Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2014, 01:49 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,061,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Its a mental disorder so therapy is necessary, and proper parenting need to be added into it.
Proper parenting is to do what is best for the child and nurture the kid with love and opportunity. It is 2014 and things have changed. It is not labeled in any DSM as a mental disorder.

Old 02-25-2014, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
The inevitable conclusion, right there.

Title IX says you must offer a matching number of female athlete spots as male, and every school already knows fewer women do athletics than men, so look for a rise in the number of "gender confused" men who can only play athletics on women's teams, and oh, shocking, they are so good they get scholarships.
This is absurd speculation. This is not "every male". It is wrong on so many levels to say letting a boy play on a girl's team hurts others. This is not an Olympic team. This is a school program. And the proper way to authenticate the female sports almanac is to use a stricter qualification standard of "transgender" at the professional level than that which is used at the school level.

Problem solved!

Last edited by EricS39; 02-25-2014 at 02:09 PM..

Old 02-25-2014, 02:01 PM

13,966 posts, read 5,632,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS39 View Post
This is absurd speculation. This is not "every male". It is wrong on so many levels. This is not an Olympic team. This is a school program.
Note where I said inevitable conclusion. Dimes to donuts says people take this case and learn to exploit the system of hyper-sensitivity to all this sexuality nonsense. It's inevitable.

College golf, right off the bat. Easy exploit. +4 handicap guy suddenly becomes gender confused, now plays from ladies' tees, handicap goes to 0, gets scholarship to make a football/basketball school happy to fill a Title IX slot and also has ringer on girls golf team who plays par 4s as driver-wedge or driver-putter. Put a foursome of gender confused manginas on the team, you just won the NCAA championship.

When college is over, go back to being less confused about gender. You watch....it will happen.

EDIT - and the LPGA long ago built prevention of these hijinks into their rules and their rule is "born female."

Old 02-25-2014, 02:03 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
I beg to disagree. If a guy decides to go transgender and play on a girls' team, the guy is making it clear in the community that he is different from other males, and all that goes along with it. To think someone would go that far just to have an advantage on a girls' team is ludicrous. Only guys who would do this are the ones whose hearts are set on being gender changed and that's why this law is not strange at all.

Any peer advantage this opportunity brings this kid is just one badly needed triumph in an array of more difficult circumstances that other guys don't face every day.
I feel like banging my head against a wall! I don't care if the guy wants to make it clear to the community that he's different! He's a boy, no matter what his brain is telling him, and that makes it UNFAIR to the girls playing those sports! Boys are generally faster, stronger, and taller than girls. Period! What if a girl is hoping to get a scholarship for track, but she's always coming in second to another "girl" who is not really a girl? Will that hurt her scholarship chances? Ditto for swimming, or any other racing sport.

The Olympic Committee obviously feels this is an unfair advantage too. Otherwise, why would they do gender testing?

Old 02-25-2014, 02:05 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,672,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I feel like banging my head against a wall! I don't care if the guy wants to make it clear to the community that he's different! He's a boy, no matter what his brain is telling him, and that makes it UNFAIR to the girls playing those sports! Boys are generally faster, stronger, and taller than girls. Period! What if a girl is hoping to get a scholarship for track, but she's always coming in second to another "girl" who is not really a girl? Will that hurt her scholarship chances? Ditto for swimming, or any other racing sport.

The Olympic Committee obviously feels this is an unfair advantage too. Otherwise, why would they do gender testing?
I have an idea to solve this hypothetical problem. End athletic scholarships. Decouple athletics from school (especially colleges). Stop making money off amateur (i.e., unpaid) athletes.

Problem solved.

Old 02-25-2014, 02:08 PM

Quote:
This is absurd speculation. This is not "every male". It is wrong on so many levels. This is not an Olympic team. This is a school program. And the proper way to authenticate the female sports almanac is to use a stricter qualification standard of "transgender" at the professional level than that which is used at the school level.

Problem solved!
Eric, I'm guessing you've never competed to get on a high school sports team. It's highly competitive, with a limited number of spots available. If the "transgender" kid wants to participate, why not become a school mascot or show the boys that a transgender is just as good as them and compete for a spot on a boys' team? Taking up space on a girls' team is completely unfair. Why is this so hard to understand?

Old 02-25-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
I have an idea to solve this hypothetical problem. End athletic scholarships. Decouple athletics from school (especially colleges). Stop making money off amateur (i.e., unpaid) athletes.

Problem solved.
Sure, that's just great. End it for everyone because 1% or even less than 1% of the population can't participate on the team of his gender identity.

Old 02-25-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Eric, I'm guessing you've never competed to get on a high school sports team. It's highly competitive, with a limited number of spots available. If the "transgender" kid wants to participate, why not become a school mascot or show the boys that a transgender is just as good as them and compete for a spot on a boys' team? Taking up space on a girls' team is completely unfair. Why is this so hard to understand?
Because his preference is to be a girl, not a guy.

Old 02-25-2014, 02:13 PM

Quote:
You really only see what you want to see, don't you? I've given perfectly reasonable explanations for why this law is unfair to girls, but I guess we will have to just wait for the feminists in California to catch on before this law gets changed.

Oh, and girls can play on boys' teams if they make it through try-outs. We have girls on a high school football team around here, which is perfectly fine since girls don't have a biological advantage over boys.

Old 02-25-2014, 02:16 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,659,410 times
Quote:
There is a difference between gender and preference. I want to be a lion , where do I sign up ?lol .

So if I throw on a human custome on a monkey , the monkey is now a human? By your logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies