Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2014, 12:09 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviastar View Post
I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Traditional gender roles and so called "normative" behavior as discussed in this thread are definitions/and classifications that belong to a very small time period of a continually evolving history. Let's face it - we are still in the infancy of human evolution when measured over eons of time and who knows what the end game will be. Perhaps there is some reason for more than two genders. So it seems rather absurd to be be dragged into the future clinging desperately to what once was just because you like it that way. The first page of the manual to the Earth should read: "Welcome. Everything is subject to change."
Yes, Mike Tyson has just announced he is a woman trapped in a man's body and is returning to boxing.

Old 02-22-2014, 12:16 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
It has to harm someone or I don't give a darn. You want to give a darn and prevent people from doing things because...? ::it's just not right::?
Yes. I want to stop a rapist even if he's not endangering me personaly. I want to stop a thief even if it's not me he's stealing from. If it's not right, it's my business.

All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Old 02-22-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Yes, Mike Tyson has just announced he is a woman trapped in a man's body and is returning to boxing.

I'm still not sure he can win. He gets confused around women.

Old 02-22-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Yes it is.

Harrier wonders why the feminists aren't up in arms over this attack on females.

It seems that they are in full support of the Democrat's war on women.
Feminists' focus is hatred of men. They don't care about women.

Old 02-22-2014, 12:23 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I'm still not sure he can win. He gets confused around women.
Who doesn't?

Old 02-22-2014, 04:15 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Yes. I want to stop a rapist even if he's not endangering me personaly. I want to stop a thief even if it's not me he's stealing from. If it's not right, it's my business.

All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
So this transgendered teen is a rapist and/or thief in your mind. I see. So as we ALL have the potential to steal and rape how do you suggest we stop us all?

Old 02-22-2014, 04:23 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
So as we ALL have the potential to steal and rape how do you suggest we stop us all?
By not encouraging rapists and thieves with ridiculous laws.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:03 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I don't know about that. We don't even know if this kid is any good at softball. I don't see how one person would unbalance a team and I don't know that a boy who thinks he's a girl would necessarily be better at softball than the girls on the other team. We had a girl on our football team when I was in high school and she was pretty good.
I don't really think it would be an advantage in softball. I'm talking about the overall law that allows boys to play on a girls' team. Track and basketball seem like boys would have a natural advantage over girls. Oh, and wrestling should definitely be out.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:09 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I don't know about that. We don't even know if this kid is any good at softball. I don't see how one person would unbalance a team and I don't know that a boy who thinks he's a girl would necessarily be better at softball than the girls on the other team. We had a girl on our football team when I was in high school and she was pretty good.
Girls don't have a natural physical advantage over boys. I don't think it really matters on a softball, baseball, or football team anyway. My objection especially pertains to track, basketball, wrestling, that type of thing.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:22 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,797,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why don't you get that there is a definition of male and a definition of female.

This is not something that people can just choose.

Should Harrier be able to say that he is a cat?

Meow.
LOL!

Let me try explaining this to you:

Male and female brains are structured in different ways. AFAIK, the brains of transgender individuals are structured (more) like the brains of their self-identified gender rather than the brains of their birth sex. Therefore, transgender individuals do have a legitimate argument in regards to considering themselves to be a specific gender

Also, after these individuals begin transitioning, their bodies lose some of the characteristics of their birth sex and/or acquire some of the characteristics of their self-identified gender.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_change#In_humans

As for this giving teams an unfair advantage, keep in mind that other teams can and should also be able to have transgender individuals on their teams. As for the possibility of this giving individuals an unfair advantage, I don't know whether or not this would be the case in reality, and even if so, are you proposing to prevent all intersex people from competing in such events?

As for cats, it would be impossible for your brain to be more like that of a cat than like that of a human and for you to be able to understand and communicate using human languages. Thus, all I can say in regards to your attempt at an analogy/comparison here is this: You fail. Checkmate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies