Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2014, 12:41 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,176,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Are you a liberal? The concept seems to have YOU stumped.

Issa must be thinking he hasn't been on TV enough lately. When Fox asked him why he was recalling Lerner when shed already invoked, he claimed she was going to waive and testify. Lerner's lawyer said Issa was full of it.

So Issa recalls Lerner, and whattya know, she invokes again.

And Issa looks like a jackass... AGAIN!

No. Barack Obama looks like the jackass after saying in an interview that he would be cooperating with the investigation and his minions continue to stonewall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 12:42 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
As we now know from a vast amount of subsequent testimony and investigation, she was wrong to suggest that it was inappropriate. In point of fact, the IRS targeted political groups on both sides because it was correct to do so, and using key words for the purpose is not political targeting, it is efficient work. Many of those groups did not deserve Tax Exempt status, and the IRS was just doing their job. That's when we all discovered the "scandal" was a fake.

Even I was concerned at first... until the rest of the story came out.
No, you know this isn't true and really should be embarrassed for yourself.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:42 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,085,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I dont recall anyone suggesting she shouldnt be able to take the 5th, you are avoiding the discussion about WHY she would need immunity like the plague.. WHY?
Your failure to comprehend what I write is, at this point, entirely your problem not mine.

Once more. By the numbers.

She doesn't need immunity at all. She already has the Constitution.

Issa needs to offer her immunity if he really wants her to testify. He doesn't really seem all that anxious to make that happen.

Either way, I'm not sure the plague simile works for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest
So when you've been babbling non stop about how she doesnt need it, you now admit you really dont know what the heck you're talking about? We knew that from your first reply here..
I know exactly what I'm talking about. My declining to chase your red herring only puts a finer point on that simple truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest
The thread is about Lerner..
What about her? Is it about her hair color? Is it about her shoes?

No... it's about her testimony in front of Issa's committee.

Or more specifically, her Constitutional right to not testify.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:43 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
Quote:
As we now know from a vast amount of subsequent testimony and investigation, she was wrong to suggest that it was inappropriate. In point of fact, the IRS targeted political groups on both sides because it was correct to do so, and using key words for the purpose is not political targeting, it is efficient work. Many of those groups did not deserve Tax Exempt status, and the IRS was just doing their job. That's when we all discovered the "scandal" was a fake.

Even I was concerned at first... until the rest of the story came out.

Same answer.
83% of the groups that were affected were conservative, good try though.

Among the many mysteries in the IRS scandal has been this basic question: how many of the groups that were targeted for scrutiny were conservative and how many were liberal?
Now there’s a new estimate from Republicans on the House Committee on Ways and Means: Of the 298 applications that were collected and put on hold by the Internal Revenue Service between mid-2010 and mid-2012, 248, or 83%, were right-leaning, while 29, or 10%, were left-leaning.
New Breakdown of Groups Targeted by IRS - Washington Wire - WSJ

The IRS is not doing their job, they are using their power to trample the political opponents of democrats.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No, you know this isn't true and really should be embarrassed for yourself.
You hold onto those delusions if it makes you feel better. The rest of us have moved on.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
83% of the groups that were affected were conservative, good try though.
Let's pretend for a second that number is true (although its source should give us no confidence i that regard). It could mean many things... among them is that 83% of the groups that deserved under the law to be affected were conservative.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
No. Barack Obama looks like the jackass after saying in an interview that he would be cooperating with the investigation and his minions continue to stonewall.
Like you could tell from one moment to the next if Obama looked like a jackass for any particular reason. You decided long ago he was a jackass, and you would accuse him of looking like one after curing cancer.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:47 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
You hold onto those delusions if it makes you feel better. The rest of us have moved on.
Obviously not.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:48 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
Quote:
Let's pretend for a second that number is true (although its source shold give us no confidence i that regard). It could mean many things... among them is that 83% of the groups that deserved under the law to be affected were conservative.
Lol

I cannot even take you seriously anymore after this comment.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Congress only has the authority to ask questions..
Huh?

What Constitution have you been reading?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies