and stop being bias so it can report the facts on each candidates experience, policy and ideas. Palin says American need to return to it's founding principles and we have strayed off that path. I have to agree. I would encourage everyone to read the first link and watch the 2nd link before commenting instead of typing a impulsive biased knee jerk reaction. Please try to refrain from doing that. This thread is about having executive experience that can get this nation on the right track to prosperity as well the media reporting that experience.

Todd Palin: Sarah Palin Would Win Pres Election 'Hands Down' if Media Weren't Biased

Video: Todd Palin: She could win the presidency 'hands down'
Videos - Sarah Palin's Life At Home In Alaska - InsideEdition.com
The Palin family is a different type of stupid...

Old 02-14-2014, 02:01 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
McCain was a total dumb a$$ for picking a clueless airhead for a running mate. He'd be president today if he'd have picked Romney instead of Palin.
McCain picked Nancy Pelosi?

Highly unlikely McCain would have won regardless of his running mate. In fact, his poll numbers went up shortly after announcing his running mate.

Old 02-14-2014, 02:05 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
McCain picked Nancy Pelosi?

Highly unlikely McCain would have won regardless of his running mate. In fact, his poll numbers went up shortly after announcing his running mate.
His #'s did go up right when the pick was made, but crashed shortly thereafter when Palin's negatives with moderates went through the roof.

With that being said, he wouldn't have won no matter who he picked for VP, but it probably pushed the margin up a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies