Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 05:51 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
The Toxins That Threaten Our Brains - The Atlantic

This article makes the case that we are damaging our own brains and that of our offspring by the poisoning of our environment for corporate profit.
I just saw a report on autism and it said they feel it is mostly hereditary, but who knows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 05:59 AM

5,998 posts, read 3,737,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I know how to shut this study down. Birth Control is a poison and it is in our water with all the women taking it. Girls are maturing faster and I don't know what it is doing to boys---making them more female?

Now watch how this study comes to a screeching stop. LOL No one can touch our sacred BC pills.
That would be a war on women.
So you have proof that birth control pills are doing the things you say they are? If you do I'd love to see it. Please post a link to your research.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:14 AM

30,077 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
The Toxins That Threaten Our Brains - The Atlantic

This article makes the case that we are damaging our own brains and that of our offspring by the poisoning of our environment for corporate profit.

Hey- Lower IQs- more democrats. I think now we will see the liberals embracing neurotoxins on their next platform.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:23 AM

1,074 posts, read 758,646 times
Laughable! People will believe anything.

So, I guess all we have to do is eliminate profit? Or do we simply go back about 200 years and give up our standard of living. Maybe we should quite eating and breathing. Well, I guess at the very least, quit growing food.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:27 AM

I think she was being facetious.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
That would work well if the judges weren't owned by corporations.
Why does everything have to come down to big bad corporations with liberals? Would you prefer there were no corporations, making all those great products you love, and are so willing to support with your dollars? It's you people that complain that conservatives want to go back to some previous century. Sounds to me like that would suit you just fine.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:32 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
If true...China is going to have some long term damage.
This is often a global issue like mercury which is primarily from gold mining and coal burning. The US accounts for 3% of the global pool of mercury emissions, specifically US coal power plants account for 1%.

The new mercury standards will reduce emissions here however since most of that is deposited outside of the US it will have a negligible affect on the US. Estimates are deposition rates in the US will decrease 1% to 10%. Since the emission rates are already low compared to places like China it's going to have negligible affect worldwide.

Increasing the burden on US industry alone is not going to solve anything and could actually have the opposite affect driving more industry overseas increasing deposition rates in the US.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The perfect solution would be for you to stop with the drama queen posts and educate yourself. Adults don't need the nanny state.
Bravo! Leftists want the government in charge of everything. That's what "progressivism" is. BIG GOVERNMENT!

Old 03-28-2014, 06:36 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,944,919 times
I bet many people will change their mind about pumping industrial waste fluoride into our public drinking water if only because The Atlantic finally called it a dangerous toxin.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Still angry about those infant safety seats that the nanny state forces people to use in their cars?
I think you know very well what he meant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies