Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 04:18 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
There are pictures.....

They all have black american linage

Kappa Alpha Kappa
LOL!!!

You think that there is only ONE chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha? And you use ONE picture to represent a membership that is in the hundreds of thousands? LOL!!! You are so silly!!!

Epic fail yet again!

(and by the way....there is a non-Black girl in the picture that you posted....LOL!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2014, 04:20 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,300,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
LOL!!!

You think that there is only ONE chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha? And you use ONE picture to represent a membership that is in the hundreds of thousands? LOL!!! You are so silly!!!

Epic fail yet again!
Yeah really; we had chapters of four NPHC sororites at my university, and all were integrated except for one of them. At the time I was a student at UT-Austin, no NPC (white) sororities had black members. A few had a couple of Asian or Hispanic members but most of them were 100% white. The integrated black sororities were majority-black.

Asian and Hispanic students also set up their own sororities. The Hispanic sororities were all 100% Hispanic (mainly Mexican-American) and most of the Asian ones were 100% Asian (mainly Korean and/or Vietnamese-American), but one Asian Christian group had a white girl who "crossed."

Old 03-30-2014, 04:21 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin_Muzik_NJ View Post
Black fraternities will let any one join....BUT a white person will be hazed unbelievably until they drop....

There are unwritten rules to this stuff.
Don't you think that it applies to white fraternities as well? If the pledge makes it through it all he will get ultimate respect with his peers

Old 03-30-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin_Muzik_NJ View Post
Those specific chapters...not all. Either way it is irrelevant. Black frats will make sure a white dude doesn't cross. If they do, they'll have went through hell. Which is why you hardly ever see it.
Actually it would be because there are at least 75 other WHITE frats to chose from and there is not that much insentive to join one of the few black frats that exist.

Old 03-30-2014, 04:29 PM

Quote:
There are pictures.....

They all have black american linage

Kappa Alpha Kappa

And......Your point is? Has it ever occured to you that white women CHOSE not to pledge them?

Old 03-30-2014, 04:33 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,837,946 times
and just to reiterate since many of you are wandering away from the topic, frats and sororities have been admitting blacks, this was just a symbolic resolution to the SGA that was killed.

as I said before, the SGA are puppets of what is called on campus the machine, which are white conservative males with influence telling the SGA how to vote.

it is white conservative males with influence who are the ones against the integration of frats, and sororities, not the actual students.

its the white conservative males fault.

Old 03-30-2014, 04:36 PM

11,761 posts, read 14,661,252 times
Quote:
Ask the NAACP, if white is a color for the CP, in their acronym.
Don't bother. You are welcome to join, regardless of your race.

Old 03-30-2014, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
and just to reiterate since many of you are wandering away from the topic, frats and sororities have been admitting blacks, this was just a symbolic resolution to the SGA that was killed.

as I said before, the SGA are puppets of what is called on campus the machine, which are white conservative males with influence telling the SGA how to vote.

it is white conservative males with influence who are the ones against the integration of frats, and sororities, not the actual students.

its the white conservative males fault.
I concur, and I bet that the same chapter in a different state and college would have no probelm admitting blacks. My god-brother pledged Sig Nu at IUP and I think that he was one of the first blacks to do so. I remember going up there before I graduated from high school.......great bunch of guys!

Old 03-30-2014, 04:49 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,837,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I concur, and I bet that the same chapter in a different state and college would have no probelm admitting blacks. My god-brother pledged Sig Nu at IUP and I think that he was one of the first blacks to do so. I remember going up there before I graduated from high school.......great bunch of guys!
correct.

its the alumni, the conservative white males funding these frats and sororities that are demanding the SGA and heads of these greek chapters to not admit blacks. if they do not, the conservative white male alumni will pull funding for the fraternity.

it is white conservative males who have fought for segregation and continue to fight for it today.

it is white conservative males who don't want to admit blacks into fraternities and sororities.

it is white conservative males who influenced the SGA to kill the resolution.

it is white conservative males who are standing in the way of the university of alabama progressing.

Old 03-30-2014, 05:04 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
correct.

its the alumni, the conservative white males funding these frats and sororities that are demanding the SGA and heads of these greek chapters to not admit blacks. if they do not, the conservative white male alumni will pull funding for the fraternity.

it is white conservative males who have fought for segregation and continue to fight for it today.

Pretty sure Woodrow Wilson was not a Conservative.
Pretty sure FDR was not a Conservative.
Pretty sure LBJ, was considered a southern Conservative Democrat.(the reason he didn't run for re-election)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies