Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2014, 09:20 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,090,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Would you mind listing the Presidents who lived like the average American?

Thanks.
That doesnt make the comment any less stupid...

it was OBAMA who sold the plan on being more affordable than cell phones.. Said everyone would save $2500 a year on premiums.. Now all of a sudden we need to drop cell phones, and cable to afford something that we already had the opportunity to afford prior ACA, oftentimes at a more affordable rate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 09:47 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,039,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Who suggested government shouldnt collect taxes to pay for infrastructure?

Immaterial to the discussion because once again, regardless of who built it, it only took place because society gave up private lands and capital to have it done.

It doesnt magically poof appear because government said so.
You did.

Quote:
How were they built before the federal government created a budget for
them?
My original comment was about who built the business, not the infrastructure.....and that the business owner could not have built his business without the help of those who contributed to building the infrastructure that he needs to support his business.

That is the point Obama was making......and I don't understand how someone cannot understand the concept as it is pretty damn simple.

When people try to twist what he said into something else, they just highlight their own stupidity.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Why should anybody listen to President 'You Didn't Build That' on anything related to economics?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
To the average American all we have is our cable TV for entertainment. We cannot afford to go out to eat. We cannot afford a weekend away let alone a trip to Florida to play golf or in the case of Moochelle a upcoming trip to China with the kids. Didn't they just get back from Hawaii? Does anyone realise the cost to the taxpayers for these trips? it is in the 100's of millions!
This sure is an example of "DO AS WE SAY NOT AS WE DO"!
Quote:
That doesnt make the comment any less stupid...

it was OBAMA who sold the plan on being more affordable than cell phones.. Said everyone would save $2500 a year on premiums.. Now all of a sudden we need to drop cell phones, and cable to afford something that we already had the opportunity to afford prior ACA, oftentimes at a more affordable rate.
pghquest......

If you are going to respond to comments I make about a post {see two examples above} please keep to the subject I was responding to instead of taking them way off course.

What does your post above, in response to my comment about how Presidents live......have anything to do with what I said? The post I responded to was complaining about Presidential vacations and you go on about ACA and cell phones which have nothing to do with my post or the post I was responding to.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:15 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
47% don't pay any Federal Income tax (they get it all back plus more)
Do not mention this inconvenient fact. It means you are a horrible person who hates 47% of the country.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:45 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,818,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post

Pres Obama: Cut Household Spending to Afford Health Care Law - YouTube

The awful arrogance of this creep who has never worked for a living amazes me.

All said just days before leaving on his milti-million dollar golf vacay in Florida.

So, if you earn $700 weekly ($600 after taxes depending on whee you live) all you need to do is give up cable television, internet and cell phone to afford your health care insurance.

What a great guy!

Interesting, too, how he's never run a friggin' lemonade stand, yet wants to tell every business owner in the country how to run theirs.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
You did.
No I didnt.. I asked you a question, you didnt answer
Quote:
My original comment was about who built the business, not the infrastructure.....and that the business owner could not have built his business without the help of those who contributed to building the infrastructure that he needs to support his business.
thats just completely ridiculous. infrastructure needs are built around businesses and society.. You dont build a road and hope they come, their already there, and then you build the road to support the needs..
Quote:
That is the point Obama was making......and I don't understand how someone cannot understand the concept as it is pretty damn simple.

When people try to twist what he said into something else, they just highlight their own stupidity.
I agree, YOU are the one trying to twist what he said into something else.. That or complete ignorance like the previous paragraph..

The needs of roads are determined by the surrounding traffic, the traffic doesnt come because of the roads.

Seriously, do you think bridges are built in hope people move across the river? Thats asinine.. The bridges are built so the people who live over the river ALREADY can cross more easily, and they use the taxes that they are paying to fund it.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:51 AM

Quote:
pghquest......

If you are going to respond to comments I make about a post {see two examples above} please keep to the subject I was responding to instead of taking them way off course.

What does your post above, in response to my comment about how Presidents live......have anything to do with what I said? The post I responded to was complaining about Presidential vacations and you go on about ACA and cell phones which have nothing to do with my post or the post I was responding to.
Because it was obama himself who ran around selling ACA on being more affordable and allowing people to have MORE money, not less.. He told people it would save them $2500 a year..

He either lied to get it passed because he knew he would have to tell people later to cut household spending, or he's the most incompetent piece of **** to ever occupy the oval office..

You choose..

Old 03-14-2014, 11:13 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,156,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Did you watch the video?
Yeah, I have loads of free-time to waste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
He basically said that people don't know how important health insurance is, and if someone in their family gets sick they will be very glad they have health insurance (because then they won't have to pay a $75,000 hospital bill.)
Somebody pays it.

Here's a novel idea.....why don't you repeal all of the laws and regulations that created your Soviet-style Command healthcare system, institute Free Market policies, and then you won't have $75,000 hospital bills?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Has anyone pointed out the irony yet that in order to afford "Affordable" Health Care people are being required to completely change their fiscal lifestyle?
Yeah, well, I think maybe Orwell's likeness should be on Mount Rushmore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
I recommend you read up more on the FPL.. 400% is roughly $46K / year for a single person.
I recommend you learn the meaning of "average."

Is there some part of "average" that you don't understand? Do you require links to dictionaries or thesauri?

Quote:
The federal deficit is less than half of what it was when Obama took office. Do you read anything?
Yes, I read where Republicans placed constraints on the budget to reduce it.

Quote:
What makes you think this is the norm? Only 4% of people receive welfare benefits. Stop listening to right wing propaganda.
Do you read anything?

You have presented propaganda.

Quote:
Welfare is the organized public or private social services for the assistance of disadvantaged groups. Aid could include general Welfare payments, health care through Medicaid, food stamps, special payments for pregnant women and young mothers, and federal and state housing benefits. The Welfare system in the United States began in the 1930s, during the Great Depression. Opponents of Welfare argue that it affects work incentives.

People should stop listening to you...

Mircea

Old 03-14-2014, 11:23 AM

Quote:
No I didnt.. I asked you a question, you didnt answer

thats just completely ridiculous. infrastructure needs are built around businesses and society.. You dont build a road and hope they come, their already there, and then you build the road to support the needs..

I agree, YOU are the one trying to twist what he said into something else.. That or complete ignorance like the previous paragraph..

The needs of roads are determined by the surrounding traffic, the traffic doesnt come because of the roads.

Seriously, do you think bridges are built in hope people move across the river? Thats asinine.. The bridges are built so the people who live over the river ALREADY can cross more easily, and they use the taxes that they are paying to fund it.
Quote:
Because it was obama himself who ran around selling ACA on being more affordable and allowing people to have MORE money, not less.. He told people it would save them $2500 a year..

He either lied to get it passed because he knew he would have to tell people later to cut household spending, or he's the most incompetent piece of **** to ever occupy the oval office..

You choose..
Good grief.

I might as well talk to a brick wall.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Good grief.

I might as well talk to a brick wall.
Now you know how it feels after reading people defend this Presidents LIES for so long...

I'm sorry you cant take the truth, but I tell it like it is.. Not here to make friends..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies