Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2014, 10:56 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,937,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
I lived in Alaska for years. The last several years just down the road from the Palin's. I knew her and her family as did lots of folks around Wasilla. What baffles me is how fearful so many Americans are of what amounts to just a typical all-American family. She's a normal woman, with strong viewpoints, conviction and a freakin backbone. She was also a hell of a governor for the state. Not perfect and not to be overly idolized. But this crap you all label her with is ridiculous. I don't agree with her politically on every topic. But the fear and attack mongering from the left here and elsewhere is amazing.

We're at the point in America where you far left liberals are having your way and likely will continue to get it. And where is it getting you? When will it end and where? READ HISTORY FOLKS. It's not just about abortion and gay marriage. It's about survival of a nation and how history is repeating itself based on many great imploding societies of the past. We are repeating it.

At the end of the day, entitlement, excessive takers and no givers.. equals suicide of a great society. And you, my fine people are witnessing it first hand. You are going down in flames while finger pointing your haltered.

The world has never once throughout it's entire history been able to give everybody everything all the time. It just doesn't work that way in this cosmos. If you try and force that mentality, everything fails and we all loose our options to succeed.
** Attack mongering?? Have ya checked the topic of this thread? Do you know what "mongering" is?
**Fearful??

** Entitlements?? Takers?? Here's your Sarah in 2008.
Sarah Palin, big-government hypocrite.
Excerpt:
Please take a moment to look at this U.S. census chart showing federal-government expenditures, per capita, in the 50 states. You will observe that Alaska receives about $14,000 per citizen from the federal government. That's more than any other state, and a good $4,000 more than every other state except Virginia, Maryland, New Mexico, and North Dakota.

More about the "entitlement-hating" Sarah.
Sarah Palin: The Welfare Queen from Wasilla
Palin charged taxpayers over $20,000 to pay for her daughters to travel with her to events to which they were not invited, including 64 one-way and 12 round-trip tickets, as well as the girls' own expensive hotel rooms. In all, previous reports have estimated Palin charged taxpayers more than $43,000 in travel expenses for family members.If that weren't enough, it seems Palin lied on official reimbursement forms, saying the girls were invited when, according to organizers of the events, they were not. But it doesn't stop there. Apparently, after she was tapped as Sen. John McCain's running mate, Palin went back and amended the expense reports with language to make the travel sound like official business, as is necessary for reimbursement under Alaska state law.

There's more.
Average American Families Pays $6K a Year in Big Business Subsidies | Blog, We're Not Making This Up! | BillMoyers.com
It is well known, except by Fox dittoheads, that welfare for the poor is much less than welfare doled out to the wealthy. Has your Sarah ever complained about the latter? Nope, Caribou Barbie is right in there with the rest of 'em milking the taxpayer while complaining about "handouts" to the truly needy. Why do conservatives believe the wealthy are more deserving of taxpayer support? Please explain.

You don't know a phony and a liar - milking the dittohead base and basking in the glow of recognition and right-wing praise - when you see one?

Last edited by detwahDJ; 03-11-2014 at 11:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 02:55 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post

Why would the party of corporate fascism be the lesser evil in your mind? You think that's where the country should go because democracy is flawed? Are you suckered by republican Fox News which actively promotes corporatism?
I have a degree in Economics, you don't. That is why I am capable of understanding the Democrats are more fascist than the Republican Party. There are actually libertarian elements within the Republican Party. The Democrats are the ones who act like Mussolini.

Gingrich was the sharpest guy running in 2012.

You know you are dealing with a poorly educated individual when they bring up Fox News when no one ever mentioned it.

Old 03-12-2014, 06:10 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
We don't know all the facts about Sarah's travel expenses, but as you attack her with accusations that she had her girls travel with her to a function that "taxpayers had to pay for", let's remember that Alaska gives back to its taxpayers a whole lot of money from its revenues every year which no other state does. So even if the girls were not "invited", the added cost was covered by Alaska taxpayers. Unlike the costs that all of us across the country have to cover for the lavish travel that the President and Mrs. do, with children and on separate planes with an entourage of secret service members for each. WE pay for that and I don't see the government giving us, the taxpayer, an annual check because there is a surplus from natural resource production. We can't even get the Pipeline approved, and Obama promised that our utility bills will "skyrocket", as if it's something everybody should be prepared for. He seems to think we have a bottomless pocket.

Would anyone like to see a list of the first family's extended, frequent and lavish vacations and their costs?

Old 03-12-2014, 07:05 AM

28,903 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
It`s always about those family value$ isn`t it?
well, I've gotta say, she has to be pretty wise to have made all that money?

Years ago, she was dumb, green and intimidated, but since then I have to say, she has gained confidence, and is doing a whole lot better, however, as someone mentioned, she has a great writer, and we must be very careful how any one paints her, b/c that is the same thing they did with Obama....and my personal opinion is, he is even worse then Bush was.

Old 03-12-2014, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
We don't know all the facts about Sarah's travel expenses, but as you attack her with accusations that she had her girls travel with her to a function that "taxpayers had to pay for", let's remember that Alaska gives back to its taxpayers a whole lot of money from its revenues every year which no other state does. So even if the girls were not "invited", the added cost was covered by Alaska taxpayers. Unlike the costs that all of us across the country have to cover for the lavish travel that the President and Mrs. do, with children and on separate planes with an entourage of secret service members for each. WE pay for that and I don't see the government giving us, the taxpayer, an annual check because there is a surplus from natural resource production. We can't even get the Pipeline approved, and Obama promised that our utility bills will "skyrocket", as if it's something everybody should be prepared for. He seems to think we have a bottomless pocket.

Would anyone like to see a list of the first family's extended, frequent and lavish vacations and their costs?
very sensible, fair and good post to read, thank you

Old 03-12-2014, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
I lived in Alaska for years. The last several years just down the road from the Palin's. I knew her and her family as did lots of folks around Wasilla. What baffles me is how fearful so many Americans are of what amounts to just a typical all-American family. She's a normal woman, with strong viewpoints, conviction and a freakin backbone. She was also a hell of a governor for the state. Not perfect and not to be overly idolized. But this crap you all label her with is ridiculous. I don't agree with her politically on every topic. But the fear and attack mongering from the left here and elsewhere is amazing.

We're at the point in America where you far left liberals are having your way and likely will continue to get it. And where is it getting you? When will it end and where? READ HISTORY FOLKS. It's not just about abortion and gay marriage. It's about survival of a nation and how history is repeating itself based on many great imploding societies of the past. We are repeating it.

At the end of the day, entitlement, excessive takers and no givers.. equals suicide of a great society. And you, my fine people are witnessing it first hand. You are going down in flames while finger pointing your haltered.

The world has never once throughout it's entire history been able to give everybody everything all the time. It just doesn't work that way in this cosmos. If you try and force that mentality, everything fails and we all loose our options to succeed.
that was a very good post...there was a time when I didn't like Palin, a lot....but I've been watching her and she is definately flowering, but, as with every politician, will she do what is right by the people, or be intimidated by the WTO and have to listen to them..? I don't believe in this day an age, politicians can help being corrupt...I just don't. Are there some good ones, yes, indeed there are, but few and far between.

Your right, you cannot have it all, as some people would believe, nor can you vote on one particular issue....you have to weigh the whole bigger picture...so, you've definately got your ducks in a row...but, for me, I've seen way to much, and believed way to much...for many years now, and I honestly do not think there is any one out there who will change things...The republicans have had their chance to do that for many, many years....and now, the Dems are in...and multiplying in numbers...and they are just as corrupt....so, what to do? What to do (sigh?)

well, one thing for certain, when people start to hurt in their pocket books, things will change, and I'm finally starting to see that...doesn't matter who has been in the White House, things never really change, they just keep getting worse, and now, in this time, people are loosing jobs yet, hearing on the news, that jobs are being created, so they are finally starting to put two and two together and listen up....hopefully, sooner then later....but what no one can have is it all...you might agree with some issues, but not all, and that doesn't make that person a bad candidate, as long as he follows the laws of the land...which no one seems to be able to do of late....

Old 03-12-2014, 09:48 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,937,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I have a degree in Economics, you don't. That is why I am capable of understanding the Democrats are more fascist than the Republican Party. There are actually libertarian elements within the Republican Party. The Democrats are the ones who act like Mussolini.

Gingrich was the sharpest guy running in 2012.

You know you are dealing with a poorly educated individual when they bring up Fox News when no one ever mentioned it.
So you don't know the actual cause of creeping fascism in America.
You know what people "act like" but you don't know what fascism is.
You, for some reason, don't know the currrent differences between political parties.
You appreciate that Gingrich is "sharp" rather than a duplicitous con man.
You think Libertarian and Republicon ideology of 2008 is what America needs even more of.
Your "degree" ain't doing you much good, is it?

One doesn't have to mention Fox in order to to recognize a dittohead. Roger Ailes scripts are everywhere, and are what right-wing posters use for "arguments".
You know you are dealing with a poorly educated individual when they think "libertarian" is akin to "liberty". I think your "degree" may be courtesy of RWNJ University.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:56 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKR27540 View Post
Palin's latest stupid quote, ''Mr President, the only thing that stops a bad guy with a nuke is a good guy with a nuke.'' If that doesn't scare the hell out of you, I don't know what would.
Actually, it is not "her" quote. Nothing she says comes from her own mind or is original. She stole her 'Nukes' line and she stole her 'Green Eggs' speech from a chain email going around 4 years ago, and she probably wrote it on her hand. This vapid woman has not had an original thought in her life.

A Letter from Kim Jong-un : The New Yorker

Sarah Palin's 'Green Eggs and Ham' CPAC speech was from a chain email - UPI.com

Dr. Seuss Economics: “I do not like this Uncle Sam” | The Beacon

Although the Sam-I-Am reply to her prose on Fallon was amusing.

"I do not like the speech you spoke. The speech you spoke was quite a joke. I found your words were lacking taste. You first hit copy then hit paste. I would not like this on a beach. So next time write your own damn speech."

Old 03-12-2014, 11:28 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Actually, it is not "her" quote. Nothing she says comes from her own mind or is original. She stole her 'Nukes' line and she stole her 'Green Eggs' speech from a chain email going around 4 years ago, and she probably wrote it on her hand. This vapid woman has not had an original thought in her life.

A Letter from Kim Jong-un : The New Yorker

Sarah Palin's 'Green Eggs and Ham' CPAC speech was from a chain email - UPI.com

Dr. Seuss Economics: “I do not like this Uncle Sam” | The Beacon

Although the Sam-I-Am reply to her prose on Fallon was amusing.

"I do not like the speech you spoke. The speech you spoke was quite a joke. I found your words were lacking taste. You first hit copy then hit paste. I would not like this on a beach. So next time write your own damn speech."

Old 03-12-2014, 01:34 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times

I love it the way you hate her.

You know, in 2008 when Obama brushed off Putin's taking of Georgia as being no big deal, Sarah said that will only serve to encourage Putin to go on and take Ukraine. She's supposedly a 'moron' according to the left and all the lamestream media. Well, Putin has made his move and Obama doesn't seem to have seen it coming. Further, he doesn't know what to do about it.

If Sarah is a 'moron' for her lack of international experience and foresight, what does that make Obama??

You all have a nerve calling names and blasting someone who has at least SOME good points, if you had the intellectual honesty to admit it. None of you seem to be able to view anything objectively; it always has to be skewed from or to the left to look "right" to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies