Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2014, 04:08 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,503,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Actually not true. Karl Rove is out there auditioning various candidates to be the next GOP nominee. And if you think Karl Rove cannot stop Palin in her tracks--you'd be wrong. He has a lot of power in the establishment GOP--you think Romney was the tea party choice? Why doesn't Palin just run as an independent if she is so popular she does not need the GOP?
Whatever power he has will be on the other side. It happened in 2012, and Mitt Romney got early support from Rove. Arrayed against that, Palin will have WHAT? The Kochs probably. But move away from their ilk, and I don't see any powerful backers. But enjoy your daydream. It may be all you have from now to 2016.

Old 02-14-2014, 04:08 PM

878 posts, read 739,701 times
Quote:
Actually not true. Karl Rove is out there auditioning various candidates to be the next GOP nominee. And if you think Karl Rove cannot stop Palin in her tracks--you'd be wrong. He has a lot of power in the establishment GOP--you think Romney was the tea party choice? Why doesn't Palin just run as an independent if she is so popular she does not need the GOP?
Romney lost by not embracing the TEA Party, especially after not inviting Palin to speak at the convention. When that happened, he pissed off tens of millions of Palin supporters so they stayed home election night.

Old 02-14-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
Romney lost by not embracing the TEA Party, especially after not inviting Palin to speak at the convention. When that happened, he pissed off tens of millions of Palin supporters so they stayed home election night.
Romney was a Ken Doll. Rove thought an empty suit was what America wanted. In addition, Romney had the weight of the financial meltdown to drag through the political campaign. I'm impressed that he did as well as he did. But wow, look at the people who ran for the nomination AGAINST him! Where was there any substance at all? All sorts of egoes who thought "I'm a leader!" None of whom I thought had the slightest shred of an argument about how the vast pool of unemployed had any hope of regaining their lives. After some past election shocks, I wasn't totally convinced America would see through the PR, but in the aftermath, I wondered why I ever doubted. It was the WORST performance by the finance industry since 1929. And we know what that crisis did to Republican power.

Old 02-14-2014, 04:34 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,318,761 times
Quote:
Ok. What has Hillary done policy wise that will make her invincible to anybody that runs against her? Give specific details please.
Hmmm--after Hillary graduated Wellesley and Yale Law School, she worked on the Watergate case, became first lady of Arkansas, became First Lady of the WH, became Senator from New York, became Secretary of State and in between became one of the most admired woman in the US. Her academic achievement are too many to list so please read her bio but try not to laugh when comparing to Palin's.

Scuse me, but what has Palin done period, and please be specific? She got a college degree after going to six different colleges, won a beauty pageant in Alaska, became a sportscaster, was mayor of a town in Alaska, was governor, single-handedly sank the GOP in 2008, making an idiot of herself on interviews then quit her job as governor so she could move to a sunny climate, make more money and became a Fox babe. Do you really think the country can't see through her? She loves attention, cannot put a coherent sentence together and wrote a work out book. That being said--I would love love love her to run for president. It is the stuff of dreams of every comedian in the country.

Sarah Palin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hillary Rodham Clinton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-14-2014, 04:36 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,318,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Whatever power he has will be on the other side. It happened in 2012, and Mitt Romney got early support from Rove. Arrayed against that, Palin will have WHAT? The Kochs probably. But move away from their ilk, and I don't see any powerful backers. But enjoy your daydream. It may be all you have from now to 2016.
If you would like to naively believe that Karl Rove is going away--you are the one daydreaming. Karl Rove distributed the Koch Bros money during the last campaign, and he is still a powerful player in the GOP establishment.

Old 02-14-2014, 04:37 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,363,124 times
Quote:
Maybe they found out that the opportunistic Rapture-ready grifter was willing to sell her principles to the highest bidder.
After all her bloviating about the horrors of socialized medicine and her seething rejection of women's rights vis a vis abortion, she agreed to speak at a FUNDRAISER for a Canadian socialized medicine, abortion-y, death-panel-y hospital.
And why not? After all, they offered her $100,000, so she kissed her principles goodbye.

Last edited by weltschmerz; 02-14-2014 at 05:15 PM..

Old 02-14-2014, 04:42 PM

878 posts, read 739,701 times
Quote:
Hmmm--after Hillary graduated Wellesley and Yale Law School, she worked on the Watergate case, became first lady of Arkansas, became First Lady of the WH, became Senator from New York, became Secretary of State and in between became one of the most admired woman in the US. Her academic achievement are too many to list so please read her bio but try not to laugh when comparing to Palin's.

Scuse me, but what has Palin done period, and please be specific?
We are not talking about academic achievement. I am talking about policy. Here is my question to you Enigma777, when it comes domestic policy making what has she done that would make her a exceptional president? What are some of her past achievements at being fiscally responsible that would be incredibly beneficial to this nation? Be specific in detail.

Last edited by Britt Reid; 02-14-2014 at 05:23 PM..

Old 02-14-2014, 05:12 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,363,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Maybe they found out that the opportunistic Rapture-ready grifter was willing to sell her principles to the highest bidder.
After all her bloviating about the horrors of socialized medicine and her seething rejection of women's rights vis a vis abortion, she agreed to speak at a FUNDRAISER for a Canadian socialized medicine, abortion-y, death panel-y hospital.
And why not? After all, they offered her $100,000, so she kissed her principles goodbye.
What? No long-winded rationalization on why she did this from her penultimate fawning admirer?

Old 02-14-2014, 06:24 PM

22,690 posts, read 24,713,753 times
Quote:
Ok. What has Hillary done policy wise that will make her invincible to anybody that runs against her? Give specific details please.

Not so much what Herr Hillary has done. It is more about the pathetic competition she has.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Not so much what Herr Hillary has done. It is more about the pathetic competition she has.
Most of us would say Frau Hillary. But we understand German.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies