Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2014, 12:25 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
Oh I know for a fact she would. Governor Palin was Commander of the Alaska National Guard. The Alaskan 49th Missile Defense Battalion of the Alaska National Guard is the first line of defense with our missile interceptor defense system unit that protects the entire nation from ballistic missile attacks.
This in itself is a little scary until you recognize the DOD was/is actually in charge of missile defense and not "the I can see Russia from my back yard ding bat"... You also conveniently chose to add a picture of Palin with members for the 25th infantry brigade (a regular Army unit) instead of the troops she "supposedly" commanded...

I seriously don't know why people make up stuff to make a point.

Last edited by SHABAZZ310; 02-15-2014 at 12:36 AM..

Old 02-15-2014, 01:16 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
This in itself is a little scary until you recognize the DOD was/is actually in charge of missile defense and not "the I can see Russia from my back yard ding bat"... You also conveniently chose to add a picture of Palin with members for the 25th infantry brigade (a regular Army unit) instead of the troops she "supposedly" commanded...

I seriously don't know why people make up stuff to make a point.
You do realize that she never said that? It was Tina Fay who said it.

Old 02-15-2014, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Thankfully your guys opinion's are in the vast minority. If Palin was president Libya would have nuclear weapons by now.
Yeah, sure.

Old 02-15-2014, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
By the time Obama's second term ends he will have 6-7x the net job creation of his predecessor, despite the fact that the nation lost five million jobs his first year in office. His foreign policy successes annihilate Bush's as well.
What policies of Obama created jobs? By the time Obama's second term ends we will also have have a record high national debt.

Quote:
Republicans, especially the Wasilla Queen, don't hold a candle to Barack Obama.
If you mean being a poor president, I agree.

Old 02-15-2014, 05:19 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Default Todd Palin: "Sarah Palin Would Win The Presidency (Against Hillary) Hands Down..........

Well, well, well...

We just never did hear much from Todd.

Now we know why.

Sarah's the brains of that household.

Old 02-15-2014, 05:44 AM

878 posts, read 737,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
"the I can see Russia from my back yard ding bat".
Are you that misinformed or do you just want to lie? Palin never said she "can see Russia from her back yard". That was Tina Fey on Saturday Night Live. If you believed that then it shows how stupid Obama supporters really are. Pathetic!

Old 02-15-2014, 10:19 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Are you that misinformed or do you just want to lie? Palin never said she "can see Russia from her back yard". That was Tina Fey on Saturday Night Live. If you believed that then it shows how stupid Obama supporters really are. Pathetic!
Ok so try and spin what this woman who thinks she is presidential material certainly did say and/or tweet:

North Korea--"But obviously, we've got to stand with our North Korean allies."

Paul Revere--"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."

On the environment--"I love that smell of the emissions!"

On Libya -- "I haven't heard the president state that we're at war. That's why I too am not knowing -- do we use the term intervention? Do we use war? Do we use squirmish? What is it?"

On Ground Zero -- "Ground Zero Mosque supporters: doesn't it stab you in the heart, as it does ours throughout the heartland? Peaceful Muslims, pls refudiate."

On health care -- "We used to hustle over the border for health care we received in Canada. And I think now, isn't that ironic?"

On her ethics investigation -- "I think on a national level your Department of Law there in the White House would look at some of the things that we've been charged with and automatically throw them out." -- referring to a non-existent department

When asked her what insight she had gained from living so close to Russia, she responded: "They're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska"

"Only dead fish go with the flow." --Sarah Palin, quitting, July 3, 2009

Old 02-15-2014, 10:28 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
She did say Putin's head floats over Alaskan airspace.
What's pathetic is your rabid crush on the Wasillbilly.

Old 02-15-2014, 10:30 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Ok so try and spin what this woman who thinks she is presidential material certainly did say and/or tweet:

North Korea--"But obviously, we've got to stand with our North Korean allies."

Paul Revere--"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."

On the environment--"I love that smell of the emissions!"

On Libya -- "I haven't heard the president state that we're at war. That's why I too am not knowing -- do we use the term intervention? Do we use war? Do we use squirmish? What is it?"

On Ground Zero -- "Ground Zero Mosque supporters: doesn't it stab you in the heart, as it does ours throughout the heartland? Peaceful Muslims, pls refudiate."

On health care -- "We used to hustle over the border for health care we received in Canada. And I think now, isn't that ironic?"

On her ethics investigation -- "I think on a national level your Department of Law there in the White House would look at some of the things that we've been charged with and automatically throw them out." -- referring to a non-existent department

When asked her what insight she had gained from living so close to Russia, she responded: "They're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska"

"Only dead fish go with the flow." --Sarah Palin, quitting, July 3, 2009
....and the cherry on top was not knowing what the Vice President does, while running for Vice President.

Old 02-15-2014, 10:34 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Let's look at Sarah Palin's own words regarding why she should be president--one of those "gotcha' questions asked by O'Reilly.

Bill O'Reilly: Let me be very bold and fresh again, do you believe that you are smart enough, incisive enough, intellectual enough to handle the most powerful job in the world?

Sarah Palin: I believe that I am because I have common sense and I have I believe the values that I think are reflective of so many other American values, and I believe that what Americans are seeking is not the elitism, the uhm, the ah, a kind of spineless, spinelessness that perhaps is made up for that with some kind of elite, Ivy league education and, and a fat resume that is based on anything but hard work and private sector, free enterprise principles. Americans are could be seeking something like that in positive change in their leadership, I'm not saying that that has to be me."

Can you even imagine this woman being interviewed by reporters from other countries who actually speak better English than she does?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies