Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2014, 01:44 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,656,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Patrick Cordova-Goff is a boy.

He thinks that he is a girl.

Our confused Democrat politicians here in the land of fruits and nuts have created a law that allows this confused young man to compete against girls, with all the advantages he has being stronger due to his gender.

Our civilization is doomed.

Transgender teen to play on Azusa High's girls' softball team - latimes.com
Things change, here's a woman who plays running back in a men's pro football league.

Female football player earns respect in professional debut* - NY Daily News

Would YOU go up against the 6-4, 245 pound linebacker that she did ??
(I wouldn't)

Old 02-27-2014, 10:11 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Things change, here's a woman who plays running back in a men's pro football league.

(I wouldn't)
Not always for the better.

Old 02-27-2014, 10:15 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
3. She is not confused--she is simply expressing who she is, rather than making herself miserable by unsuccessfully trying to be who you want her to be.
He is confused and Harrier doesn't want to make the kid into anything.

He already is what he is - a boy.

Encouraging him to pretend that he is a girl will not change that fundamental fact, nor will it help anything.

Old 02-28-2014, 11:04 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,937,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post

(I wouldn't)
Novelty act. Publicity stunt. When the Bronco's or the SeaHawks start putting women on the line in numbers I will pay attention. Right now its like CVS not selling cigarettes. They've put their money where their mouth is but they want other chains to do the same. If they don't... give it a year or so... they will work cigarettes back into sale or go out of business. In the meantime the publicity is great for business.

H

Old 02-28-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
So, here's a proposal: How about you have them begin taking hormones before joining such teams in cases where team performance actually matters?
Not just hormones but also alter his muscle insertion points and torso to leg length ratio. I'm kidding. Sort of. First off, it might not even be legal to begin hormone therapy in High School. I have a better idea. How about a don't ask don't tell policy. I mean.... if the kid was a girl he wouldn't have to ask if he could play on a girls team right? So he must not really look much like a girl. When he can go on Maury and fool the beauty pageant judges, then he can play on the girls team, hormones or no hormones. Or we can just say nutz to all this gender stuff. Elsewhere on CD the question is being asked about how long separate mens and womens facilities will be around. Hey... maybe its time we just scrapped all the investment in separate plumbing for his, hers and ?? and just have America. No coed teams, just teams. No his or hers, you just is. Wait till after I'm gone though.

H

Edit: and while we are scrapping the eons old dinosaur of sexual dimorphism... how about ideological labels as well. This liberal has nothing to do with the attempts to confuse the sports loving public. When Conservatives see something they don't like its always got to be a Liberal plot to destroy America. Seriously? I don't think so. An idea is a good one or a bad one on its face. Period. There is no atomatic Liberal component to bad ideas, and that works the other way as well.

Last edited by Leisesturm; 02-28-2014 at 11:25 AM..

Old 02-28-2014, 01:08 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,086,321 times
Ever since the beginning of human life, There have been two genders. The two sexes are necessary to propagate the human race. Homo sapiens reached anatomical modernity about 200,000 years ago. Why all of the sudden do liberals think that is it OK to twist these facts around in 2014?

Old 02-28-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Ever since the beginning of human life, There have been two genders. The two sexes are necessary to propagate the human race. Homo sapiens reached anatomical modernity about 200,000 years ago. Why all of the sudden do liberals think that is it OK to twist these facts around in 2014?
Maybe because liberals don't think so? Not all anyway. Just as all Conservatives don't. I'll bet more than a few Conservative parents of transgendered children would like for them to be fully accepted as the gender that they may one day be even if, at present, they are still very much the gender they were born. Or did I not make that clear in my last post.

H

Old 02-28-2014, 01:33 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,125 times
Default Insane liberal law allows California boy to play on a girls softball team

Quote:
Patrick Cordova-Goff is a boy.

He thinks that he is a girl.

Our confused Democrat politicians here in the land of fruits and nuts have created a law that allows this confused young man to compete against girls, with all the advantages he has being stronger due to his gender.

Our civilization is doomed.

Transgender teen to play on Azusa High's girls' softball team - latimes.com
You're very unhappy in California.

Consider moving.

Old 03-01-2014, 12:29 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,530,947 times
Don't know if someone has covered this already, but, primarily in baseball and even football and hockey, a few girls have played on high school boys teams.
So what's the difference here?
Softball isn't that easy of a sport to play, it's not as simple as a boy will make a team over a girl any day, since he's a boy.

Old 03-01-2014, 05:00 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,169,514 times
Quote:
Why does something have to harm someone personally for liberals to consider it to be wrong?
Sounds like you have no idea what the word "liberal" means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies