Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2014, 05:24 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Yes. I want to stop a rapist even if he's not endangering me personaly. I want to stop a thief even if it's not me he's stealing from. If it's not right, it's my business.

All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
Seriously? You're comparing gays to rapists and thieves? That's really pathetic.

Last edited by weltschmerz; 02-22-2014 at 05:51 PM..

Old 02-22-2014, 06:33 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,835,116 times
I read two pages of this thread. Not much else to say but people are some real weirdo freaks. You think letting this little thing (don't want to offend it, so will refrain from calling it him or her) act like this is normal behavior, benefits it in the long run?
How about if this is a more physical sport? Let's say boxing or rugby, which girls also play? Should boys who like wearing skirts be able to play rugby with girls? What if your 12 yr old daughter is pitching to this BOY, and he hits a line drive back in her face?

Old 02-22-2014, 06:38 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,946,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
I read two pages of this thread. Not much else to say but people are some real weirdo freaks. You think letting this little thing (don't want to offend it, so will refrain from calling it him or her) act like this is normal behavior, benefits it in the long run?
How about if this is a more physical sport? Let's say boxing or rugby, which girls also play? Should boys who like wearing skirts be able to play rugby with girls? What if your 12 yr old daughter is pitching to this BOY, and he hits a line drive back in her face?
People say that there should be no national "one size fits all" fix, and that desicions are better made at the local level.

So why not let the locals make rules for the kids in their area. Let each situation be based on the circumstances of the situation.

"what ifs" are a waste of time...

Old 02-22-2014, 06:59 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
What you are conveniently avoiding is the fact that these just aren't "boys who like wearing skirts". Transgendered people ("it" in your words) are not a huge issue in the grand scheme of things, it's not common, but it IS an issue for those who it effects. Instead of taking the path that doesn't hurt anyone you prefer the path that calls a transgendered individual "it" and mocks them and makes them hide so you don't have to acknowledge them. I don't get that. I also don't foresee a plethora of guys changing their sex to female to get a competitive sports edge...odds are they wouldn't have an edge anyway because they are NOT traditionally male in every way you imagine them to be.

Outward genitals are not what makes a person, there are people born with both, things you can see and some things going on inside that you can't. I saw a little girl about 2 years old who had a penis appendage, not fully formed or functional, so we know this stuff happens. Hormones and the brain are confusing and we do NOT have all the answers. There are all sorts of things going on that we can't control or hope to understand. What we can control is being ignorant asshats about things that don't really matter.

Old 02-22-2014, 07:02 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
LOL!

As for this giving teams an unfair advantage, keep in mind that other teams can and should also be able to have transgender individuals on their teams.
Yes, like there are plenty of transgenders to pick from. I am sure there are whole schools, even in California, without transgenders.

Coach: Sorry, Bob. You did not make the team but if you start wearing a dress and call yourself Bobbi ya can play center for the gals varsity.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:16 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
LOL!

Let me try explaining this to you:

Male and female brains are structured in different ways. AFAIK, the brains of transgender individuals are structured (more) like the brains of their self-identified gender rather than the brains of their birth sex. Therefore, transgender individuals do have a legitimate argument in regards to considering themselves to be a specific gender

Also, after these individuals begin transitioning, their bodies lose some of the characteristics of their birth sex and/or acquire some of the characteristics of their self-identified gender.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_change#In_humans

As for this giving teams an unfair advantage, keep in mind that other teams can and should also be able to have transgender individuals on their teams. As for the possibility of this giving individuals an unfair advantage, I don't know whether or not this would be the case in reality, and even if so, are you proposing to prevent all intersex people from competing in such events?

As for cats, it would be impossible for your brain to be more like that of a cat than like that of a human and for you to be able to understand and communicate using human languages. Thus, all I can say in regards to your attempt at an analogy/comparison here is this: You fail. Checkmate.
People are born either male or female.

No one who voluntarily chooses to be a "transgendered" person was anything but the gender in which they were born.

Children like this boy have been confused by people who have an agenda to push by trying to force society as a whole to accept what the more mature people have chosen to be - rather than as what they were born.

The parents should make it clear to this boy that he is a male.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:22 PM

32,069 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Diamond View Post
I'm suspecting you were sick the day they taught Biology.

You do, however, get an 'A' in liberal double talk. Well done!
I know Biology very well but how much do you know about the human brain. I gather not much. And I'm not a liberal.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:28 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,850,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier
Patrick Cordova-Goff is a boy.

He thinks that he is a girl.
I feel bad for this boy........ I hope he is only doing this TO PLAY ON THIS GAME!!

Old 02-22-2014, 09:43 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,090,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Seriously? You're comparing gays to rapists and thieves? That's really pathetic.
Even I agree that this a totally unfair comparison, and that rapists and thieves are owed an immediate apology!

Old 02-22-2014, 09:45 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I know Biology very well but how much do you know about the human brain. I gather not much. And I'm not a liberal.
Natalie, the brain may control how someone feels as a gender, but it doesn't change the fact that the male species is physically different than the female species. They are generally faster, stronger, and taller that females. Sports are physical, therefore a biological male will have an advantage over a biological female. There's no getting around it. While I'm sure that it won't be a huge issue in a sport such as softball, I hope they don't allow it in racing sports like track or swimming.

There's a reason they do gender verification in the Olympics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies