Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2014, 10:36 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,275,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
She did say Putin's head floats over Alaskan airspace.
What's pathetic is your rabid crush on the Wasillbilly.

Old 02-15-2014, 10:36 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,147,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
You do realize that she never said that? It was Tina Fay who said it.
Yes I know this...

Old 02-15-2014, 10:44 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,147,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
Are you that misinformed or do you just want to lie? Palin never said she "can see Russia from her back yard". That was Tina Fey on Saturday Night Live. If you believed that then it shows how stupid Obama supporters really are. Pathetic!
I'm not misinformed! I'm pretty sure I have a better grasp on politics than Sarah Palin supporters. Come to think of it, there are kindergarteners that have a better grasp of politics than Sarah Palin supporters.

Tina Fey was paraphrasing a ding bat. She played the part so well. That's why it will always be funny... Since you don't understand what paraphrasing is I provided a link with a definition Paraphrase - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Below is the source information that made Tina Fey's artist rendering of Sarah Palin one of the funnest SNL skits ever!!! How do you like those apples?

Palin on her insight into Russian Politics - YouTube

Old 02-15-2014, 10:49 AM

13,310 posts, read 7,890,823 times
She's probably with Putin on quelling the pus*y riots.

Old 02-15-2014, 11:00 AM

878 posts, read 739,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I'm not misinformed! I'm pretty sure I have a better grasp on politics than Sarah Palin supporters. Come to think of it, there are kindergarteners that have a better grasp of politics than Sarah Palin supporters.

Tina Fey was paraphrasing a ding bat. She played the part so well. That's why it will always be funny... Since you don't understand what paraphrasing is I provided a link with a definition Paraphrase - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Below is the source information that made Tina Fey's artist rendering of Sarah Palin one of the funnest SNL skits ever!!! How do you like those apples?

What about this idiot putative president thinking the Constitution was written 20 centuries ago? How embarrassing!

Obama: Constitution written "20 centuries" ago - YouTube

Old 02-15-2014, 11:05 AM

Quote:

And what Palin said was the absolute truth. On the island of Little Diomede off Alaska in US waters, you can see Russia. You can also see Russia from other points in Alaska. You stand on high ground on the tip of St. Lawrence Island—a larger Alaskan island and see it. So Palin was right all along.

Last edited by Britt Reid; 02-15-2014 at 11:14 AM..

Old 02-15-2014, 11:13 AM

Quote:
I'm not misinformed! I'm pretty sure I have a better grasp on politics than Sarah Palin supporters.
What makes you think you are sure? Tell me about her policy record. What was her record of achievement making policy as governor?

Old 02-15-2014, 11:19 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,352,139 times
Oh, good! Britt, you're here.
Maybe now you can explain how you defend the indefensible. I asked you this numerous times, and you keep ignoring it.
Why would Sarah Palin, an avowed anti-abortion, anti-socialized medicine, anti-death panels maverick, agree to speak at a FUNDRASISER for a socialized medicine, abortion-providing, death panel-y hospital?
She sold out for cash.
Way to stick to your principles.

Old 02-15-2014, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Oh, good! Britt, you're here.
Maybe now you can explain how you defend the indefensible. I asked you this numerous times, and you keep ignoring it.
Why would Sarah Palin, an avowed anti-abortion, anti-socialized medicine, anti-death panels maverick, agree to speak at a FUNDRASISER for a socialized medicine, abortion-providing, death panel-y hospital?
She sold out for cash.
Way to stick to your principles.
Palin's record is that she accepts abortion on certain circumstances.

Old 02-15-2014, 11:26 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,304,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
We are not talking about academic achievement. I am talking about policy. Here is my question to you Enigma777, when it comes domestic policy making what has she done that would make her a exceptional president? What are some of her past achievements at being fiscally responsible that would be incredibly beneficial to this nation? Be specific in detail.
The thing is, it is quite impossible to determine exactly what Palin's policies are as she cannot quite articulate them. So maybe you could explain what Ms. Palin was trying to say when making these statements. Be specific in detail.

On what Supreme Court decisions she disagrees with other than Roe vs. Wade--"Well, let's see. There's—of course in the great history of America there have been rulings that there's never going to be absolute consensus by every American, and there are those issues, again, like Roe v. Wade, where I believe are best held on a state level and addressed there. So, you know, going through the history of America, there would be others. But, um. Well, I would think of any again that could best be dealt with on a more local level maybe I would take issue with. But, um, you know as a mayor and then as a governor and even as a vice president, if I am so privileged to serve, I would be in a position of changing those things, but in supporting the law of the land as it reads today."

"Oil and coal? Of course, it's a fungible commodity and they don't flag, you know, the molecules, where it's going and where it's not. ... So, I believe that what Congress is going to do, also, is not to allow the export bans to such a degree that it's Americans that get stuck to holding the bag without the energy source that is produced here, pumped here."

"What the federal government should have done is accept the assistance of foreign countries, of entrepreneurial Americans who have had solution that they wanted presented ... The Dutch and the Norwegians, they are known for dikes and for cleaning up water and for dealing with spills."

"I didn't really had a good answer, as so often -- is me. But then somebody sent me the other day, Isaiah 49:16, and you need to go home and look it up. Before you look it up, I'll tell you what it says though. It says, hey, if it was good enough for God, scribbling on the palm of his hand, it's good enough for me, for us. He says, in that passage, 'I wrote your name on the palm of my hand to remember you,' and I'm like, 'Okay, I'm in good."

"Who calls a shot like that? Who makes a decision like that? It's a disturbing trend." – pushing a conspiracy that "In God We Trust" had been moved to the edge of coins by the Obama administration (the change was made by the Bush administration in 2007 and was later reversed by Congress, before Obama took office),

"We realize that more and more Americans are starting to see the light there and understand the contrast. And we talk a lot about, OK, we're confident that we're going to win on Tuesday, so from there, the first 100 days, how are we going to kick in the plan that will get this economy back on the right track and really shore up the strategies that we need over in Iraq and Iran to win these wars?"

"Unless government appropriately regulates oil developments and holds oil executives accountable, the public will not trust them to drill, baby, drill. And we must!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies