Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 08:24 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,935,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Quit crying crocodile tears.

If girls are allowed to play on boys teams (like middle school and highschool football), then why can't boys play on girls teams, such as the case above?
Are the girls playing on boys teams claiming that they are boys? If the decision is made system-wide to make no distinction as to gender on sports teams, fine. Individually though, no. In the case of boys teams, I get it. On the Interstates there are cars only sections of roadway. There are no trucks only sections of roadway. It is not assumed that because you can earn a drivers license that you can deal with 80,000lbs semi-trucks in close quarters. It is assumed, however, that if you have earned a CDL that you can, and must, deal with 4,000lb passenger sedans in close quarters. We've become so politically correct that we don't want to face the fact that properly developed boys have undeniable physical advantages over properly developed girls. You don't have competition when one girls team can field a boy in drag unless the opposing team can also do the same! What part of this is so hard to understand? The girls playing on boys teams... are they 4'11/80lbs? Do they hit or do they run? Let's get ridiculous... say all the boys of the Ridgemont High Varsity Football team quit in disgust. Do the girls that are left have a chance in the next division meet when they face Cloverdale which, interestingly, has no girls on its varsity team?

H

Old 03-03-2014, 08:24 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
It seems that a lot of males play softball, weeknights,weekends and may have a beer or two during or after.
On high school teams?

Old 03-03-2014, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
It comes down to if a person (male or female) wants to play on a team sport, and it is not offered based on a single sex team, that person can try out or apply to be a member of that team. Thats why a male who wants to play softball can play on a girls softball team.. HS rules.

It seems that a lot of males play softball, weeknights,weekends and may have a beer or two during or after.
I know of mixed soft-ball teams. I know players. Attempts are made to keep things fair. You are NOT going to have a team of all women play a team of all men. The game will be forfeited. Besides, that is not what is happening in the o.p. The boy is not saying "I'm a boy, I want to play on the girls team because there is no boys team for me to use". Do you not see the difference? Do you not see the potential for abuse of an overall lax policy towards what is allowed and what is not? Americans love to win and there is absolutely no shame in their game. Once you allow a culture of indifference and ignorance to saturate high school sports it will filter up to the college ranks. There is the case of a 6'9" ex-player turned coach of a girls basketball team claiming to have become a woman (who is going to check?) and wanting to play on the team s/he coaches. S/he was good as a man, s/he will be outstanding as a woman. Opposing teams have a chance in hell, but that's all they have. Mostly the teams they face will lose. Every time. That's not competition. It was allowed at all because it is a non-pro league and no big money at stake. Still... precedent and all that.

H

Old 03-03-2014, 10:12 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Are the girls playing on boys teams claiming that they are boys? If the decision is made system-wide to make no distinction as to gender on sports teams, fine. Individually though, no. In the case of boys teams, I get it. On the Interstates there are cars only sections of roadway. There are no trucks only sections of roadway. It is not assumed that because you can earn a drivers license that you can deal with 80,000lbs semi-trucks in close quarters. It is assumed, however, that if you have earned a CDL that you can, and must, deal with 4,000lb passenger sedans in close quarters. We've become so politically correct that we don't want to face the fact that properly developed boys have undeniable physical advantages over properly developed girls. You don't have competition when one girls team can field a boy in drag unless the opposing team can also do the same! What part of this is so hard to understand? The girls playing on boys teams... are they 4'11/80lbs? Do they hit or do they run? Let's get ridiculous... say all the boys of the Ridgemont High Varsity Football team quit in disgust. Do the girls that are left have a chance in the next division meet when they face Cloverdale which, interestingly, has no girls on its varsity team?

H
Case by case basis, as I keep saying.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:18 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I want to know how this harms you? He is living as a girl and is a cheerleader too. Does that drive you crazy too? It's teenagers and softball.

Oh.. and hahah CA fruits and nuts insane liberals blablabla.
Don't care much about the boy playing on the girl's softball team. She is living as a girl and I have no problem with that. I am a girl and played predominately with boys as a girl as I played baseball. FWIW, girls can play baseball on boy's teams in high school across the country. I see no reason why this teen should be denied the opportunity to play on the girl's team. The parents could have easily sued the team based on Title IX laws which let kids play on whatever team they want.

FWIW, girls even wrestle boys on the wrestling team so I don't see why the OP and those supporting him/her are up in arms about this. Probably because they are angered for some reason at the parents, child, and state the family lives in due to a fascination with obsessing about liberals lol.

But on the bold portion above - CA being the land of "fruits and nuts" is actually a quote from a John Steinbeck novel - "East of Eden."

Old 03-03-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Case by case basis, as I keep saying.
What are you talking about? Case by case? Really? Is that how modern society works? No, we have laws. Wide reaching, all encompassing laws, for good or for evil. That's how you adminster a population that numbers in the millions... or even a small town with a population of thousands. Otherwise you get things like black men doing jail time for jaywalking because the law against it only gets made up on the spot. There's probably some irony/sarcasm in that last sentence but we'll ignore it for the moment. I have a bigger point to make: some consistency and common sense in the broader legislative sense is not an unreasonable thing for the public to have. "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one" --Spock. One off, case by case, applications of 'justice' create precedent, which creates repetition. Eventually you need a law.

H

Old 03-03-2014, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Don't care much about the boy playing on the girl's softball team. She is living as a girl and I have no problem with that. I am a girl and played predominately with boys as a girl as I played baseball. FWIW, girls can play baseball on boy's teams in high school across the country. I see no reason why this teen should be denied the opportunity to play on the girl's team. The parents could have easily sued the team based on Title IX laws which let kids play on whatever team they want.

FWIW, girls even wrestle boys on the wrestling team so I don't see why the OP and those supporting him/her are up in arms about this. Probably because they are angered for some reason at the parents, child, and state the family lives in due to a fascination with obsessing about liberals lol.

But on the bold portion above - CA being the land of "fruits and nuts" is actually a quote from a John Steinbeck novel - "East of Eden."
You said you played with boys on the baseball team. So, there were boys and possibly other girls on your team? Boys and girls on the opposing teams as well? I imagine so. Otherwise you have a rout, and where is the fun in that? I didn't believe you about the wrestling so I googled it. I've spent about 10 minutes looking at guys getting pinned by girls on you tube. I haven't seen any videos of a guy wiping up the mat with a girl. Likely he would be arrested and the video confiscated as evidence. I'm only half kidding. I don't know... we are doing real harm to our young people by forcing them into these unnatural social situations. The video where the girl gets down on all fours and the guy gets behind her with his arm across her belly... ... and her father is in the stands videoing it... ... JHC, what are we doing to our young men? And women! I get that its empowering for the young ladies but where do they go in life when they are big enough and strong enough to beat most men they meet? They will still be socialized to want men that are superior to them physically. Of course they will find them. I'd be scared of the guy who could beat the 5'10" girl wrestler. He'd be a scary *** piece of work. Those would be the choices.

It isn't any secret that male testosterone levels are dropping by 1% every year. All the plastic in our world is slowly robbing men of their strength and endurance and women are loving it. I don't know how it all plays out. Luckily I don't have to. But my main point is still that, even in the you tube videos, you can still tell who the girls are and who the boys are. The girls are competing on boys teams as girls. They have the physical gifts to make the team. That's fine. Its when the rules force the team to accept girls that cannot physically make the cut. Then you have a team that cannot be competitive. At the present time, men are still mostly stronger than women. Bigger too. In sports where that matters, competition will be segregated by sex or it isn't competition, its spectacle. Maybe that's what it will all come to: public spectacle for entertainment purposes only. What interesting times we live in.

H

Old 03-03-2014, 11:25 AM

643 posts, read 918,183 times
OP, how does this affect you in any way?

Old 03-03-2014, 12:51 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,925 times
If you were on the opposing team, and the player in this case played at a superior level because of the physical advantage, wouldn't you feel that this was unfair? This could be quite controversial on a competitive level.

Old 03-03-2014, 01:54 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
You said you played with boys on the baseball team. So, there were boys and possibly other girls on your team? Boys and girls on the opposing teams as well? I imagine so. Otherwise you have a rout, and where is the fun in that? I didn't believe you about the wrestling so I googled it. I've spent about 10 minutes looking at guys getting pinned by girls on you tube. I haven't seen any videos of a guy wiping up the mat with a girl. Likely he would be arrested and the video confiscated as evidence. I'm only half kidding. I don't know... we are doing real harm to our young people by forcing them into these unnatural social situations. The video where the girl gets down on all fours and the guy gets behind her with his arm across her belly... ... and her father is in the stands videoing it... ... JHC, what are we doing to our young men? And women! I get that its empowering for the young ladies but where do they go in life when they are big enough and strong enough to beat most men they meet? They will still be socialized to want men that are superior to them physically. Of course they will find them. I'd be scared of the guy who could beat the 5'10" girl wrestler. He'd be a scary *** piece of work. Those would be the choices.

It isn't any secret that male testosterone levels are dropping by 1% every year. All the plastic in our world is slowly robbing men of their strength and endurance and women are loving it. I don't know how it all plays out. Luckily I don't have to. But my main point is still that, even in the you tube videos, you can still tell who the girls are and who the boys are. The girls are competing on boys teams as girls. They have the physical gifts to make the team. That's fine. Its when the rules force the team to accept girls that cannot physically make the cut. Then you have a team that cannot be competitive. At the present time, men are still mostly stronger than women. Bigger too. In sports where that matters, competition will be segregated by sex or it isn't competition, its spectacle. Maybe that's what it will all come to: public spectacle for entertainment purposes only. What interesting times we live in.

H
I was the only girl on my team for 3 out of 4 years in elementary-middle school. There were maybe 2-3 other girls in our entire league. I was one of the best players on the team. Just because girls are on a team doesn't mean that the team can't beat another one that was entirely made up of boys.

There was a girl wrestler in our district when I was in high school and she made it all the way to the state tournament, so she was pretty girl. Any boy would have been pleased to make it as far as she did.

You seem to be all up in arms over nonsensical talking points. Baseball and softball are not really gender specific. Wrestling IMO is as not too many girls are any good past freshman year. The girl I spoke of was a freshman when she went to the state tournament. She didn't wrestle again after 9th grade but now they have all girl wrestling teams so girls can wrestle other girls if they want. Football is another where I think that in high school girls would be at a disadvantage, but not softball or baseball. I played a combination of baseball and softball throughout my childhood. We got a girl's fast pitch team my sophomore year because other girls were too chicken to try out for baseball and so I along with them lobbied for a softball team. Our school got some funding via Title IX and built us a nice field and we did pretty good, but I played on the boys baseball team in high school in 9th and 10th grade and I hit plenty of doubles and homeruns and caught plenty of pop ups and line drives. I played 2nd base and got run into plenty of times too. I played 1st base from 4th through 8th grade and got pummeled a few times and wasn't any worse for wear and made sure to get a run when that happened to stick it to them, or if I got put in as a relief pitcher (I was one of the best relievers on the team too) I made sure to throw a ball at the guy who ran me over like any other baseball player back then lol.

Oh, the good old days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies