Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 01:31 PM

66 posts, read 102,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Anyone who voluntarily ingests a foreign substance to alter their state of mind is a moron.

How do people like you manage to creep into adulthood without accidentally walking into traffic etc?

Fascinating creatures emerge from the dark annals of this forum.

Ad hom is all I can do here. I apologize to the board, and I'm grateful that people exist whom are patient enough to actually walk people like this through their intellectual flaws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2014, 01:31 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Like coffee?
I think he believes that should be illegal to.

Old 04-05-2014, 01:45 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allyvip View Post

How do people like you manage to creep into adulthood without accidentally walking into traffic etc?

Ad hom is all I can do here. I apologize to the board, and I'm grateful that people exist whom are patient enough to actually walk people like this through their intellectual flaws.
Fascinating creatures emerge from the dark anuses of this forum.

**fixed**

Old 04-05-2014, 02:00 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allyvip View Post

Intellectual flaws?

From someone who likes to get stoned?

I don't walk into traffic because I am not bombed on some junk.

You seem fascinated by me. This is the voice who doesn't need some crap to achieve some mental stimulation or to escape from reality.

Only stoners do that.

Means they are deluding themselves.

Old 04-05-2014, 02:04 PM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Anyone who voluntarily ingests a foreign substance to alter their state of mind is a moron.
Then just about everyone in the world is a moron, seeing as there are few people who've never used caffeine, sugar, nicotine, prescription drugs, alcohol, and/or illegal drugs. Have you ever used any of those things? If not, you are in the EXTREME minority.

Old 04-05-2014, 02:09 PM

I drink decaf, don't smoke or use any kind of tobacco, not on Rx, don't drink booze and never touched dope, coke or any of that other stupid stuff.

Old 04-05-2014, 02:11 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
I drink decaf, don't smoke or use any kind of tobacco, not on Rx, don't drink booze and never touched dope, coke or any of that other stupid stuff.
You must be a real hoot at parties.

Old 04-05-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
I have found that people will bend over backwards to defend substance abuse if the drug being abused is marijuana. Alcohol, tobacco, 'harder drugs', prescription drugs: There seems to be plenty of social stigma attached to abusing those drugs (particularly in certain contexts, such as drinking and driving, or cigarette smoking indoors). However, the response to heavy weed use often boils down to "well, alcohol is bad", while ignoring the fact that someone is a abusing a drug.
Have others found this to be true?
If so, what do you think the reason(s) for this is/are?
Are you serious? The social stigmas attached to marijuana, even when you're doing it LEGALLY (as I do), are still much much worse than the other substances you mentioned. People straight-up brag about their exploits with alcohol - but we're called morons, addicts, losers, dopeheads, etc, for safely and responsibly using cannabis. So I'm not sure where you got the idea it's more accepted, when even here in California and with the legal right to use, I still have to keep it on the down-low.

Old 04-05-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
You must be a real hoot at parties.
Don't like being around drunks so I don't go to parties. Damn cigarette smoke or dope smoke. Human debris go to bars.

Old 04-05-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
How about sugar? That's known to be addictive too, has very harmful physical effects if overused, and can alter your mind:

Your Brain on Sugar

Regardless, do you think anyone who's ever had a drink of alcohol is a moron? How about people who use prescription drugs? And what is your definition of a moron? If it's someone with a high IQ, multiple degrees, interesting & challenging hobbies, and a great job, I guess I am a moron after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies