Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2014, 12:25 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,849,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
If that is true then how did go up against two highly experienced seasoned governors (one a former by the name of Frank Murkowski, the other incumbent Toney Knowles) and debate them 3 times on issues such as oil and gas, fiscal reforms, taxation, budgets, education reform, healthcare, the seafood and timber industry and beat them both to become governor of Alaska? Answer that? All you are doing is spouting off liberal talking points and nonsense that was fed to you by the liberal MSM.
You sure do seem to know every moment of her life and career. Are you employed by her?

Old 02-14-2014, 12:27 PM

878 posts, read 737,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
McCain was a total dumb a$$ for picking a clueless airhead for a running mate.
No he wasn't. What was a dumb a$$ move by McCain was listening to his nitwit campaign manager and decided to suspend his campaign and try to cancel the presidential debate in order to go to DC and deal with the TARP bailout. That was a foolish move that left republicans in shock. Palin raised a objection to the move and thought it was a political mistake for him to do so. She was overruled. Obama and the media took advantage of the blunder and labeled him a Washington insider who was part of the nations crisis and it worked. McCain had a lead over Obama after chose he Palin but by suspending his campaign, that was his downfall.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:31 PM

39,861 posts, read 26,489,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
If you're saying that McCain has bad judgment when it comes to picking people, you're getting no argument from me.
Seems like a common problem in DC. How else to you explain clueless tools like Holder, Morton, Napalitano and Cebelias (sp? on all)? Bad judgement on selecting people is far from limited to Rs. Thing is, when you surround yourself with incompetant fools, you make yourself look like one. Just as true for Obama as McCain. Joe Biden anyone?

Old 02-14-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
. But she was thrust into the national spotlight way before she was ready - .
What made Obama ready? He had zero executive experience at running a business, dealing with budgets or governing compared to Palin who had.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:32 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,454,913 times
I don't think McCain himself really picked her. And I certainly don't think he would've if he had known the consequences.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:34 PM

Quote:
No he wasn't. What was a dumb a$$ move by McCain was listening to his nitwit campaign manager and decided to suspend his campaign and try to cancel the presidential debate in order to go to DC and deal with the TARP bailout. That was a foolish move that left republicans in shock. Palin raised a objection to the move and thought it was a political mistake for him to do so. She was overruled. Obama and the media took advantage of the blunder and labeled him a Washington insider who was part of the nations crisis and it worked. McCain had a lead over Obama after chose Palin but by suspending his campaign, that was his downfall.
Yes, there is always the Sarah Palin the Savior of the GOP angle.

That won't help her in 2016 if Republican voters hate her. What choices will we have? a) vote for Hillary? b) stay home? c) vote for Sarah anyway? There is no one good option there.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:36 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,454,913 times
Quote:
Yes, there is always the Sarah Palin the Savior of the GOP angle.

That won't help her in 2016 if Republican voters hate her. What choices will we have? a) vote for Hillary? b) stay home? c) vote for Sarah anyway? There is no one good option there.
She's not going to get the nomination and probably won't even run.

She's about the opposite of "Savior of the GOP." I think she is partially responsible for the beginning of the fractured mess that the GOP is in today.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
What made Obama ready? He had zero executive experience at running a business, dealing with budgets or governing compared to Palin who had.
I'll agree with you on that point. Almost as soon as he was sworn in as Senator, Obama was making appearances in Iowa to gather momentum for a run for the Presidency. As an Illinois resident, that was like being stabbed in the back (even though I voted for Keyes). Couldn't he complete one term or a couple of terms first before making the next jump? Wags were quietly wondering if he was going to leave the Presidency mid-term to run for God which I thought was laugh-out-loud funny.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
She's not going to get the nomination and probably won't even run.

She's about the opposite of "Savior of the GOP." I think she is partially responsible for the beginning of the fractured mess that the GOP is in today.
I agree with all three points. She may be a dim bulb but she certainly IS polarizing. That's the last thing the GOP needs in 2016.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
I'll agree with you on that point. Almost as soon as he was sworn in as Senator, Obama was making appearances in Iowa to gather momentum for a run for the Presidency. As an Illinois resident, that was like being stabbed in the back (even though I voted for Keyes). Couldn't he complete one term or a couple of terms first before making the next jump? Wags were quietly asking themselves if he was going to leave the Presidency mid-term to run for God which I thought was laugh-out-loud funny.
My point exactly. I liked Keyes and he was far more experienced than Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies